Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vossen

Kodi. Set ups,boxes and add ons.

What a nightmare, Stealth streams is being DDOS attacked, watching it on a dodgy stream on castaway. Was offered free corperate tickets for Man Utd Bournemouth today too glad I said no 

...right thanks for the info I have spent the whole half with one eye on a cr*p Cricfree stream and the other trying to sort out Stealth Streams. Thought it was my setup - went down just as the game started. Good to know it isn't my stuff.

Edited by theadmans

Just like to thank Webbo again for introducing me to Kodi.

Watched every City game and nearly always excellent picture quality.

Now started to watch a few films on it too.

I've decided I don't need all the sports add ons now the season is over. Installed the PulseFlix build the other day and so far it seems excellent.

Set up like Netflix with every film and boxset you can think of, everything I've tried so far is in HD and works perfectly.

Only issue is if you use kodi to watch live tv you may have to side load the necessary add ons yourself.

Guys, guys guys.

I'm a complete noob here, does it matter what device I use if I want to use Kodi? I'm planning on getting a Chromecast anyway but just wondering if this is gonna be okay, pretty much just want to be able to watch football.

EDIT: Or is it better to get an actual Kodi box to save yourself dicking about streaming from your phone every time?

Edited by Haydos

Guys, guys guys.

I'm a complete noob here, does it matter what device I use if I want to use Kodi? I'm planning on getting a Chromecast anyway but just wondering if this is gonna be okay, pretty much just want to be able to watch football.

EDIT: Or is it better to get an actual Kodi box to save yourself dicking about streaming from your phone every time?

I first used Chromecast but found a box much less hassle, I gather Chromecast has improved massively since then though.

The box has more benefits imo.

Guys, guys guys.

I'd suggest better quality on a box and less hassle.

I'd suggest better quality on a box and less hassle.

Cheers, can you cast stuff from your home PC onto the kodi box?

I've used a chromecast for the last couple of years and love the simplicity of casting youtube and plex straight to the TV but if you can do that with the Kodi then probably no need for the chromecast as well.

I've used a chromecast for the last couple of years and love the simplicity of casting youtube and plex straight to the TV but if you can do that with the Kodi then probably no need for the chromecast as well.

I think all do, but certainly my box has an Internet browser and obviously Google play store. You can download youtube app etc onto the box. Kodi is just a small part of the box in reality.

I bought a box for about £50 but the remote was dogshit and made the whole thing unusable! I was going to look at trying to program another remote but my bro bought me a firestick so i've stuck with that. No issues so far and not too hard to set up - although more so than a box.

Moral of the story - boxes are great and easier to set up - usually more powerful too - just watch out for the remotes though - mine ruined me!! 

You can buy boxes with chrome cast built in.

I bought a box for about £50 but the remote was dogshit and made the whole thing unusable! I was going to look at trying to program another remote but my bro bought me a firestick so i've stuck with that. No issues so far and not too hard to set up - although more so than a box.

Moral of the story - boxes are great and easier to set up - usually more powerful too - just watch out for the remotes though - mine ruined me!! 

The standard remote is absolute wank ,but the mini keyboard costs less than a tenner and is superb.

Can't you use your phone as a remote? Thought there'd be an app for casting stuff or just using it as a straight up remote.

Are the fire sticks worth getting? Because I was thinking of getting one for my room but the wifi signal isn't as strong up here so would it be worth it? Or am I just better off plugging in my laptop to TV via hdmi for kodi

It will be the same wifi you get on your laptop presumably? I'm not a fan of firesticks personally, prefer the straight android.