Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vossen

Kodi. Set ups,boxes and add ons.

So, i'm back again, I seem to pop up in here ever couple of weeks/months asking question and never getting round to buying one lol

Anyway,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MXQ-Android-Box-Kodi-16-1/dp/B01F8Y56GK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1468666894&sr=8-2&keywords=KODI+BOX+SET+UP

When that says "fully set up" is it literally a case of plugging it into your tv and it'll work, show games, e.t.c?

And I imagine even if it is from time to time i'll need to update it, by presumably plugging it into my laptop? And updating from there?

Would people suggest this?

So, i'm back again, I seem to pop up in here ever couple of weeks/months asking question and never getting round to buying one lol

Anyway,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/MXQ-Android-Box-Kodi-16-1/dp/B01F8Y56GK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1468666894&sr=8-2&keywords=KODI+BOX+SET+UP

When that says "fully set up" is it literally a case of plugging it into your tv and it'll work, show games, e.t.c?

And I imagine even if it is from time to time i'll need to update it, by presumably plugging it into my laptop? And updating from there?

Would people suggest this?

It'll update itself most of the time. If you ever do need to upgrade to a newer version you can download the app from playstore for free, you should find the playstore on your box, you just need a google account.

It'll update itself most of the time. If you ever do need to upgrade to a newer version you can download the app from playstore for free, you should find the playstore on your box, you just need a google account.

Ok thanks!

So would this do what I want it to do (Mainly I want it for sports)? And when it says 'fully set up' do you think it'd simply be a case of plugging it into my tv and away I go? And would you suggest this one?

Should be. If the set up doesn't work it's easy enough to set it up yourself ,believe me I'm crap at computers and I can do it. There are instruction on the web, these are good https://www.tvaddons.ag/

There are loads of add ons for sport. Someone on here will help you out if you get stuck.

Edited by Webbo

To be honest the only problem you have with these preloaded boxes is they come with the latest edition of Kodi which is great but as time goes on you need to update Kodi to get the best performance and that normally requires it being wiped and the latest one added back on which can be tricky if you are not very good on computers. Also the builds on these boxes normally need to be wiped an added back on to keep it all updated.

I have a Amazon Fire Stick but brought a cheap second hand laptop and downloaded Kodi and the add ons I wanted and avoided the builds. This seems to run so much better. I also get a paid add on to view the sports and movies at a high quality 

If anyone needs any help or advice send me a PM 

To be honest the only problem you have with these preloaded boxes is they come with the latest edition of Kodi which is great but as time goes on you need to update Kodi to get the best performance and that normally requires it being wiped and the latest one added back on which can be tricky if you are not very good on computers. Also the builds on these boxes normally need to be wiped an added back on to keep it all updated.

I have a Amazon Fire Stick but brought a cheap second hand laptop and downloaded Kodi and the add ons I wanted and avoided the builds. This seems to run so much better. I also get a paid add on to view the sports and movies at a high quality

If anyone needs any help or advice send me a PM

Agree with this. I have a Firestick and an MXQ box both bought pre loaded. The kodi on my box I wiped shortly after I bought it and re-loaded the apps I wanted and it works really well. The firestick has 'The Beast' build on Kodi and doesn't run well at all.

Agree with this. I have a Firestick and an MXQ box both bought pre loaded. The kodi on my box I wiped shortly after I bought it and re-loaded the apps I wanted and it works really well. The firestick has 'The Beast' build on Kodi and doesn't run well at all.

Yeah builds don't work well on Firesticks they are best just to have the addons you want

What version of Kodi do people use? I'm still using a modded 14.2 version called SPMC by Koyring but I'm thinking I may start using the official updated one and keep the other incase

I bought the one I linked yesterday, I bit the bullet, thought for £24 I may aswell, it'll give me an introduction and idea of it all even if what i've bought isn't quite right for me.

How often are updates released/needed?

And i'm sure this is something i'll discover when I get it and start playing around with it but is it as simple as going on the sports catogory and pick a Football game/MotoGP/AFL game from a list?

I bought the one I linked yesterday, I bit the bullet, thought for £24 I may aswell, it'll give me an introduction and idea of it all even if what i've bought isn't quite right for me.

How often are updates released/needed?

And i'm sure this is something i'll discover when I get it and start playing around with it but is it as simple as going on the sports catogory and pick a Football game/MotoGP/AFL game from a list?

The addons update 3-4 times a week. If you're updating Kodi they're working on a new version now, but you don't have to update straight away, the old version will still work.

Sports mania...... Has anyone used it, tried it or seen it working? Debating whether or not to purchase it for this season. I was with Stealth streams but kept getting bad picture or none at all due to dos attacks. Basically looking for a new source. Cheers... Foz

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, davieG said:

Not used this for a while what are the latest sites best for football?

Thanks

Castaway , Sportsdevil and Phoenix for live matches. Also C Cloud is very good for sports channels, when they work, which isn't always.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Castaway , Sportsdevil and Phoenix for live matches. Also C Cloud is very good for sports channels, when they work, which isn't always.

Cheers, tonight's game is  listed on Castaway not checked  Sportsdevil and Phoenix are they the same as they were 4/5 months ago.

2 minutes ago, Benguin said:

Anyone found tonight's on Phoenix or sports devil? Don't really want to download new addon as my laptops playing up

If you go to programs-addon installer-featured addons you'll find castaway. Just click and it will install.

• Like 1