Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vossen

Kodi. Set ups,boxes and add ons.

Even though youve plugged it in to the tp unit, have you still gone into the settings and selected ethernet? Sounds like it's lacking Internet.

Yes I started of with wifi then switched to ethernet, no difference back on wifi.

I don't think it's  the connection because it updated a load of stuff and I installed  ares. 

Just clear the data on kodi. Settings-apps. Reinstall the wizard would where i would start.

When I click on the settings box the only thing I can find the is remotely like that is back up/reset in settings, other, more settings.

BBC I player works so it's  definitely  not the connection

On the istream site I get as far as Most Popular  Movies  when I click on that it opens up a sub page with Fetching content metadata. .. and goes no further.

I then have to disconnect it to get back  to the start 

BBC I player works so it's  definitely  not the connection

On the istream site I get as far as Most Popular  Movies  when I click on that it opens up a sub page with Fetching content metadata. .. and goes no further.

I then have to disconnect it to get back  to the start

Have you disabled the protection from your ISP for example sky shield from sky

Have you disabled the protection from your ISP for example sky shield from sky

You'll  have to say that in simple language, the tv is not connected to sky

Hmmm maybe install the tv addons wizard and see if that gets stuff to work.

Did that then at the last stage it said wrong configuration. 

I never had any of these problems on my laptop.

I've  got to stop now apart from doing my head in I've  got other things to do.

Thanks for uou help if you have any other suggestions or ideas I'd appreciate it.

Davie, is your internet BT by any chance? I was installing kodi on a friends tablet a few weeks ago, and had similar issues. It turned out that it was because it was the first time the tablet was connected to my network, the router was trying to redirect to that webpage asking if you want parental controls on. After we'd opened a browser and dealt with that, it worked.

I think a lot of these kodi addons scrape video off webpages. So in this situation, you can download addons, but as soon as the add-on tries to interact with a webpage, it hangs up because the router redirects it to the crappy BT page.

You'll have to say that in simple language, the tv is not connected to sky

Did that then at the last stage it said wrong configuration.

I never had any of these problems on my laptop.

Ok some internet providers stop access to what they deem questionable content

internet providers call it different names like I said for example sky shield

Not sure who you are with so I'll list them and how to switch them off

VIRGIN MEDIA

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&USERTYPE=1&VM_CUSTOMER_TYPE=Cable&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=111904&SIDE_LINK_TOPIC_ID=1001&SIDE_LINK_SUB_TOPIC_ID=101821&SUBTOPIC_NAME=%5B05%5DWeb%20Safe

BT

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/46768#turnoffperm

TALK TALK

http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/how-use-talktalk-homesafe®#tabdisplay_4

Edited by jammie82uk

Ok I understand I've  got bt but I'm  sure the parental control is off especially as I have no problems with kodi on my laptop. 

I only got this because it seemed a neater solution than connecting my laptop to the tv, it also means I can use the laptop for other access.

Ok I understand I've  got bt but I'm  sure the parental control is off especially as I have no problems with kodi on my laptop. 

I only got this because it seemed a neater solution than connecting my laptop to the tv, it also means I can use the laptop for other access.

Ok that's fine I just thought it could be an option as a high percentage of time that's the course of the problem

I would double check as its government guidelines for companies to switch it back on periodically

Failing that I would do as Larry has suggested if you haven't already and do a factory reset

Phoenix -> Staeel buffering heavily on the Liverpool game already so not looking good for later..

Really gone to shit over the past few weeks! Used to get 720p easily no buffering

I guess the more popular these become the slower  it's going to get.

• Like 1