Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vossen

Kodi. Set ups,boxes and add ons.

Have you got your box sorted yet?

Not yet went to the game yesterday.probably  try again today, do a reset.

Do you think it makes a difference using an Internet connected pc, would that cause a conflict.

At least I've  got a fair bit of time before the arsenal game to sort it.

So i'm completely new to this, havn't really ever looked into one, so to get the basics, I buy something like this or similar - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MXQ-Quad-Core-Android-TV-Box-Fully-Loaded-KODI-XBMC-Free-Sports-Film-Movies-Live-/161812082032?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368 and you can download apps on it?

You can watch pretty much anything on it? Is it just like streaming games on your laptop or is there specific apps/better quality on one of these boxes? And is there additional costs, i'm sure I read somewhere about £90 subscribtion for the year, but again may have got my wires crossed.

Someone was telling me there are ones you run through a satellite and some over an internet connection?

Totally clueless about this, and I apologise if these question have been answered before, no doubt there have but in a 61 page thread I could be there for hours, by all means if you can't be arsed to answer the questions if you could like me to the post's/page it'll be much appreciated!

Edited by Matt

Not yet went to the game yesterday.probably  try again today, do a reset.

Do you think it makes a difference using an Internet connected pc, would that cause a conflict.

At least I've  got a fair bit of time before the arsenal game to sort it.

I wouldn't have thought so. I've had the box on and desk top at the same time.

I wouldn't have thought so. I've had the box on and desk top at the same time.

I've found the Factory data reset option under Settings, Other,  More setttings and it says Erases all data on mbx.

Any idea how far that goes, will it restore it to how I received  it or will it take off all the apps like kodi etc.

Can you describe how you do a Fresh Start or is that the same as the factory reset?l

I've found the Factory data reset option under Settings, Other,  More setttings and it says Erases all data on mbx.

Any idea how far that goes, will it restore it to how I received  it or will it take off all the apps like kodi etc.

Can you describe how you do a Fresh Start or is that the same as the factory reset?l

I've done a fresh start, I've not done a factory reset so I can't comment on that.

Fresh start is programs-maintenance tool and you should see the thumbnail. If you follow the instructions it should take you back to basic kodi.

I can't remember if you still have the config wizard after that. If so use that. If not you'll have to install the fusion repo, you'll find that on the tvaddons forum. I can't link you I'm on a tablet.

So i'm completely new to this, havn't really ever looked into one, so to get the basics, I buy something like this or similar - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MXQ-Quad-Core-Android-TV-Box-Fully-Loaded-KODI-XBMC-Free-Sports-Film-Movies-Live-/161812082032?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368 and you can download apps on it?

You can watch pretty much anything on it? Is it just like streaming games on your laptop or is there specific apps/better quality on one of these boxes? And is there additional costs, i'm sure I read somewhere about £90 subscribtion for the year, but again may have got my wires crossed.

Someone was telling me there are ones you run through a satellite and some over an internet connection?

Totally clueless about this, and I apologise if these question have been answered before, no doubt there have but in a 61 page thread I could be there for hours, by all means if you can't be arsed to answer the questions if you could like me to the post's/page it'll be much appreciated!

I've got that box and it works okay.

Some of the streams are exactly the same as the streaming sites, it's just easier with no ads. The premier league plus streams on some of the add-ons seem better than the streaming sites.

My advice would be to download the program to your computer and see how you get on before you spend any money.

The 3 o clock games are terrible in HD now with the constant buffering. Could someone PM me with information of a reliable rtied and tested paid service they use please? I think I'm going to take the plunge.....

Edited by Collymore

I've done a fresh start, I've not done a factory reset so I can't comment on that.

Fresh start is programs-maintenance tool and you should see the thumbnail. If you follow the instructions it should take you back to basic kodi.

I can't remember if you still have the config wizard after that. If so use that. If not you'll have to install the fusion repo, you'll find that on the tvaddons forum. I can't link you I'm on a tablet.

Ok thanks, I've done a fresh start and it automatically updated a load of stuff already on there.

What's the best thing to try/load up first to check it's ok?

Ok thanks, I've done a fresh start and it automatically updated a load of stuff already on there.

What's the best thing to try/load up first to check it's ok?

Have you done the config wizard? That'll load a load of good stuff for you.

Edited by Webbo

Have you done the config wizard? That'll load a load of good stuff for you.

Can you remind me how or point me in the direction of the info.

By the way I've moved it to a standard tv which seem slightly better.

Should be in programs. Have you installed the fusion repo?

Not installed anything yet

Should I install that before the config wizard?

Can't  see the configuration wizard  listed in programmes

Installed velocity gone to tv found breaking bad and big bang theory but can't get either of them to work

Have also installed istream but when I go to video addons all I get is the istream installer not the actual istream

This getting very frustrating

Installed velocity gone to tv found breaking bad and big bang theory but can't get either of them to work

Have also installed istream but when I go to video addons all I get is the istream installer not the actual istream

This getting very frustrating

Not all the streams work. If the first doesn't work you have to keep going down the list.