Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vossen

Kodi. Set ups,boxes and add ons.

Thanks mainly to my btoher in law, I now have Kodi set up on my android tablet and so far it is working fine with the odd film that I have watched and a couple of Premier League games. I even managed to "mirror" the tablet onto the main TV via a Chromecast dongle - which brings me to my next question:

The picture on the tablet is absolutley fine but when it is "mirrored" on the TV it is total crap, pixelating and jumping - so in fact not actually a "mirror" at all. I presume this is something to do with the link between tablet and TV. Question is, would one of the preloaded Kodi boxes which have been discussed here perform any better? (i.e. bypassing the tablet and chromecast altogether)

Thanks mainly to my btoher in law, I now have Kodi set up on my android tablet and so far it is working fine with the odd film that I have watched and a couple of Premier League games. I even managed to "mirror" the tablet onto the main TV via a Chromecast dongle - which brings me to my next question:

The picture on the tablet is absolutley fine but when it is "mirrored" on the TV it is total crap, pixelating and jumping - so in fact not actually a "mirror" at all. I presume this is something to do with the link between tablet and TV. Question is, would one of the preloaded Kodi boxes which have been discussed here perform any better? (i.e. bypassing the tablet and chromecast altogether)

Yes they do, I started with chrome cast and the box is infinitely better.

I've  started from scratch and done a factory reset erasing all data and uploaded addons.

I then installed fusion, went to programmes and selected, config wizard then android 

Every thing I try after that it defaults back to the video addon list or says there's  a log error or that it's  incompatible.

Not sure what else I can do now.

I've started from scratch and done a factory reset erasing all data and uploaded addons.

I then installed fusion, went to programmes and selected, config wizard then android

Every thing I try after that it defaults back to the video addon list or says there's a log error or that it's incompatible.

Not sure what else I can do now.

Im not sure its strange dave, is it only kodi that faults? Have you tried other media based apps -showbox-iplayer-yourube etc?

Im not sure its strange dave, is it only kodi that faults? Have you tried other media based apps -showbox-iplayer-yourube etc?

I've  had I player working, it's  weird  because although not an expert by any stretch  I've  had it working  on my lap top,

Seems like I'm not the only one having problems

http://androidforums.com/threads/4k-m8-ott-tv-box-help.905233/

4k M8 OTT TV box help!

Last Updated: 

Jan 23,2016

Hi all,

I've recently bought this new box and having nothing but problems with it. I'm quite new to this world to be fair and I have no real idea what I'm looking for. The box ix pretty basic so any tips you can give me on how I can get the best outta the box (apps, .apk files, etc...) will be very helpful. I've tried following the youtube vids but these are pretty dated and the links they recommend are pretty much all defunct now? 

Best Answer

Someone please explain more.

What do you want to do with it the box M8 is a good box

What do you want to do with it the box M8 is a good box
    I can't find any links that have smooth video in HD quality or any non pixilated links for football? Even on mash up? If you can recommend any apps/add ons that I can download that will help but I'm very new to all this and feel a bit in the woods

5.  Forgive my potential ignorance but how would I check if I'm using the Kodi Helix?

6.  You go to setting in the android box and scroll down to APPS and find XBMC or Kodi and click on it and see that the version it is you going to have to learn android a little better if you are going to get anything of of that box

7.  Thank you for your help. Albeit a tad condescending as I've already established that I'm new to this.

8.  What i mean is that before try to watch video or use xbmc or kodi you need to learn your why around the system first here is a good place to start :http://www.wikihow.com/Use-an-Android-Tablet

smoggy333 likes this.
  9.  Hi 
    I have just collected my new 4k ott TV box fully loaded I go on to kodi, then on to genesis click what ever it want to watch comes up with all the streaming links click and it comes up with one or more items failed to play check the log file for details it happens on everything any ideas??

jim byrd likes this.
  10.  I also have this problem. What do you do?!

MnI

I also have this problem. What do you do?!
    Also getting error and log message. Coming to conclusion that my ISP -BT fibre- is blocking data the access to media as it may be deemed illegal by them, same message happened with fire stick, which is why I got the M8.
    Any comments on this conclusion.

12. Best Answer

Someone please explain more.

13.  Hey Guys as someone who has been installing xbmc/kodi for a long time the error you guys are getting is with the addon itself. The error isn't you isp blocking your content it has to do with the addon. I Assume you are using genesis. Genesis will no longer be updated as the addon dev has stopped maintnence on it. I suggest switching to SALTS or Mutts Nuts etc.

14.  Help i have just put my box back to factory settings now get nothing please can someone tell me if there is anything i can do

Buntsy
    Can anybody help just bought ott tv box today and every time I press remote it scrambles the picture

• Hi I've added the build spinztv via ares and when scrolling through menus the box returns to home screen. Anyone got any ideas why this is happening please?

• I keep getting check log message but not sure how to check log,,,

• I have a Ott M8 tv box and it just stopped working I tried to do a master reset and now I just get the android Bot like it is working but it never stops. I have tried to unplug and replug but it continues to do the same thing. Can I put something to stop it on an sd card or thumb drive?

•  

Well I've  just about given up my motivation has completely gone. Maybe it'll  come back in a few days.

Found this

First-place Leicester host Liverpool this Tuesday, February 2nd. The match kicks off at 2:30PM/1:30C/11:30P on NBC Universo

NBC Deportes presents three Week 24 Liga Premier games: Leicester vs. Liverpool, airing on NBC Universo, and two other matches available exclusively on NBCDeportes.com digital platforms.  Broadcast times are the following: 

Tuesday, February 2:

Leicester (47 pts.) vs. Liverpool (34 pts.), 2:30PM/1:30C/11:30P on NBC Universo, with play-by-play narration in the familiar voice of Sammy Sadovnik and commentary by Carlos Hermosillo.  As the surprise leader in the standings, Leicester is eager to secure its place at the top and score its first win over Liverpool since joining the Premier League in 2014. The Reds, responsible for one of only two losses suffered by Leicester this season, are especially determined to continue their rise in the league charts after a hard-fought 5-4 win over Norwich City their last time out. 

Arsenal (44) vs. Southampton (33), 2:40PM/1:40C/11:40P, exclusively on NBC Deportes EN VIVO EXTRA. After losing the top spot to Leicester last week, the Gunners hope the home field advantage will allow them to regain lost ground in the latest standings. But Southampton is also motivated to nab the three points at stake in Tuesday’s game, which would bring it closer to qualifying for the five spots available in next season’s European cups. 

I think you ought to send your box back and get a different one. It shouldn't be that hard.

It's  difficult as it just seems like it's  only kodi not working. 

I tried ip dating the software to 15.2 and even that failed. I started an online chat on the kodi site where I got the link from and twice the advisor disappeared  after I explained that the upgrade said there was a conflict. 

I'll  look at sending it back.

I got mine the other day, picked it up from home yesterday and had a play with it.

Everything seems to be working fine, had to do a crazy amount of updates though.

There's a new addon called Castaway that is very similar to sportsdevil. Not many of the links work atm but I guess it will improve.

Actually it works better on my desk top than on my AFTV.

Edited by Webbo