Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vossen

Kodi. Set ups,boxes and add ons.

How many repo's have people got need? I've just looked in settings and have loads, I also have loads of apps most of which don't work, if I delete all the ones I don't think I'll need is there any chance I will do any damage? Like wrecking showbox or something.

Edited by Vlad the Fox

Can somebody PM me the details for this Stealth add on for £7 a month. Trying to find it, but want to make sure I get the right one.

I would also like someone to dm me the details about this please... Help your fellow foxes out please lol

My Dm's are going crazy.... Thanks guys

Edited by LCFC FOX

I'm still wavering about buying one of these boxes. I have it on the tablet and sometimes it works, sometimes not. And the "channel" where I was finding them vanished. All in all it is a bit of a faff. I saw a box advertised on facebook for about £90 which appears to make everything easier to find which I might take a look at.

Just wondering where this will all end though. From what I have read there are certainly legal issues over watching something for free that you "should" be paying for. Presumably Sky et al are not going to just let this run for ever. And whilst I do not expect the police to kick my door down for watching a PL match on a KODI box I do wonder about the long term implications for the industry.

If these boxes are as good as they are cracked up to be, then surely that has to make a dent in the number of "genuine" Sky customers. Whilst I am not going to shed a tear if they lose money, there has to be a knock on effect in terms of the PL contract etc.

I'm not saying "right" or "wrong", just interested in the debate to be honest!

The app on your tablet is the same app in these boxes. It won't miraculously work just because you have a box. I've got one to save me karting a laptop around the house.

Yes, but the seller (in this case) will pre-load all the stuff on and there is a "wizard" that will keep it up to date (or so they say).

http://www.android-tvboxes.co.uk

is the seller in question.

Edited by stripeyfox

I'm still wavering about buying one of these boxes. I have it on the tablet and sometimes it works, sometimes not. And the "channel" where I was finding them vanished. All in all it is a bit of a faff. I saw a box advertised on facebook for about £90 which appears to make everything easier to find which I might take a look at.

Just wondering where this will all end though. From what I have read there are certainly legal issues over watching something for free that you "should" be paying for. Presumably Sky et al are not going to just let this run for ever. And whilst I do not expect the police to kick my door down for watching a PL match on a KODI box I do wonder about the long term implications for the industry.

If these boxes are as good as they are cracked up to be, then surely that has to make a dent in the number of "genuine" Sky customers. Whilst I am not going to shed a tear if they lose money, there has to be a knock on effect in terms of the PL contract etc.

Personally i think it's companies like sky who are behind it all and it'll be the way we watch tv in the future, except they'll make money from it. Their philosophy relies on expanding year on year and there's a point when they won't be able to attract many more customers, so the only way they'll be able to make more money is to raise their prices, which won't go on forever because viewers are not forced to carry on paying for sky. But Streaming tv allows them to re-sell their product again, much like records, tapes, cd's and now streamed. Once enough people get hooked on the amount of stuff they can watch for free, i think charges may start coming into it. I also think that there's a bit of an age divide in it , the older people will carry on with sky because its easy to press 401 and get sky sports and record coronation street, but because kodi etc is a bit nerdy and pc savvy and free, younger people will get sucked into paying for it.  

The £90 box won't do anything different from a £30 box. The remote control might be better, it might load 2 seconds faster(although I doubt it) but all the add ons will be the same and most of the addons update automatically. Most boxes have Kodi preloaded, just watch a few youtube videos and read seo michael and you'll know all you need to know.

The £90 box won't do anything different from a £30 box. The remote control might be better, it might load 2 seconds faster(although I doubt it) but all the add ons will be the same and most of the addons update automatically. Most boxes have Kodi preloaded, just watch a few youtube videos and read seo michael and you'll know all you need to know.

To be fair Webbo I do think it makes a difference how fast your box runs, my original box is utter guff now, so slow.

If you can get a box that runs with say 2Gb of ramor more it should be decent and reliable.

I wouldn't lose any sleep if sky pulled out of the premier league.

The debate is very similar to the movie and music one. It happens in every generation in some form or another. It wasn't that may years ago cassettes were deemed 'the death of music' and VHS tapes deemed 'the death of cinema'. Then more recently it was CD writers and DVD writers were the death of the industry, now it's the internet. You may have noticed that the companies behind music and film are making more money than they ever did though.

It just makes me laugh that you get film companies trying to tell everybody that the internet is killing their revenue, and then you see films like star wars releasing and grossing astronomical amounts of money. Popular recording artists are still making more money than they have ever made, revenue hasn't dropped in the slightest, it's all just scare-mongering so that the rich can be made even richer and they can milk every single penny out of the market that they possibly can.

If they don't want people using programs like Kodi and internet streams, they need to offer a cost effective alternative

Edited by MrSpaM

The debate is very similar to the movie and music one. It happens in every generation in some form or another. It wasn't that may years ago cassettes were deemed 'the death of music' and VHS tapes deemed 'the death of cinema'. Then more recently it was CD writers and DVD writers were the death of the industry, now it's the internet. You may have noticed that the companies behind music and film are making more money than they ever did though.

It just makes me laugh that you get film companies trying to tell everybody that the internet is killing their revenue, and then you see films like star wars releasing and grossing astronomical amounts of money. Popular recording artists are still making more money than they have ever made, revenue hasn't dropped in the slightest, it's all just scare-mongering so that the rich can be made even richer and they can milk every single penny out of the market that they possibly can.

If they don't want people using programs like Kodi and internet streams, they need to offer a cost effective alternative

More cost effective than free?