Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Rocket League

Downloaded it. Here's a prior warning:

There's a reason the game is free. It's not great but it's decent for a game that's free.

I disagree, it's a fantastic game! No match is the same and if you play it with friends it can be a good laugh

Edit: it's only free until the end of July, the it goes to full price

There's a reason the game is free. It's not great but it's decent for a game that's free.

Well I'd advise all other users to completely ignore your warning.

It's got a 85 critic and 91 user score on metacritic for a reason.

The game is fantastic, it seems really simple at first but once you come up against a well coordinated and good couple of players you'll start trying out some crazy stuff yourself.

I expect this to be a big e-sport over the coming months,

Makes me laugh thinking how boring FIFA is in comparison.

If I were to issue a warning it'd be you might actually have some fun playing this. Playing AAA games these days it's quite hard to remember what fun is.

Well I'd advise all other users to completely ignore your warning.

It's got a 85 critic and 91 user score on metacritic for a reason.

The game is fantastic, it seems really simple at first but once you come up against a well coordinated and good couple of players you'll start trying out some crazy stuff yourself.

I expect this to be a big e-sport over the coming months,

Makes me laugh thinking how boring FIFA is in comparison.

If I were to issue a warning it'd be you might actually have some fun playing this. Playing AAA games these days it's quite hard to remember what fun is.

lol. Really?

Everyone has their opinion. And a game isn't just good because a metacritic rating says it is. lol

I'm not saying rocket league is bad, its not. It's just frankly boring if you want to play it for longer than five hours. There's a reason it's free on PlayStation store. People don't just play AAA games. I certainly don't but there's several other indie games that cost but are better.

I paid £15 to buy it on steam and it's worth every penny. The game is a lot of fun with updates coming on top of that.

lol. Really?

Everyone has their opinion. And a game isn't just good because a metacritic rating says it is. lol

I'm not saying rocket league is bad, its not. It's just frankly boring if you want to play it for longer than five hours. There's a reason it's free on PlayStation store. People don't just play AAA games. I certainly don't but there's several other indie games that cost but are better.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion. But warning people it's free for a reason? That's just a frankly stupid statement. There are 6 games free every month. Rayman Legends, Assassins Creed 4, Ground Zeroes etc etc, the list of big and well received games that have been free on either PS+ or games with gold is practically endless.

There are constantly over 100,000 concurrent users playing. The game has largely been very well received and while if you don't like it, fine, but statements like 'it's free for a reason' are just barmy.

Took me 82km to get the 500km trophy and now I've got the platinum  :)

Did you play online, or is that all on seasons?

I was told online play didn't add to distance driven, but will be fixed in the patch. I'm staying away until it is sorted. 

spent an hour on it the other night. You can score right off the bat against AI in the league all the time by boosting to the ball and letting off the accellerator at the last second. played 5 games in the league and lost only 1 so far by a late goal with 40 odd seconds left.

Like others have said though, I can see why it can be addictive. Bet it's stressful against other players though!!!! just need to drag myself away from BF4 as i'm almost at rank 100 colnel (currently rank 99 and halfway filled with the points bar)

Did you play online, or is that all on seasons?

I was told online play didn't add to distance driven, but will be fixed in the patch. I'm staying away until it is sorted. 

I played on the offline modes, mainly exhibition.

Play ranked matches. Tends to be a lot more stable. People rarely quit.

pffft

Pretty much the opposite advice I'd give if you want to avoid quitters, someone always leaves pretty much every rankd match I play if they go down by two goals. And at least if someone bails in a player match an AI takes over. I prefer playing ranked matches (when on my own at least as stupidly you can't party up) as there is more a stake  but it's rife with quitters. lol

pffft

Pretty much the opposite advice I'd give if you want to avoid quitters, someone always leaves pretty much every rankd match I play if they go down by two goals. And at least if someone bails in a player match an AI takes over. I prefer playing ranked matches (when on my own at least as stupidly you can't party up) as there is more a stake  but it's rife with quitters. lol

I play pretty much only in parties, just press square on the main menu,

Archived