Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ramboacdc

Prison architect.

It's an excellent game, the only downside I've found is you cant stop more prisoners arriving every single day! I end up most the time just building endless amounts of cells for the 50+ prisoners that are turning up the next day lol

It's an excellent game, the only downside I've found is you cant stop more prisoners arriving every single day! I end up most the time just building endless amounts of cells for the 50+ prisoners that are turning up the next day lol

I thought you could tick something which stopped the next days arrivals?

you can turn them off...on the intake tab....

• 3 months later...

Just bought this in the Steam sale and will be playing this week. Any top tips? I know it's been in Alpha for ages but from what I've read it's pretty much a complete game at this point.

Gimme the rundown.

the story mode should give you the basics you need from there. follow that until the end then i should be able to help you. 

the story mode should give you the basics you need from there. follow that until the end then i should be able to help you. 

Cool, is story mode not the main mode then? How does it work in that sense? Just story mode and sandbox?

Cool, is story mode not the main mode then? How does it work in that sense? Just story mode and sandbox?

story mode seems to be more like an extended tutorial. you can stay in it as long as you want befoer moving on, when you complete it (if memory serves its around 6 missons) you go into a sandbox mode with looser objectives. works well but could do with a longer story mode. 

story mode seems to be more like an extended tutorial. you can stay in it as long as you want befoer moving on, when you complete it (if memory serves its around 6 missons) you go into a sandbox mode with looser objectives. works well but could do with a longer story mode. 

Kind of like Theme Hospital without the length? Makes sense anyway, I don't have anything against these type of games being sandbox.

Bought this yesterday, only had an hour or so before had to go to work but I enjoyed it. Hopefully get a few more hours out of it today :)

It's a great game. I like designing a kind of relatively humane, small scale prison. There is a huge amount of complexity in the game, particularly with larger facilities.

Started the tutorial(/story mode?) Assume it's one and the same. Really good first impression, it's got that classic Theme Hospital/RCT feel which is great. I've covered canteens/kitchens/water/electric/laundry/the fire bit.

Not sure how necessary the story bit is but it's not too much of a distraction. Looking forward to getting in some more hours this week.

• 3 months later...

Fired this up again yesterday after being inspired by my son playing The Escapist.

Been a lot of updates it seems. Have just been playing around in "unlimited funds" mode while I work out how the hell it all works.

I'm fine at building and running a small prison but I seem to lose it a bit when I try to expand.

There is certainly a lot to consider with this game!

• 2 months later...

This is coming out on consoles on the 28th June

Great game if you just want a time sink, been up til 2am playing this for way too many nights recently

I went through that phase lol I'm happy with it on PC though don't see how you can be as specific on console - unless it has any extra features?

Archived