Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

35 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

It's all pretty clear to me. Folks can moan about players being overpaid, not arsed etc till the cows come home, but they're still going to respond when supporters give it their all.

Think about it. We're all stoney silenced, moaning at misplaced passes and booing substitutions or when we're one down at half time or whatever. They're gonna think 'so fvcking what, I'm still away to my mansion in my sports car to plough my supermodel missus after the game.'

But if we're giving it our all every game, regardless of how they're doing, they're gonna think 'fvck me, better up my game here - these are fans worth playing for'. Be supporters worth fighting for and they'll respond in kind.

So many took delight in claiming credit for getting us over the line and sucking goals into the net last season and during the Great Escape - time to truly earn that reputation. 

****ING A

Guest CityFan 06
1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

It's all pretty clear to me. Folks can moan about players being overpaid, not arsed etc till the cows come home, but they're still going to respond when supporters give it their all.

Think about it. We're all stoney silenced, moaning at misplaced passes and booing substitutions or when we're one down at half time or whatever. They're gonna think 'so fvcking what, I'm still away to my mansion in my sports car to plough my supermodel missus after the game.'

But if we're giving it our all every game, regardless of how they're doing, they're gonna think 'fvck me, better up my game here - these are fans worth playing for'. Be supporters worth fighting for and they'll respond in kind.

So many took delight in claiming credit for getting us over the line and sucking goals into the net last season and during the Great Escape - time to truly earn that reputation. 

Fantastic post, spot on. Particularly the bold part.

4 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Av some of this

up the City

• Like 1

Leicester City goalkeeper Ron-Robert Zieler says the atmosphere at the Premier League champions is slowly starting to change as they continue to struggle for form this season.

The Foxes host West Ham United on Saturday with just three points separating them from the relegation zone, and

Zieler admits the reality of their shock Premier League title being a thing of the past is starting to set in.

“The atmosphere is slowly starting to change,” he told Germany’s Bild newspaper.

“You can start to see the fans are unhappy, and it is understandable too.

“Winning the title was a fairytale and now we need to get out of this relegation battle fast.

“Nobody could have expected that we would win the title again, but nobody expected this situation either and it is not satisfactory and it is extremely annoying.

“We reached the knockout stages of the Champions League as group winners, but we’re playing way below our capabilities in the league.”

Zieler joined the Foxes in the summer after being relegated from the Bundesliga with Hannover – a fate he is desperate to avoid repeating – and says he does not regret making the move for a minute, even if he would like to be playing more regularly.

“It is a step which has taken me forward as a person,” added Zieler, who has lost his place to Kasper Schmeichel following the Dane’s return from injury.

“I am ambitious and of course I want to be playing.

“I have performed well throughout my career so this is a new situation for me, but I am happy that I have at least played in half of our matches.

“It must not happen that I am relegated again.”

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/the-atmosphere-is-changing-at-leicester-says-zieler

1 hour ago, Ted Maul said:

Good, Zieler has come out and said exactly the type of thing I want to hear. Hopefully it's hitting home to the squad that we need to turn it around ASAP. I don't want to hear them keep coming out with stuff like 'we're not even thinking about relegation'- well you should be, as that's the way it's heading at the minute.

Tomorrow is must-win, let's get behind them from the first whistle and hopefully see a response.

Up the City.

Agreed, I'd rather he said it like it as than the usual "we've got the best fans in the league" type stuff most players trot out week after week. 

• Like 2

On 28/12/2016 at 10:30, Fox92 said:

Where's that quote from ? He's got a nerve after his pathetic performances this season.

lol

As if he's not absolutely right....

The players generate an atmosphere by playing well. Dull performances lead to dull atmospheres. It happens at every club, every week.

On 28/12/2016 at 16:35, Voll Blau said:

Talk is cheap.

Fans like to play the "we're the 12th man" card but the reality is that the players gets the fans going. When the players play well and work their arses off for the cause then the fans react.

Fans keep momentum up in either direction. If the team is doing well then fans get behind them, if they're not then their groans and moans keep them down. The only thing the players can do is work harder.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

lol

As if he's not absolutely right....

The players generate an atmosphere by playing well. Dull performances lead to dull atmospheres. It happens at every club, every week.

I know that's what I meant...

Find it just great that he criticises the fans after his performances this season.

Why do people pay good money knowing there's a 50% chance they're going to be miserable. I don't get it.

I honestly don't want to go tomorrow, not because we're crap but it pains me to be surrounded by the cast of Dawn of the Dead. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Find it just great that he criticises the fans after his performances this season.

I think you're being overly sensitive on behalf of our snowflake fans. I don't think it is criticism at all, more an acknowledgement of the team failing.

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I didn't read it as him criticising the fans.

It's up to the players to generate an atmosphere. They've not nearly been exciting enough.

4 minutes ago, The soup nazi said:

Why do people pay good money knowing there's a 50% chance they're going to be miserable. I don't get it.

I honestly don't want to go tomorrow, not because we're crap but it pains me to be surrounded by the cast of Dawn of the Dead. 

lol I know what you mean.

Sick of the fans being in this miserable depression at the moment. I'm at the stage where I want City to win to cheer everyone up rather than the 3 points.

6 minutes ago, The soup nazi said:

Don't go then. Nobody forces you into the ground. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, The soup nazi said:

If that was aimed at me then I'll enlighten you. I go home and away as I always have done - I know we'll win, lose or draw - and I've watched some great performances and some poor performances over my time. 

I'm never "miserable" in the ground, man I love going every week, but our performances this season seems to have sapped any enthusiasm out of me. 1 win in 9, and you think people shouldn't be miserable? I'll criticise what I see in the ground, I'll admit I'm worse on here, but I'll always support and sing too.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

lol I know what you mean.

Sick of the fans being in this miserable depression at the moment. I'm at the stage where I want City to win to cheer everyone up rather than the 3 points.

1 win in 9 and a season of pathetic performances is why we're miserable. But to some because we're current Champions we should be happy regardless. Don't go if you're bothered about other people that much.

edit: We must be on the same thought of lines here because your post above I've just + you for I totally agree with. I wasn't disagreeing with the "players get the fans up" point because I agree with you.

Edited by Fox92

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Agreed, I'd rather he said it like it as than the usual "we've got the best fans in the league" type stuff most players trot out week after week. 

Remember when Wayne Brown got absolute pelters on here when he said the atmosphere against Cov was crap for a derby?

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

1 win in 9 and a season of pathetic performances is why we're miserable. But to some because we're current Champions we should be happy regardless. Don't go if you're bothered about other people that much.

It does bother me that people treat the same players that brought us our best ever season with absolute contempt.

Some of the abuse that gets lobbed at the best players we've ever had is atrocious. Wouldn't be surprised if players like Mahrez stick their fingers up and do one to be honest.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

It does bother me that people treat the same players that brought us our best ever season with absolute contempt.

Some of the abuse that gets lobbed at the best players we've ever had is atrocious. Wouldn't be surprised if players like Mahrez stick their fingers up and do one to be honest.

Regardless of ability players have to perform. I don't mind losing as long as players put in 100%. A lot of performances this season have been a disgrace - most of the away games have been.