Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

31 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Thank god it wasn't just me, was completely shocked at the lack of any chanting. Admittedly this was the first European away day I have had the chance to do this season and was expecting at least something from us, look across the away end and there was barely any effort to make any noise, everyone just seemed tired

... or had the life beaten out of them :unsure:

• Like 1

I was in the opposite end of the ground and didn't hear anything, not one single chant the whole game. Was hoping the benefit of being in the home end would be that I could at least see our whole end singing together, but it wasn't to be.

2 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

It'd be nice if 'When you're smiling' was played before the game instead of Hey Jude. I understand that people go to the game with different intentions, some go and want to play an active part in the atmosphere, whilst some go just for the purpose of watching the game, which is fine. The issue is that there's often conflict between people wanting to stand, sing, wave flags etc. and people just wanting to go and watch the game. I think if we had a dedicated section such as SK1 where people know that this is the singing section and if you simply just want to watch the game, then you can arrange to switch places with those that want to be involved in creating an atmosphere, that would be best. 

Hate, Hey Jude. It's got nothing to do with us (didn't Martin Allen come up with this one), and is a dirge. Slow nah nahhing does not stir the spirit.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Old Fox said:

Mercury and social media should be encouraging the ground to be full early to make the atmosphere as loud and as intimidating as possible.

The lads will 100% need us on Tuesday for clubs biggest game in its history....

Nervous but can't wait ....COYB

Even though I'm not going to be there I completely agree. They should actively encourage people to get the atmosphere started during the warm up! 

You see fans at this stage of the competition welcoming the players to the ground etc so 20 minutes before the match is hardly going to hurt the majority of fans 

Edited by lee7

Guest CityFan 06

Should definitely start singing in the warm up when the teams are out. I recall The North Stand got a song going in one of our home group games, that was during the warm up I think.

On 4/16/2017 at 14:18, lcfcben76 said:

Anyone else think our away atmosphere in Madrid was awful btw?

Absolutely atrocious. Our ends are so bad nowadays I'm completely losing interest in aways. I'm convinced no other club in the country would turn out such a mute away end for such a big game.

I expect the home leg to be even better than Sevilla though.

10 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Absolutely atrocious. Our ends are so bad nowadays I'm completely losing interest in aways. I'm convinced no other club in the country would turn out such a mute away end for such a big game.

What has caused this?  I went to Copenhagen and that's the worst away end I've ever been in for atmosphere, diabolical.

We've never been the best for many reasons but even in the doldrums of the Levein years we could at least reliably make some noise at away games even if going behind would normally kill the atmosphere along with any hope of getting anything out of the game.

12 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Have to agree, can't put a finger on what is wrong and why we can't create an atmosphere at times. Around me I've got to say there was quite a few people sitting down and this was near the top. No one just seemed up for it

19 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Wasn't there admittedly but always found this a weak excuse. There are plenty of open stadia which host great atmospheres across Europe week in, week out.

The home end itself for example. Heard them all game. Probably the best home support I've been away to.

17 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

The home end itself for example. Heard them all game. Probably the best home support I've been away to.

Quite. The Atletico fans proved that the lack of a roof is not a good excuse for making no noise. Our end was awful because too many people chose not to sing.

41 minutes ago, billyn88 said:

What has caused this?  I went to Copenhagen and that's the worst away end I've ever been in for atmosphere, diabolical.

We've never been the best for many reasons but even in the doldrums of the Levein years we could at least reliably make some noise at away games even if going behind would normally kill the atmosphere along with any hope of getting anything out of the game.

40 minutes ago, lcfcben76 said:

Have to agree, can't put a finger on what is wrong and why we can't create an atmosphere at times. Around me I've got to say there was quite a few people sitting down and this was near the top. No one just seemed up for it

Part of me wonders if people are so accustomed to using clappers now at home that it affects our away support. I'm not defending it at all as our ends are abysmal but just wondering if there is any actual reason for it. I just cannot get my head around how we can have such a poor end in such a game.

Brugge was one of the best away ends I've ever been in and it really built my hopes up for the rest, but to be honest the others have all ranged from poor to awful.

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Part of me wonders if people are so accustomed to using clappers now at home that it affects our away support. I'm not defending it at all as our ends are abysmal but just wondering if there is any actual reason for it. I just cannot get my head around how we can have such a poor end in such a game.

Brugge was one of the best away ends I've ever been in and it really built my hopes up for the rest, but to be honest the others have all ranged from poor to awful.

Underneath in Sevilla was ok , especially second half. 

i wondered if the reserved seating in Madrid was responsible for a bad end but Copenhagen wasn't up to much and that was go where you want. 

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Again this is no excuse, but most people have been on the lash for at least 24 hours on these European adventures and have nothing left by the time they reach the stadium. The over 50s (I am one) seem to make up a chunk of the gathering, and making a noise doesn't seem to be that important to that group (Generalisation).

3 minutes ago, baker11 said:

The demographic of our away ends looks to affect it. Saying that there are far too many who just will not sing or only sing two songs - everywhere we go and champions of England.

Purple- the championship winning year had some very good away ends.

I understand it had some decent ones, but that's one season so it's not like this is a new problem, I just think we don't have a particularly passionate (in that way) fan base compared to some, but overall we're very much the same as most.

6 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Hasn't it always been like that though?, even back in the day we weren't that great.  Pretty much like most away ends tbh.  There's a select few clubs who have fans who have great away ends, but that's it.

Not always. I've not got some rose tinted specs on that we used to be like Leeds or Sheff Weds but we were comfortably better than this.

Our away support has nosedived since we've been promoted.