Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

It's fairly easy to put your finger on it when you think. 

The 1,400 at Brugge was your utter hardcore. A good half of that was ready for the sing song and others joined in. 

Some of the folk going are just those who've had their season ticket used by someone else. The reason they don't go domestics is because of their age most likely, so they lend it out. Now they have no appetite to sing or anything. 

In Madrid, our away end looked a mix of the normal faces trying to make a noise, people genuinely shaken by events of the day and people who so pished their hangover was coming. 

Anyway we've got put that behind us and get the stadium rocking. We've got a shot at being in the top four of Europe, don't leave anything behind 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It's fairly easy to put your finger on it when you think. 

The 1,400 at Brugge was your utter hardcore. A good half of that was ready for the sing song and others joined in. 

Some of the folk going are just those who've had their season ticket used by someone else. The reason they don't go domestics is because of their age most likely, so they lend it out. Now they have no appetite to sing or anything. 

In Madrid, our away end looked a mix of the normal faces trying to make a noise, people genuinely shaken by events of the day and people who so pished their hangover was coming. 

Anyway we've got put that behind us and get the stadium rocking. We've got a shot at being in the top four of Europe, don't leave anything behind 

Had we been winning 3-0 last Wednesday, suspect it would have been a decent end!  (Assuming anyone was left that hadn't been beaten to a pulp) 

3 minutes ago, Wookie said:

The club want gentrified, family friendly support because they buy all of the merchandise and food. Still no excuse for our abysmal ends but I can't see our away support improving.

I have no problem with that to an extend, but I'd rather they not subject everyone to it. For instance, I'd be fine if they had the clappers just in the family stand because that's a section of the ground where there's not likely to be as much of an atmosphere. My issue is that we have a fan group in Union FS who want to create a genuine atmosphere and they get frozen out by the club. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Part of me wonders if people are so accustomed to using clappers now at home that it affects our away support. I'm not defending it at all as our ends are abysmal but just wondering if there is any actual reason for it. I just cannot get my head around how we can have such a poor end in such a game.

Brugge was one of the best away ends I've ever been in and it really built my hopes up for the rest, but to be honest the others have all ranged from poor to awful.

If I remember rightly, we had clappers away at Brugge, maybe that's why.

I was in the away end too and have to agree that very few songs got going and definitely no chant was sustained for more than a min. I think it was a combination of many of the points raised on here the police beatings, the kettling into the ground, the hangovers, allocated seating, drained through nervousness and anticipation of the game.....who knows but it did feel strange. AM fans i thought were brilliant on the night. Seville at home was probably one of, if not the best atmosphere I have ever experienced at the KP or filbo that I could remember. That is the bar we have set. We need the same again and we have a great chance of not only drowning the away support but firing up our players to victory.

Guest claude_leic

Our away ends have always been pretty shite from my memory (remember the days of 3/4 of the away end sitting down?). No doubt they have got a bit worse recently though. Bruges was amazing, Seville was good (lower tier), Copenhagen and Madrid were shite. 

Having been to Everton, Atletico and Palace away recently, it's alarming how few songs we have at the moment. I think one of the reasons it kicked off on Wednesday in the square, was because there was no unifying song for everyone to get behind so some people just got bored and started throwing stuff. Since sacking Ranieri we have lost 3 of our songs (none classics admittedly): he came from italy, he's taking us to Europe and we're on our way. 

We drastically need to improve our songbook, and i know people like UFS are trying, to improve our support. 

Guest CityFan 06

Not known a Filbert Way crowd like that second half last night. The whole ground was urging the players forward every time we had possession. 

4 hours ago, CityFan 06 said:

Not known a Filbert Way crowd like that second half last night. The whole ground was urging the players forward every time we had possession. 

Was class second half. First half was a bit meh after a good initial 5, even before their goal.

On 4/17/2017 at 19:51, Spudulike said:

I've given up on being an awayer as I don't have anywhere near enough priority points. Perhaps that's part of the problem, no new blood :unsure:

* not that I would be 'new blood' being a veteran of the Filbo Pens.

I've given up because it's absolutely crap now.

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

Nothing, but whats wrong with a few thousand clapping their hands and the rest clapping their clappers. 

Issue starts when people don't use their hands- it does sound awful when it's a group just using the clappers and nothing supporting it.

• 2 months later...

An interesting article (from the Mirror :rolleyes:) about Upton Park (and I can never recall anyone calling it the Boleyn Ground either until recent times). This is the line that caught my attention...

" A challenge exists to generate the best of the old-school atmosphere inside new stadia, a challenge which Leicester City have risen to, like few other clubs."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/farewell-west-hams-upton-park-7933303

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...