Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

4 hours ago, CityFan 06 said:

Got my hopes up there would be no clappers. Still got goal music as well. Can't help but keep coming back to thinking how poor a fan base + mentality we have become. Add the poznan in there too. 

We won the league with clappers and goal music. Was it an issue then?

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Atmosphere yesterday was awful. Surely the clappers have to go now.

No issue with Knockaert getting a good reception although find it a bit bizarre how he gets more support than our own team.

Considering how popular he was here and how flat the game was. Why were you surprised ? The game was over by the time he came on. 

6 minutes ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

Considering how popular he was here and how flat the game was. Why were you surprised ? The game was over by the time he came on. 

He shouldn't get a better reception than our own team. I don't think he quite got that but his chant did go on uncomfortably long. A clap would have done

3 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Atmosphere was very flat but as has already been mentioned, this was mostly due to the dullness on the pitch.

I thought the singing for Knockaert was embarrassing, personally. His song was the loudest of the whole game.

The E word has appeared - it's now a serious thread...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

Knockaret came and clapped us first before he went over to their fans. The guy clearly still loves us and vice visera. Thought UFS again were embarrassing with their better then you attuide. When Knockaret came on 99% of the stadium were singing " don't sell knockaret" yet they took it upon themselves to start chanting the mahrez song over it. The same mahrez who openly wants to leave aswell ... yeah good one lads :rolleyes:

1. We actually did sell Knockaert. His song makes no ****ing sense.

2. How does singing about Mahrez make them 'better than you'?

3. Who the fvck is Knockaret?

2 hours ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

Thought UFS again were embarrassing with their better then you attuide. When Knockaret came on 99% of the stadium were singing " don't sell knockaret" yet they took it upon themselves to start chanting the mahrez song over it. The same mahrez who openly wants to leave aswell ... yeah good one lads :rolleyes:

I'm not the only one that notices this then?

It's been going on for a few seasons, ever since they've had their own song book, you hear chants start sk4 end and they work across the kop until it reaches their little group where it clashes with them and dies out, we should all unite and sing as one not compete with each other.

The kop happily sings their chants when they spread across so why can't they join in with others? Rewatch the Everton game in full from 2016, from 5 minutes in for about the entire game you hear 'Leicester boys are we' while other songs reverberate around the ground. 

Edited by promised land
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

Given some of our fans reportedly booed Mahrez when his name was read out again, for wanting to leave (which Knockaert has done) I find it a bit odd.

I like Knockaert but still find it a bit bizarre considering how flat the crowd was for the game.

7 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

1. We actually did sell Knockaert. His song makes no ****ing sense.

2. How does singing about Mahrez make them 'better than you'?

3. Who the fvck is Knockaret?

Technically we never sold him as he was released.  lol

• Like 3

Yes but you're not aloud to say anything bad about UFS because before them we didn't have a atmosphere :rolleyes: I honestly think sometimes they make the atmosphere in the kop worst. Anyone else singing anything else is frowned upon by them. They will never join in and resort to singing about Bertie Mee and Bill Shankly. Ive said it before and say it again. We don't need ultra groups in English football. Should have a singing and standing section yes but we don't need groups because it creates divide in the fan base. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't understand why not having clappers will improve the atmosphere? I suggest it doesn't fit in with UFS and their desperation to be seen as Ultras. I'm surprised you all don't turn up in black. The rest of the kop do a far better job at creating a noise. 

Edited by BigMicky

1 hour ago, promised land said:

I'm not the only one that notices this then?

It's been going on for a few seasons, ever since they've had their own song book, you hear chants start sk4 end and they work across the kop until it reaches their little group where it clashes with them and dies out, we should all unite and sing as one not compete with each other.

The kop happily sings their chants when they spread across so why can't they join in with others? Rewatch the Everton game in full from 2016, from 5 minutes in for about the entire game you hear 'Leicester boys are we' while other songs reverberate around the ground. 

I noticed it at one of the games last season, I can't remember which one exactly. But the club decided to do their own tifo or whatever they are called. But because this had stopped UFS doing there's they acted like petulant little kids who didn't get their own way and didn't join in. 

Also whats with the drummer up there wearing sunglasses when it's not even sunny? Must be an ultra thing.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I noticed it at one of the games last season, I can't remember which one exactly. But the club decided to do their own tifo or whatever they are called. But because this had stopped UFS doing there's they acted like petulant little kids who didn't get their own way and didn't join in. 

Also whats with the drummer up there wearing sunglasses when it's not even sunny? Must be an ultra thing.

Maybe he's blind? Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles always wore them.:thumbup:

I remember that tifo too.

From where I'm stood, SK1 always try and join in with songs starting from elsewhere. When that area's at it's loudest, it's difficult to hear any other parts of the ground. That's bound to be an issue when groups of singers are spread out across the back of a stand.

• Like 1