Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

29 minutes ago, Jackubu said:

I fail to see where they've called themselves Ultras at any point. 

Our atmosphere has been appalling ever since leaving Filbert Street and some people are hell bent on insulting some lads for trying and investing alot of their time. 

Sit in SK1 one myself and you don't hear much from other stands because the acoustics in our stadium are poor. This point stands for people sitting in L1 or SK4 not being able to hear the UFS guys. Suppose it's easier to jump to conclusions and bring down anyone making an effort. ?

Our home support hasn't been appalling at all for the last couple of years. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

I'm in SK2 the Knockaert song was still going when the Mahrez chant started, that's a fact

I'm in SK1, assuming we're playing a "I'm closer that you game". 

What youre saying isn't true from where I was standing. Suppose the noise around you is different and the issue could lie with the song dying off in your direction 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

If that's what people want to believe then they can but I really don't think during a live football game that people think like that 'I don't like that song, let's sing over it' 

At the end of the debate, if 30 folk in that corner singing 'Riyad Mahrez' could oversing a load of the stadium with 'don't sell knockaert' then there's a problem.

It must gave been some effort from the 30 to 50 in that corner to make it audible enough or who knows maybe others just joined in...enjoy their Saturday at the football, like what happens naturally in a football crowd week after week. Rather than being bothered about some kind of weird inner rivalry or what someone wears around his eyes. 

I'm not saying it was premeditated or anything but they did start the Mahrez song, at that exact moment

4 minutes ago, Jackubu said:

That's a complete lie Jimmy. 

The Mahrez chant started after the Knockaert celebrations concluded. Personally it's shambolic that you seem so offended because Leicester fans wanted to sing about a current Leicester player instead of a previous one. Jeez we're a weird bunch

Nah your wrong, it was still going. 

Just now, Jackubu said:

I'm in SK1, assuming we're playing a "I'm closer that you game". 

What youre saying isn't true from where I was standing. Suppose the noise around you is different and the issue could lie with the song dying off in your direction 

no it sounded like the Knockaert chant was just getting into full swing when I heard the Mahrez chant start, its not a major issue just pointing out what I heard

Just now, BigMicky said:

Nah your wrong, it was still going. 

Our atmosphere has been generally poor for the 15 years we've been here. Although improved in recent years I agree. 

From where I was in SK1 it's not the case. As I said, depends where you're stood 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

no it sounded like the Knockaert chant was just getting into full swing when I heard the Mahrez chant start, its not a major issue just pointing out what I heard

Matter of perspective from different locations but yeah small issue at best 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

I'm not saying it was premeditated or anything but they did start the Mahrez song, at that exact moment

Fair enough. As anyone considered it might have had something to do with what happened on the pitch? 

Maybe Mahrez was once again pulling the pants down of a Brighton player hence the change? 

• Like 1

The away fans and half the ground can't hear a thing from SK1. L block does not really exist anymore. We have no songs and half the fans leave before the final  whistle when we are 2-0 up. We still have those stupid clappers, crap flags and a few flames going up at the side of the pitch. Nice for those tourists that sit in the soft seats, most of which were empty on Saturday.

The reality is, this is the way it is now. The real shame of it is how many clubs are starting to use those bloody clappers. In most grounds, apart from the big games, there is no atmosphere. Our atmosphere, apart from the title winning season and a few European nights  has generally been crap.

But we won the league and I'm happy with that. Maguire is a good signing and the blue bit around the pitch is quite nice.

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

The E word has appeared - it's now a serious thread...

14 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I'm more worried about the C word :) time to walk away from this one it's too hot to handle :)

E=M

=

Image result for mc hammer gif

17 hours ago, Hugo Sanchez said:

Knockaret came and clapped us first before he went over to their fans. The guy clearly still loves us and vice visera. Thought UFS again were embarrassing with their better then you attuide. When Knockaret came on 99% of the stadium were singing " don't sell knockaret" yet they took it upon themselves to start chanting the mahrez song over it. The same mahrez who openly wants to leave aswell ... yeah good one lads :rolleyes:

Why am I not surprised at this lol

13 hours ago, Goober said:

you seriously believe this? I'm absolutely certain they'd be happy if non stop chants were started elsewhere in the kop. Fact is they're not. Some songs in SK1 take too long to die out sometimes i'd say, but apart from that they are, imo, the only lot who actually try and back the team for 90 minutes.

Last sentence is brilliant lol 

11 hours ago, Jimmy said:

As usual SK2 were late to pick up on what was going on. ;)

I stand between UFS and SK2 in the middle of SK1 and the Knocky chant had finished around me by the time Riyad had started. 

• Like 1

Still makes me laugh how some of our fans think we have one of the best atmospheres in the PL. In reality it's really quite poor. Especially away from home as well. Some people make a good point that knockeart reception was much louder than applause for our own team. State of some of our fans booing mahrez as well...

7 minutes ago, C-man said:

You genuinely believe the account of Hugo Sanchez? OK pal. lol Last year he had a pop for UFS singing 'Leicester till I die' when 4 or 5 down to Spurs because he felt victimised for walking out early.

Don't Sell Knockaert was sang by a lot of people in and around UFS (including me) but as with every other fvcking song in the stadium it takes a while to get from block to block. As for the Riyad song starting next, I'm not sure why that started but you'd have to be pretty paranoid to think it was some sort of dig at Knocky.

Thinking about it, it's laughable that some people want everyone to sing the same song at the same time but yet single out the (not-self-proclaimed) 'Ultras' who are trying to achieve just that, with the use of the drum or whatever. The same lads slated for 'acting Ultra/not traditional supporters' now being dug out in this thread for singing Bertie Mee.

Fair play if anyone dislikes UFS for whatever reason but make your mind up on why ffs lol 

Admire Union FS as a group and what they are trying to achieve. Good people involved. But for me it's the attitude of some members towards other fans that I don't like. You full well know that.