Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

I thought clapping Knockaert onto the pitch was sufficient enough. The singing of his old song, which was louder than most of what we sang for the whole 90 minutes, was a bit odd. Personally I didn't join in.

Union FS get some stick, some of which is warranted but I don't understand peoples issues with them starting a new chant, whether it overlapped the Knockaert one of not.

3 hours ago, LCFC FOX said:

Even if it did what's the problem? We're supporting Leicester not Brighton 

well given Mahrez was playing well for the first time in a year I thought choosing that moment to sign his song for the first time all game was a bit odd when everyone else was paying respect to a former player that played a massive role in getting us promoted.

I remember the entire stadium singing for Steve Claridge when he scored for Millwall against us so its not like we have never done it before

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

well given Mahrez was playing well for the first time in a year I thought choosing that moment to sign his song for the first time all game was a bit odd when everyone else was paying respect to a former player that played a massive role in getting us promoted.

I remember the entire stadium singing for Steve Claridge when he scored for Millwall against us so its not like we have never done it before

It was sung several times before that where I was...

51 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

I heard the Mahrez song a few times before Knockaert came on. 

Also I thought Marc Albrighton's name was being sung a lot more than usual. It was good to hear as I think a lot of our fans don't appreciate how important he is for us. 

Indeed. Also mixed in with a FVCK OFF BRIGHTON version which was enjoyable.

28 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Harry Maguire needs a decent chant, and not the islam slimani one.

Yeah, I agree with this. About five years ago every popular player got the 'du-du du-du...' chant, now it seems football fans as a whole have moved on to Seven Nation Army.

I know it's being used because it's not possible to invent something clever when you're at the game, but I do hope it doesn't stick and he gets a chant that's genuinely unique.

4 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

Yeah, I agree with this. About five years ago every popular player got the 'du-du du-du...' chant, now it seems football fans as a whole have moved on to Seven Nation Army.

I know it's being used because it's not possible to invent something clever when you're at the game, but I do hope it doesn't stick and he gets a chant that's genuinely unique.

Harry Maguire to the chorus of Fire by Kasabian?? Doesn't scan perfectly but could work.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Harry Maguire needs a decent chant, and not the islam slimani one.

This is probably terrible but here goes...

Oh Harry, doo do doo do doo

Oh Harry Harry, doo do doo do doo

You are majestical 

and Leicester is loving you...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmg5VUMcTn8

Harry Harry, our defender a-ha, Harry Harry, won't surrender
Harry Harry, our defender a-ha, Harry Harry, won't surrender
Oh Tottenham did enquire, about the man we call Maguire
But he knew who won the league, in Twenty Sixteeeeeeeen
Now he plays for City!
Harry Harry...

"i know you can thrill me ahh honey honey" And who's gonna sing that? Cos i'm not

What about.

And you can tell by the way he uses his legs and he's got a big head and you're gonna be dead

Ha Ha Ha Ha Harry maguire Harry Maguire

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, C-man said:

You genuinely believe the account of Hugo Sanchez? OK pal. lol Last year he had a pop for UFS singing 'Leicester till I die' when 4 or 5 down to Spurs because he felt victimised for walking out early.

Don't Sell Knockaert was sang by a lot of people in and around UFS (including me) but as with every other fvcking song in the stadium it takes a while to get from block to block. As for the Riyad song starting next, I'm not sure why that started but you'd have to be pretty paranoid to think it was some sort of dig at Knocky.

Thinking about it, it's laughable that some people want everyone to sing the same song at the same time but yet single out the (not-self-proclaimed) 'Ultras' who are trying to achieve just that, with the use of the drum or whatever. The same lads slated for 'acting Ultra/not traditional supporters' now being dug out in this thread for singing Bertie Mee.

Fair play if anyone dislikes UFS for whatever reason but make your mind up on why ffs lol 

Struggling to see why that'd offend an Arsenal fan mind.

10 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I agree there ain't much atmosphere at any ground. I laugh when I see fans of clubs trying to argue on the internet (I mean other fans in general on twitter etc) who has the better support, who takes more here and there, who has the better atmosphere.... I can't remember the last time I went to an away game and came out impressed with the home fans. Sky build up Stoke, Palace etc so much yet when I go it's exactly like how we feel about our own home games... quiet, lack of atmosphere etc. 

The atmosphere has been dire since the ground opened. There was a two or three year spell - when we first got clappers - when it was a better. Last season it seemed to revert back to how it was though. But I don't know how it can be improved. I don't like clappers either but if you take them away then the people that do bang them somewhere aren't going to get involved/make noise anymore, and as I've said before we've got this problem where small pockets (ie L1 and Union FS) sing different songs. I sit in the middle of SK2 and I have previously heard different songs at the same time. Even at away games I've heard a small group singing something different to another group. In an ideal world it'd be better to have all the small pockets together but then we go back to the whole "lets swap the Kop" thing.

I dunno about people leaving early, mind. I thought the Family Stand emptied quickly on Saturday but I dunno about the rest of the ground. (Probably because I'm facing that way I focus on that more). 

The ground in general is dull though. I was walking upto the ground Saturday knowing that the club would have taken the massive "Champions" banner down and I was hoping they'd stick Lineker back up (that was there previous with all the old players) but in reality knew I'd probably see King Power instead. When I got there I don't actually think they've put anything up lol ... Went to Arsenal last week - walking up to the ground and around the ground it's just covered in old players. All the way back from Brady through to Fabregas. Why can't we have that? We're not a massive club but we've got a good history - Lineker, Shilton, Revie, Banks in particular are well known names in football. We've won league titles, played in FA Cup finals, won a few league cups which nothing anywhere near the ground suggests.... I was looking around the top banner in the ground itself and just see more "King Power". Ergh. 

Take a bow!