Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

33 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

The club doesn't tell anyone where to sit apart from people in wheelchairs. The club cannot make people sing. It has to come from us. We are the ones slipping. If there was a real appetite for a singing section people could have quite easily changed where they sat. But there isn't, so they havent.

People love backseat driving on this kind of thing. Oh we need to do this, we have to do that, we should do this. Has anyone actually done anything about it? UFS have and they should be commended. Their work has been great. But they need much more help and it has to come from within.

Anyone who's expecting the club to wave a wand and turn our fans into Besiktas fans by rearranging some seats etc, well you're going to be very disappointed. Even if they wanted to, they couldnt.

I hate this expectancy culture as well. People saying that if they are to sing the players have to play well and give them what they want first. No. You sing first. You sing and make a noise whether we are decent or shite. You're a Leicester City supporter. Not a Leicester City When They're Playing Well supporter.

Also for what it's worth our fans are by far the harshest critics of our atmos home and away - it's nowhere near as bad as people make out a lot of the time.

I actually disagree. If they'd stayed in the seats they were in originally, we'd have a louder Kop, a louder L/K section, and wouldn't have a corner of loyal vocal fans wasting their passion when anybody more than a block away from them can't hear them at all.

Guest CityFan 06
19 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Why has L1 gone quiet? I didn't know they had as you can't really hear them in very well in SK1 anyway but I know they have been good through the years.

I'm puzzled aswell, also being in SK1. I genuinely don't hear songs from L block anymore. They used to get the place & the players going.

Strange how quiet the block is now. Could be the clappers I suppose. 

L1 was starting to quieten down midway last year.  There seems a shift in what was once a lively block.  The game against Chelsea for example you would not have known there was any "singing" element bar 1-2 occasions.  Good performances on the pitch tends to raise any crowd but L1 for example would be vocal regularly.  There also seems to be a real lack of imagination, so many sides come down with catchy songs about their team or players - we seem very limited in this area?  The clappers have now had their day (thankfully), maybe just a blip but needs livening up for sure.

Atmosphere hasn't been good for ages now. Mind you, I wasn't impressed with Chelsea other week - I've seen them produce better ends at our place.

Huddersfield's home atmosphere last week was the best I've witnessed in a long long time. They didn't shut up. Credit the club too for listening to their fan base - cutting away allocation and now have their singing section right next to us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EnglishOxide said:

Lack of a songbook is also a problem.

Agree.

Why can't we sing about old players? I know Roberts always gets sung (one of my favourites that) but what about Izzet, Lineker, Walsh, Claridge, Lennon etc? ... Manchester United still sing about Best, Keane, Cantona etc, Liverpool still do it with Dalglish, Gerrard etc, Chelsea with Lampard, Wise... you get my drift.

Now we've taken Champions of England away it seems we've nothing to sing about. Even WYS doesn't get sung by everyone - even at away games. For me it'd be great to sing old player names; they're still heroes at the club.  

• Like 2

Said it before and will say it again, the lack of atmosphere, being flat isn't unique to us.

The clubs has more families, middle class  followers, who can make a noise if things go well, but sit in silence as a rule.

The days of working class lads, going down the pens, after getting tanked up first, and being surrounded by a group of like minded fans, who want to sing their hearts out, are over.

The fans wanting an atmosphere are diluted by people sitting around them who don't.

Huddersfield away was a prime example, I decided to go late, and by the time I got my ticket, I was 9 rows from the front, most of whom where families, older fans and what looked like new fans.

I stand in l1 and like to sing, but the lack of others singing in the first 10 rows, I shut up, because I got sick of hearing my voice, and couldn't be bothered, as so many in front couldn't be bothered.

The only way to resolve it is to have a area for those like minded, but the club has no interest, as long as the kids are near the shop, or the stands are full, they couldn't careless if we sing.

The clappers are not supporting the atmosphere.

Edited by Monsell1976
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

If you think it's the club's job to sort this you're part of the problem. 

The club could assist.

I mentioned Huddersfield - their club knows what they want and that's every seat sold and a great atmosphere. The chairman's notes in last weeks programme were superb.

I'm under the impression their singing section asked the club to consider chopping allocation so they could stand/sit next to the away end and sing all game, which the club agreed. It works. As I said, their atmosphere was the best home atmosphere I've seen since we got promoted.

Edited by Fox92

57 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

The club could assist.

I mentioned Huddersfield - their club knows what they want and that's every seat sold and a great atmosphere. The chairman's notes in last weeks programme were superb.

I'm under the impression their singing section asked the club to consider chopping allocation so they could stand/sit next to the away end and sing all game, which the club agreed. It works. As I said, their atmosphere was the best home atmosphere I've seen since we got promoted.

Agree, the club could assist. To expect it to be their problem to sort out, as some seem to be suggesting, is stupid though. It's our issue as supporters. People need to organise if they genuinely care enough.

• Like 1

I just don't think we've got that many that are truly bothered about taking part. Most of the West Stand, and a decent portion of the Kop, only made some noise when the clappers came along. I'd assume it is roughly the same people in those areas from when the clappers were properly introduced so it might change if the faces changed. The comment about wasting an opportunity to get a good atmosphere when we moved is valid, people are settled now and probably don't want a change.

21 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Agree, the club could assist. To expect it to be their problem to sort out, as some seem to be suggesting, is stupid though. It's our issue as supporters. People need to organise if they genuinely care enough.

Ahh okay, yeah I agree, I see what you mean now.

9 hours ago, BrummieFOX said:

I'd be stunned if any fanbase sang that to us. We got plaudits from Sky quite a bit, but on the whole fans just focus on the fact we have clappers. 

Completely agree that we should use the ground development to change things though. However, I think the only way it could work would be to say whichever tier they add on is the 'singing' section. I'm not sure many singers would want to be in the upper tier.

I just think we've gotten a bit of a reputation for having a good home atmosphere, which is good obviously but I think people will be underwhelmed by it now. It's been poor all calendar year bar Sevilla.

• Like 1

People that constantly slate(d) Forest fans for 'living in the past' yet we're still churning out "Champions of England you'll never sing that". Can't we sing something else relating to Champions rather than coming across as arrogant.