Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

People that constantly slate(d) Forest fans for 'living in the past' yet we're still churning out "Champions of England you'll never sing that". Can't we sing something else relating to Champions rather than coming across as arrogant. 

Was a reply to some dig they had at us so no problem from me.

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

People that constantly slate(d) Forest fans for 'living in the past' yet we're still churning out "Champions of England you'll never sing that". Can't we sing something else relating to Champions rather than coming across as arrogant. 

Bournemouth fans deserved it, trying to wind us up, was an easy response for us.

Edited by steveherbe

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

The 'I will always remember' is the one for that. Our fanbase just seems so averse to any new songs or at least anything remotely original.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, baker11 said:

The 'I will always remember' is the one for that. Our fanbase just seems so averse to any new songs or at least anything remotely original.

Do we actually have any chants that only we sing or we started?

only one I think is WYS and we make that the dullest chant we have 

Just now, LCFC FOX said:

There is a good few on here -

http://www.unionfs.co.uk/songbook.html

Leicester Boys are we (taken from a Bochum tune but only club over here to sing)

Ulloa cost a forturne (first in England to sing it I believe)

2 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Who  remembers the chant in the 70s/80s.    Lei-Ces-ter Leicester are the best used to go on and on and on lol only other team that did it were liverpool

Gets the odd run out in SK1 still. Normally followed by 'Leicester rule the Midlands' to all things bright and beautiful.

4 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Who  remembers the chant in the 70s/80s.    Lei-Ces-ter Leicester are the best used to go on and on and on lol only other team that did it were liverpool

I remember it ! I wasn't that old, so it helped my spelling hugely ! Happy days indeed ?

15 minutes ago, baker11 said:

There is a good few on here -

http://www.unionfs.co.uk/songbook.html

Leicester Boys are we (taken from a Bochum tune but only club over here to sing)

Ulloa cost a forturne (first in England to sing it I believe)

Looking at that makes me quite sad that we hear so few of those songs. Even the ones we do sing don't seem to really get going, and just fade off after a few lines. At the minute though I'd be happy if we could get anything going, if we could sustain it for longer than a minute at a time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LCFC FOX said:

I like "we only love the boys in Blue", I was thinking yesterday as we sang it, that we are the only ones that sing that song.

49 minutes ago, NZ_Foxile said:

I like "we only love the boys in Blue", I was thinking yesterday as we sang it, that we are the only ones that sing that song.

We are, to the best of my knowledge. Tune not used by anyone else, just Dusty Springfield. :D

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Is L that bad now? I don't hear them but in fairness I didn't really hear Leeds that much from where I am either. Do get a lot of people there saying it's not all that now.

I thought it was decent in SK1 yesterday.

In L1 myself it has dropped off a bit  still can be good though. Last night there seemed to be a lot of kid's in there which didn't help. Leeds fans were decent  went a bit quiet after we equalised nut they r always loud &did keep going till the end 

I usually stand in SK1 but thought I'd see what it was like in L1 last night. Predictably it was shit and Leeds outsung the whole place for 90 minutes. I usually think SK1 is okay, but couldn't hear it last night. Obviously it's a lack of people singing, as opposed to effort from those that do. 

17 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I usually stand in SK1 but thought I'd see what it was like in L1 last night. Predictably it was shit and Leeds outsung the whole place for 90 minutes. I usually think SK1 is okay, but couldn't hear it last night. Obviously it's a lack of people singing, as opposed to effort from those that do. 

Acoustics mate. Leeds only sounded loud on a few occasions from SK1. Very difficult to drown each other out from the two areas, and usually results in both sections leaving the game saying 'well their fans were s**te , weren't they?'

3 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Couldn't hear SK1 at all last night (admitedly from the opposite corner, A1).

Leeds were, as usual, loud and were always going to drown us out.

That's the thing though, from SK1 you can't hear the away fans, but when i'm in K1 you cant hear SK1 lol

Also, Leeds fans were good but not half as good as some are making out.

Edited by Foxin hell

6 minutes ago, Foxin hell said:

That's the thing though, from SK1 you can't hear the away fans, but when i'm in K1 you cant hear SK1 lol

Also, Leeds fans were good but not half as good as some are making out.

From a neutral sk4 Leeds were far better than sk1, some of you have to admit when you're beaten, Leeds were and always have been better away fans.

• Thanks 1

Just now, red5 said:

From a neutral sk4 Leeds were far better than sk1, some of you have to admit when you're beaten, Leeds were and always have been better away fans.

Yeah there's no doubting that, they do have a really vocal away following. Something I'm quite jealous of myself. :P