Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

37 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Where's this gone?

With Nige. :cry:

Don't get me wrong, we carried it through the title winning season but it's always easier and fun when you have something to cheer about, obviously. It was special at times last season with the CL, Sevilla being one of the stand out atmospheres i've ever experienced as a Leicester fan.

But (and I apologise harping on about Pearson again, but he really is a special :worship::wub: ) Pearson really did give a fight, a passion, both on and off the pitch, I never felt so involved and important towards the team as I did when Pearson was here - It's not just me with this opinion either, I've seen a few people say similar things.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

All it needs is a little tweak in the lyrics and it's fine to sing. 

There lies the problem, coming up with a new song then altering the lyrics, the lyrics to that one alone changed half way through the season last year and fans still sung both variants at the same time.

Leicester boys are we, is another example, the final line is just a mumble at best.

Chopping and changing helps no one but the little group who thought about altering it. 

• Like 1

Our atmosphere was the best ever, for once I could hear the players, the stadium was awesomely quite, L1 were well behaved, no gesturing or moving towards the away fans.  Everyone was very well behaved.  The only thing left to make it perfect is to stop the whiny young wannabes in the family stand to sit down and shut up

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Our atmosphere was the best ever, for once I could hear the players, the stadium was awesomely quite, L1 were well behaved, no gesturing or moving towards the away fans.  Everyone was very well behaved.  The only thing left to make it perfect is to stop the whiny young wannabes in the family stand to sit down and shut up

Think we have found hagrids ft user account.:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

So older supporters (I stress here this is *in general* as I know plenty of older fans who still love making a racket) are the ones trying to get things going are they?

The fact you think there needed to be something to cheer about in the first place says it all.

You should have course highlighted the bit where I said that the so-called loud supporting young guns were doing nothing of the sort on Saturday next to the Man city fans. The fact that you blanked that out says it all eh?

11 hours ago, promised land said:

There lies the problem, coming up with a new song then altering the lyrics, the lyrics to that one alone changed half way through the season last year and fans still sung both variants at the same time.

Leicester boys are we, is another example, the final line is just a mumble at best.

Chopping and changing helps no one but the little group who thought about altering it. 

The majority don't know all the words to When You're Smiling, and that hasn't changed in 40+ years lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Matt said:

Don't get me wrong, we carried it through the title winning season but it's always easier and fun when you have something to cheer about, obviously. It was special at times last season with the CL, Sevilla being one of the stand out atmospheres i've ever experienced as a Leicester fan.

But (and I apologise harping on about Pearson again, but he really is a special :worship::wub: ) Pearson really did give a fight, a passion, both on and off the pitch, I never felt so involved and important towards the team as I did when Pearson was here - It's not just me with this opinion either, I've seen a few people say similar things.

Spot on.

I fear we won't see another like him. 

Puel and Ranieri may be tactically superior but neither will get close to the sheer blood, sweat and tears that Pearson put in to build us from the ground up.

It was as if there was an unwritten agreement that he would ensure the players fought for every ball and put in 100% as long as we the fans would respond to that.

And we did, by overlooking losing streaks, and remaining loyal. Nige gave the impression that he cared more about the team than we did (hence him taking on the press and allowing no criticism of the team, thus putting himself in a negative) . 

That's proper passion.

Right now it's just apathy. Of course Puel is here because we are paying him well. Just like the next managers which will follow. I can't see him or anyone bringing the unity and sheer bloody drive that Pearson did or the inspiration and team spirit that Ranieri brought.

Sad times, and that's why the atmosphere is as it is. Bar a cup run or Europa charge it's not going to change for years.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bunyip said:

You should have course highlighted the bit where I said that the so-called loud supporting young guns were doing nothing of the sort on Saturday next to the Man city fans. The fact that you blanked that out says it all eh?

I'm not in L1 so I can't really comment, but what I do know is that home and away the people I see making an effort are younger.

6 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

I'm not in L1 so I can't really comment, but what I do know is that home and away the people I see making an effort are younger.

You are right, you know me, and where I stand, and my efforts this season have been pathetic. I will try harder though next game, if only to show up you young lads! TBF though, most of the older guys up the back do join in, one in particular starts many of the songs. Must just be me, I'm too old and knackered to drive all that way, drink pre-match, walk bloody miles, and then sing for 90 minutes. Now our particular transport arrangements are about to change though, I may be re-energised.

On 11/19/2017 at 01:05, Dan LCFC said:

I and a lot of others on here have said for years Leicester have a total neglect for the 18-40 age bracket and it's showing. We've got without a shadow of a doubt the oldest average away end in the league and it shows.

Yep! It really does show. 

We seem bang average both home and away. 

The only way our home atmosphere looks like it will ever improve is if we go on a good unbeaten run giving us a chance of a europa league place.

Can see tomorrow night and Newcastle being the biggest chances for a decent atmosphere in the away ends. Both are good opportunities for a few beers and tickets are available. Particularly at Newcastle this may transpire to a few flask army throwing their blankets about as lads suffering from significant alcohol intake and high altitude give it some. 

• Thanks 1

On 20/11/2017 at 20:08, Matt said:

So we had a good atmosphere because of Pearson?

Add that to the list of ridiculous things people have credited to Pearson.

What else can we think of?

Winning World War II

Sliced bread

The renaissance

Go on, try.

Some fans need to grow a pair and realise that they create the atmosphere. No one else.

It's not the manager or the team. It isn't clappers. It isn't the stadium. Nor the away fans. It isn't the Buddhist monks or the famed groundsmen.

It's you. These excuses will not wash. If you are sitting there making them then you are a pathetic excuse for a fan.

'Ooooooh we've not got Pearson so we don't feel like singing'. Christ. What a bunch of whiny little bitches.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Some fans need to grow a pair and realise that they create the atmosphere. No one else.

It's not the manager or the team. It isn't clappers. It isn't the stadium. Nor the away fans. It isn't the Buddhist monks or the famed groundsmen.

It's you. These excuses will not wash. If you are sitting there making them then you are a pathetic excuse for a fan.

'Ooooooh we've not got Pearson so we don't feel like singing'. Christ. What a bunch of whiny little bitches.

Where on earth have I (Or anyone for that matter) said that?

I was basically saying I felt a connection, the most valued and involved as fans under Pearson to the team, is that lie? No, It's my opinion and since that time i've felt quite unattached to the team even throughout the title winning season, I've noted we had a good atmosphere throughout that season though - but that was easy wasn't it, always is when the going is good. as we did during the CL games last season.

The reason alot of people aren't singing, creating an atmosphere, and i'm gonna go back to the days pre-Pearson (Coincidence? :dunno:)...we're bored.

Saturday was probably one of the worst (Worst is probably the wrong word, it wasn't exactly a bad atmosphere it was just eerily quiet) quietest in recent years, I can't speak for everyone although it has been mentioned by a few people...we were bored out our minds, certainly in the second half

Those reasons rightly or wrongly are significant factors towards recent poor atmospheres.

(I know it's the old age arguement however that we should create an atmosphere and the players hopefully respond and give us some entertainment but we all know and the past has proven it doesn't work that way)

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Where on earth have I (Or anyone for that matter) said that?

I was basically saying I felt a connection, the most valued and involved as fans under Pearson to the team, is that lie? No, It's my opinion and since that time i've felt quite unattached to the team even throughout the title winning season, I've noted we had a good atmosphere throughout that season though - but that was easy wasn't it, always is when the going is good. as we did during the CL games last season.

The reason alot of people aren't singing, creating an atmosphere, and i'm gonna go back to the days pre-Pearson (Coincidence? :dunno:)...we're bored.

Saturday was probably one of the worst (Worst is probably the wrong word, it wasn't exactly a bad atmosphere it was just eerily quiet) quietest in recent years, I can't speak for everyone although it has been mentioned by a few people...we were bored out our minds, certainly in the second half

Those reasons rightly or wrongly are significant factors towards recent poor atmospheres.

(I know it's the old age arguement however that we should create an atmosphere and the players hopefully respond and give us some entertainment but we all know and the past has proven it doesn't work that way)

Yeh you are saying that, don't backtrack. You were making excuses for our poor atmosphere, like Pearson inspired us and without him we are lost.

People might be bored. I'm bored. Our style of play has been shocking most of the time for over a year. But that's no excuse. That should be irrelevant. Obviously it isn't irrelevant, I accept that. The collective are affected by what goes on on the pitch etc. But you as an individual need to man up. Pearson is gone. Don't talk bollocks like you didn't have a connection with the team under Ranieri. If you didn't then you're even worse than the majority of our lazy, apathetic fans who don't vocally get behind the team.

I was bored under Pearson a lot of the time too, I can tell you. That period where we didn't win a game for 99 days, we were hideous to watch. At times in the Championship too, we could be very boring. And guess what, the atmosphere was great at times, and very poor at others. But I as an individual can at least say my passion didn't die. I can't say that for everyone.

I will not justify people showing no passion just because their favourite (and overrated) manager isn't here. Or even because they are bored.

• 3 weeks later...

Great atmosphere last night.  Singing all match, banter with the fat pie man who got chucked out and all the Saints fans who left early, and loads of goals.  One for the fans who sat through the poor away performances last season, including at Southampton.  

It feels like Puel is starting something special, and the players are responding and improving.  We've still got that threat on the counter attack, but look so much more comfortable on the ball now.  And we have more of a squad, with real competition for places, rather than a decent first eleven and not much else.  Exciting times ahead.  

• Like 1