Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Frank_mckenzie

Black ops 3

Just got this last night - by far the worst COD to date and I'm including WAW and Ghosts in that, utter dogshit. Feel like I'm navigating a 50 stone shut-in around, the jump-boost mechanic is horrible and floaty, no strafe-boosting, no anti-UAV perk until level 38, crappy general feel (aimed at 6 year olds), why has it gone from armies vs militia to really camp superheroes? Dreadful, can't wait to trade it in for anything else

That's a bit harsh. I think it's a good game. I quite like the movement system, it's an upgrade from AW as you can't boost everywhere and by constantly flying around the map. Don't worry about ghost as as said above UAV's aren't that good in this game and don't last very long at all. Sixth sense, fast hands and blast suppressor are the perks I use pretty much all the time. If you run around and are an aggressive player then Fast hands is a must imo.

Also, I'd recommend the Kuda. My favourite gun to use at the moment.

All of the smgs besides the weevil are good.

Kuda is a ump clone from mw2, razorback is the peacekeeper from bo2, pharo is my baby it's a burst fire beast, VMP is over the top crazy all round powerful as long as you can handle some recoil and the vesper is just straight up silly (ridiculous rate of fire and damage but wilder than a wild thing.)

Mmmaybe I was a bit harsh - been toying with my setups this evening and had 2 good games in a row - starting to enjoy it now! You need to be particularly aware now and if you string a few kills together it's really satisfying

Things that still bother me:

- melee rarely kills anyone. I've noticed melee weapons are available as a secondary so I guess standard melee now is just a last resort or to finish someone off in a close-quarters battle

- those rolling bombs. Seem to be inescapable and regenerate for ages

- playing Domination I seem to very often respawn on the opposite side of the map to teammates and have been picked off a few times by someone guarding a point I didn't want to be at

Will give it more time, it is a lot better than I thought yesterday

Things that still bother me:

- melee rarely kills anyone. I've noticed melee weapons are available as a secondary so I guess standard melee now is just a last resort or to finish someone off in a close-quarters battle

- those rolling bombs. Seem to be inescapable and regenerate for ages

Melee change was done deliberately. I read an interview with the designers I quite liked. It basically said they really hated the concept of "panic melee", walking round a corner and just spazzing out and mashing the melee button.

They also pointed out that you had to use an equipment slot for a long range one hit kill (snipers) or short range one hit kill (shotgun) so you should have to sacrifice one for a melee one hit kill (knife.)

A melee hit with a gun from behind is still a one hit kill a la Halo.

As for the rolling bombs, they're just the "futuristic" version of the dogs kill streak, so they're supposed to be powerful. Personally I think they're crap, much easier to run away from than a dog, try jumping on to high ledges.

Melee change was done deliberately. I read an interview with the designers I quite liked. It basically said they really hated the concept of "panic melee", walking round a corner and just spazzing out and mashing the melee button.

They also pointed out that you had to use an equipment slot for a long range one hit kill (snipers) or short range one hit kill (shotgun) so you should have to sacrifice one for a melee one hit kill (knife.)

A melee hit with a gun from behind is still a one hit kill a la Halo.

As for the rolling bombs, they're just the "futuristic" version of the dogs kill streak, so they're supposed to be powerful. Personally I think they're crap, much easier to run away from than a dog, try jumping on to high ledges.

Ah cool, I didn't know that - seems like they put a lot of thought in. I haven't been quickscoped yet so it seems they've sorted that out too

Yeah I used to hate the dogs kill streak too! Always seemed to last too long, although fairly easy to shoot if you're out in the open. 

lol

Any reasons?

Terrible community

No skill required due to it only taking two bullets to kill someone

Unintuative, clunky UI

Absolutely pathetic controls and movement design (example, wall running which the maps they've made doesn't even really support)

About the only thing they got right was them binning off skill based matchmaking, and that was only because they were being hammered by the community.

Terrible community

No skill required due to it only taking two bullets to kill someone

Unintuative, clunky UI

Absolutely pathetic controls and movement design (example, wall running which the maps they've made doesn't even really support)

About the only thing they got right was them binning off skill based matchmaking, and that was only because they were being hammered by the community.

Agree about the community.

In many FPS it only takes 2 bullets with certain guns to kill someone. I think the weapon balancing is pretty good personally.

Don't really see how it's 'clunky', the movement system is an improvement on AW and wall running is a nice addition, I'd say most maps fit in well with wall running. Name me some maps that don't?

Totally agree regarding removing skill based matchmaking. For a week or so there were about 5 prestige masters in all of my lobbies.

I can only think of Nintendo games and certain button-mashing beat-em-ups where skill really isn't a factor of doing well

On the original Black Ops after several prestiges my K:D was about 3:1, as I played it too much and had it down to a tee. I consider 1:1 a good match now! (I play probably 2 hours a week of games these days)

I love the "no skill" guys who are always shit at games.

So it does take skill for an amatuer to spray their SMG and get two bullets to be shot into someone to kill them?

That a dig, mate? Fancy a 1v1 on Rust to prove who's shit?

Agree about the community.

In many FPS it only takes 2 bullets with certain guns to kill someone. I think the weapon balancing is pretty good personally.

Don't really see how it's 'clunky', the movement system is an improvement on AW and wall running is a nice addition, I'd say most maps fit in well with wall running. Name me some maps that don't?

Totally agree regarding removing skill based matchmaking. For a week or so there were about 5 prestige masters in all of my lobbies.

Many FPS's do. Many dont. This is why I liked Destiny's PVP a lot. You needed to provide a constant stream of accurate shots to kill someone (and headshots/accuracy actually matter), not just spraying and praying like any old player can in a recent call of duty game.

So it does take skill for an amatuer to spray their SMG and get two bullets to be shot into someone to kill them?

That a dig, mate? Fancy a 1v1 on Rust to prove who's shit?

Lmao you just challenged someone to an online fight. Absolutely amazing. lol

And of course anyone can get a fluke kill up close but, while I wouldn't call cod realistic per se, that part of it is at least. Could I pull a Lee Harvey Oswold from 200m? Probably not. Could I hit someone from ten yards with an entire clip of a uzi? Probably.

If the game took no skill, everyone would have completely random KDs which obviously isn't the case. There's skill involved in more or less every game. Quick scoping and trick shotting isn't skill, knowing how to win is.

PS: you'd hate me on rust. Pick a corner, run RPD, win ugly.

Archived