Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Vardy called up for England!

I'm gonna throw an unpopular opinion out there. I'm quite disappointed in Jamie's performance. He's out of position and in a situation that doesn't suit him but at this level he needs the cojones to go make something for himself. I'm not seeing the movement and energy I see from him for Leicester.

He can have as much movement and energy as you like they just won't pass him the ball.

I'm gonna throw an unpopular opinion out there. I'm quite disappointed in Jamie's performance. He's out of position and in a situation that doesn't suit him but at this level he needs the cojones to go make something for himself. I'm not seeing the movement and energy I see from him for Leicester.

Not the performance I was hoping.  This is because Jamie's game is based on the ball being passed to him or running onto something.  Vardy was open unmarked in front of Barkley and he stopped and passed the ball back.  Plenty of times Shaw had the ball and passed back to the defence rather than forward to Vardy, same with Delph who would square the ball all the time.

**** England. Clique-y bastards.

That was very disappointing.

Vardy looked lost towards the end, not bothered and tbh I couldn't blame him, no-one wanted to pass to him.

Did anyone pick up on Ian Wright's comments before the match? He said something like he had noticed Vardy didn't seem very accepted or part of the group.

Well he didn't shine did he? For all the slagging off Kane got did he made more impact in his cameo than vardy did all night. Vardy might get some game time on tuesday but he'll be lucky to go to France.

Vardy played poorly in all fairness. His movement was poor that's why no one passed to him, never manage to shake his marker off. Also, I think he may lack confidence in an England shirt, maybe self-doubt is kicking in? Showed glimpses of why he should play against the bigger teams looked decent when we countered which as we all know is Vardys strength. Wrong game for him to show his best but I think Woy likes him so won't be his last England game.

Decent first half, shite second. I think Shaw passed it to him a couple of times first half, and we looked threatening. Otherwise only Shelvey looked for him at all. Rooney clearly doesn't trust him with the ball. And Walcott came on and did well but was overly greedy when he needn't be once or twice.

Vardy's breaks near the end were poor, he needed to have more confidence in himself. Probably pretty hard when half your team mates obviously don't.

Other than Vardy, Shelvey looked good. Nothing else of note for me.

Archived