Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Vardy called up for England!

I'm gonna throw an unpopular opinion out there. I'm quite disappointed in Jamie's performance. He's out of position and in a situation that doesn't suit him but at this level he needs the cojones to go make something for himself. I'm not seeing the movement and energy I see from him for Leicester.

I agree, shame really. Still, as long as he keeps delivering for us I'll be delighted.

Can't see him ever being accepted in an England shirt so would rather he was saved for our games. Rooney, Kane, Walcott, Berahino (when he stops acting like a tosser) and Sturridge (when fit) are ahead of him. Sterling is back on Tuesday too.

It's alright, he'll rip them apart in the league. I'm embarrassed to support England when I see fellow fans. Think they have a divine right to win every game with very little watching the actual game.

Proved the doubters right I'm afraid. Looking out of your depth and failing to bag against San Marino takes some doing. Kane and Walcott coming on and both bagging instantly says it all.

Game wasn't set up for him at all of course but you have to do something and he did not. Poor performance from him and it will be costly. Still, he's fulfilled his dreams and achieved what only a handful of people achieve so fair play to him.

Rooney clearly doesn't trust him with the ball.

I'm not sure that's true. If it is the case, I'd be amazed. At international level trust in your team mates should be a given - surely. I can't believe other players make a conscious decision under pressure to deliberately not pass to a certain team mate. Unprofessional and unlikely IMHO

Vardy did well first half, only thing that would do his confidence is fact Kane and Walcott scored so easily.
Judging any footballer on a game against San Marino on that pitch is unfair, Clyne looked absolutely dog but I'm sure he is a good player.
The wankathon surrounding Shelvey is a bit weird so many attempted lofted ball down the middle that were just crap.
All the players were playing for themselves, and to be fair understandably as all you can do against San Marino is make yourself stand out - but just makes watching unbearable, and judging players impossible.

gotta agree with the few saying he wasn't very good tbh. 

yeah "they" didn't pass to him and he wasn't playing in his best position and undoubtedly the game couldn't have panned out to suit him any less, but he looked lost in the most part. shame we won't have another england player for another 15 years probably. 

Proved the doubters right I'm afraid. Looking out of your depth and failing to bag against San Marino takes some doing. Kane and Walcott coming on and both bagging instantly says it all.

Game wasn't set up for him at all of course but you have to do something and he did not. Poor performance from him and it will be costly. Still, he's fulfilled his dreams and achieved what only a handful of people achieve so fair play to him.

Tbf Walcott did **** all but bundle home Delph's cross, the rest of the time he was running into players. Vardy if nothing else created space for others, if the Ox and Walcott had done the same on the other wing he might have had the opportunity like Walcott did to bundle in from close range.

EDIT: Forgot he scored a second lol Still he wasnt great despite the two goals. Vardy made a similar run to Walcott's and rather than pass Shelvey ran into three defenders. lol

Well he didn't shine did he? For all the slagging off Kane got did he made more impact in his cameo than vardy did all night. Vardy might get some game time on tuesday but he'll be lucky to go to France.

Why are you knocking Vardy all the time?

He did fine. Kane scored but he missed more and he got more passes.

Roy knows that Vardy will chase down plays when it's needed that's why he has a chance of playing.

gotta agree with the few saying he wasn't very good tbh. 

yeah "they" didn't pass to him and he wasn't playing in his best position and undoubtedly the game couldn't have panned out to suit him any less, but he looked lost in the most part. shame we won't have another england player for another 15 years probably. 

Wow you've changed your tune.....

45 mins ago he was a far better player than kane, and now you think vardy doesn't deserve another cap.

Vardy just didn't look his usual self really. He'll always have some inconsistent touches and crosses but mostly he'll be flying in now and again, snarling, not giving the defender an inch, coming from nowhere to outpace a defender and latch on to the ball.

Not having a shot/ chance is a negative as a goal or direct assist might've brightened up him a bit but not to be. He's had a couple of caps, doubt he'll get another (though maybe wrong) and he's fulfilled a lifelong ambition at least.

Archived