Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Vardy called up for England!

TBH we are not blessed with any decent strikers are we.

Thought Vardy gave up towards the end but not that bothered, club before country every single time and looking at yet another boring game that won't change,I think it won't damage Vardy,infact I expect him to up his running about like a loon.

What did Woy and Wright say? Had to turn the telly off as I was bored to death

not much really, they were just talking about the game and wright said "also vardy done well i like him he works" and roy said yeah true, and he found space even though there was no space with xi behind the ball. 

Vardy almost looked like he didn't want the ball. Maybe he was scared to make a mistake. A common trait from players when they play for England. Certainly didn't look his usual self but then again I always said this was the wrong game for him. If he starts versus Switzerland he will be much better IMO

It wasn't that Rooney didn't want to pass the ball to Vardy - he didn't want to pass the ball to anybody! The amount of times he tried to control the ball for himself when an outlet was available and a pass easier. A self indulgent performance from him.

Vardy was OK first half, but poor second half in a game that didn't suit him. Not as bad as Milner though who I thought was very wasteful with possession.

Vardy almost looked like he didn't want the ball. Maybe he was scared to make a mistake. A common trait from players when they play for England. Certainly didn't look his usual self but then again I always said this was the wrong game for him. If he starts versus Switzerland he will be much better IMO

Yeah I had that feeling, the longer it went on the more he seemed to not find space. Didn't think he did enough to demand the ball or make space.

Having said that, nothing more than I expected as we're asking him to play with his back to goal, not what he's about!

I'm sure Vardy was instructed to stay out on the left as for Kane sure he made an impact but he was playing down the centre and  Walcott  well all the attacking play came down the right or through the centre.

The Ox and Rooney contributed very little and overall despite the 6 goals England were a shambles and struggled to control and pass the ball.

Wouldn't say he played bad, he just wasn't involved. Didn't seem to fit in with what was going on.. Nobody, especially Luke fvcking Shaw passed him the ball. Did feel sorry for Jamie 2nd half, goals going in everywhere and he still couldn't get a look-in.

Thought Vardy done ok first half, but not so much second half, but as i said yesterday, this was never going to be a game for Vardy to shine, with no space in behind, and also playing out of his favoured position wouldn`t have helped him either.

It`s not like he missed any chances, because he never had any.

Not that i expect that he will get the chance, but if he was playing against one of the better international sides, that we were counter attacking against, and he could play more to his strengths, i think he would shut alot of people up.

Sadly the knives have been out for Vardy from within the national media, and also fans of other clubs, that basically know sod all about him, because they don`t see him every week, right from the time of his first call up, and i don`t expect him to be picked for too many more squads.

The only thing he can do, is keep performing well for us, hopefully add a few more goals to his game, which of course will happily benefit us, and make it practically impossible for him to be ignored, although i`m sure there will still be plenty out there wanting to take a snipe at him!

We often had Vardy on the wing (during Pearson's time).

Proably Roy wanted to use his pace and draw the defence in.

Yes but we're a team that plays a counter attacking game with minimal possession. Vardy's greatest strength is playing on the break this was totally the wrong game for him he'd be much more useful and involved where we have to at least compete for possession.

We often had Vardy on the wing (during Pearson's time).

Proably Roy wanted to use his pace and draw the defence in.

He can do a job out there, but he`s not a winger, and it`s not his favoured or in my opinion his strongest position.

Even for us, Vardy has never been as effective out wide, than when he playing down the middle, although when he does play down the middle, he actually runs the flanks very well, creating space down the middle for others.

People quite positive about Vardy on the match report comments in the Guardian.

I wonder if it's because of an expectation gap? We've seen him play much, much better than that for months on end whereas others who don't know as much about him might have been pleasantly surprised

With them having 10/11 players behind the ball most of the time just didn't have any space to run Into down the channels , we were never gonna see the proper vardy today

Spot on this was never Vardy's game.

Unfortunately the type of game he would probably shine in would be in tournament play against decent opposition who are applying a lot more pressure.

I doubt he will ever get at chance at that level.

He's just going to have to keep on doing what he does week in week out.

Archived