Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Vardy called up for England!

Felt sorry for Vardz. 

Luke Shaw continually opted to pass inside instead of playing a ball down the line to Vardy where there was plenty of space and linking up with him. It was almost as if none of them wanted to pass to him as they all think they're too billy big bollocks to play with Vardy. 

Someone picked up on something Ian Wright said before the San Marino game before; that he seemed to be on the outside of the group. I think this is one of the biggest problems for him. He needs to get into the group and get to know the lads. 

Let's say if you're Theo Walcott and you're playing with Vardy, the only thing you're gonna know about him is from what you've seen only twice when he played against Arsenal. If you've only seen him then and not really spoken to him in training other than an occasional "hi" you're not going to know that you can play a ball pretty much anywhere in front of him and he'll be able to get it, or that he can get past players with his pace and get it into you if you simply get in the right position. I know professionals should just assume this but i don't think they do from looking at the San Marino game.  

He needs to get in there and let them know what he's capable of by telling them, other than letting them watch a few lengthy dribbles in a training match. Hopefully he's just feeling like a new kid at school and will settle in if given the chances. 

Surely that's information the manager and his coaches should be passing on

I'd love him to start tonight but I can see him being replaced by Sterling.

I’m not so sure. If there was anything riding on this match that Vardy wouldn’t start the game, but Roy has already said that the fringe players need pitch-time.

We all know what Sterling can do. Even as a neutral I’d want to see Vardy given the chance to start.

With absolutely no respect to San Marino, we need to see what he can do against proper international opposition.

Would think Kane starts tonight? Instant impact at weekend. Interesting to see if Vardy gets on from the bench though. Might be no bad thing for him to come on with his pace against tired legs late on.

So glad Vardy has his caps, but I'm selfish and would prefer him to be rested so hectic is fully fit for Sunday

Don't worry about that the boy has one of those Duracell batteries in him and can run and run forever .... I hope he gets on as much as possible and has a fantastic career .... A real rags to riches story ...... Top bloke !!

Archived