Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Norwich away...

Why are people saying 'would like to go 3 at the back but won't happen' and then posting a back 4 rather than what you actually want to see? Ranieri's not looking over this thread hoping to pick his starting 11, ignoring all posts with a back 3 as he does so

This is most definitely "that game" today, I think Norwich will surprise a lot of you today, they're good side with bags of pace, technical ability and team spirit. We've been riding on the crest of a tidal wave coming into this season, and our ballsy attack has so far successfully pulled us out of some impossible situations.

The reality of it is we're top heavy, in attack on our day we're very good and the midfield can hold its own, however our defence is by a street the worst in the league....

Don't be supposed if we come away today losing 3 or 4-0. Norwich are a very steady side and Wes Hoolahan has forever been a thorn in our side.

Hi mate / all,

The Compleat Angler opposite the train station is always a designated away pub, 10 minute walk from the ground (probably less).

The street that the other poster was talking about with the cinema is a complex called Riverside which is even closer to the ground (halfway between the Compleat Angler and the ground basically), that has a huge Wetherspoons and should be away friendly before the game at least.

Generally that is away friendly after the game too but not always, think that depends on the opponents / police advise, can remember a few times when away fans haven't been allowed in there post game. Normally fine down there too though.

If you like quality real ale then the Fat Cat and Canary is the other side of the ground, away fans fine in there too. Depends how you are travelling I suppose, if you are driving down then could try and park nearer to that, if by train then you'll find the other pubs much easier with a dodgy knee.

There's actually only one pub I can think of which I'd strongly advise away fans don't enter and that's the The Murderer's, in the city centre. That's where you'll find the fans who like to wear Stone Island clobber and count The Football Factory amongst their favourite films.

Hope that helps.

The murderer's sounds like a lovely establishment

Hi mate / all,

The Compleat Angler opposite the train station is always a designated away pub, 10 minute walk from the ground (probably less).

The street that the other poster was talking about with the cinema is a complex called Riverside which is even closer to the ground (halfway between the Compleat Angler and the ground basically), that has a huge Wetherspoons and should be away friendly before the game at least.

Generally that is away friendly after the game too but not always, think that depends on the opponents / police advise, can remember a few times when away fans haven't been allowed in there post game. Normally fine down there too though.

If you like quality real ale then the Fat Cat and Canary is the other side of the ground, away fans fine in there too. Depends how you are travelling I suppose, if you are driving down then could try and park nearer to that, if by train then you'll find the other pubs much easier with a dodgy knee.

There's actually only one pub I can think of which I'd strongly advise away fans don't enter and that's the The Murderer's, in the city centre. That's where you'll find the fans who like to wear Stone Island clobber and count The Football Factory amongst their favourite films.

Hope that helps.

Wetherspoons had doormen and signs up banning away fans last time I was in the there. My first match watching the foxes in years, can't wait COYB

This is most definitely "that game" today, I think Norwich will surprise a lot of you today, they're good side with bags of pace, technical ability and team spirit. We've been riding on the crest of a tidal wave coming into this season, and our ballsy attack has so far successfully pulled us out of some impossible situations.

The reality of it is we're top heavy, in attack on our day we're very good and the midfield can hold its own, however our defence is by a street the worst in the league....

Don't be supposed if we come away today losing 3 or 4-0. Norwich are a very steady side and Wes Hoolahan has forever been a thorn in our side.

Sunderland?

I take your point though, but still think they'll be very concerned about us and the pace we have.  Would definitely take a point

Maybe it's time to show a different side to our game. Yes it's been exciting playing this style and we get plenty of plaudits for it but we will never keep a clean sheet playing the way we do. Surely that's a psychological boost to the opposition knowing that they will almost certainly score at least one goal.

We have the attacking prowess (that word doesn't look right) to compete with anyone in this league so now it's time for

the defence and midfield to raise their game. Can see it being a really tough game today if we set up in the same way as we have been. If we're on our game we should have far too much for Norwich.

1-3

Hoolahan

Vardy x 2

Kante

Guest Col city fan

Score draw today for me.

2 a piece.

Norwich are no pushovers and nor are we.

Should be a good, entertaining game with goals.

Mahrez is crucial today as giving them problems will take the heat off our (shaky) back line.

Guest Col city fan

Sunderland?

I take your point though, but still think they'll be very concerned about us and the pace we have. Would definitely take a point

I look at our players and don't think the defense is the worst in the division.

But our 'defending' (as a team) probably is.

Sometimes we are too quick and eager to get the ball forward, leaving gaps for the counter - attack. If we go one up, we need to learn to keep the ball for periods of time and frustrate the opposition.

It's exciting, but it's not controlled enough at times.

It will be interesting to see how we pick ourselves up after a rare loss. Have we been playing on the crest of a wave or are we just that good?

Plenty of positives for Ranieri so far without a doubt but I just worry that he's not a big motivator. Could be wrong but he just seems like too much of a nice guy and therefore wouldn't kick players up the arse if they aren't performing.

I'm also worried he's trying so hard to lose his label of tinkerman that it's affecting his team selection

Norwich aren't a bad team but neither are we. We're not going to lose 3 or 4-0 to them; we haven't lost 3 or 4-0 to anybody for four years. Their defence is just as poor as ours - I don't think they've kept a clean sheet this season either?

They should be far more frightened of us than we are of them. We might lose, as well we might to anybody in this division, but the chances of them hammering us are slim to none.

Basically we really need to stop leaking goals. That's the long and short of it.

That said, if we played to the same level as last week, i actually think we'd win this one. That's not to say Norwich aren't a good side - they are - but last weeks game was defined by insane work up front by Sanchez and Walcott.

The midfield is the issue. Our wingers offer little to no protection to our full backs therefore leaving us exposed. You can't expect full backs to prevent a doubled up attack on their own.

Massive game today, not going to make any predictions as I know fvck all, but it will be a good indicator as to where we are and what Claudio wants to do. We lost quite heavily against Arsenal so now he has the freedom to make some big changes, whether he will or not I don't know but we have players like Fuchs, Benalouane, Dyer, King, Ulloa who have all made a case for starting and question marks over Schlupp, RDL, Huth, Okazaki as well as formation and tactical changes to get the best out of our players.

I would be disappointed if we line up with the usual suspects, after recent displays Fuchs should come in if we play a back 4, Jeff can always come in later in the came if we want to go all out pace attack but we need to be better defensively and Fuchs offers that, other than that we have talent all over the pitch and in reserve it just depends if we get the right team on the day to beat Norwich, which we are more than capable of.

A comfortable win and we'll be back on track a defeat and panic might set in.

On our day we can be good in attack? Well I'd say that's been pretty much seven times this season. There has been nothing to suggest any team in the league would roll us over 3 or 4 nil, let alone Norwich.

It will be a tough game and a draw would be a decent result. It is winnable though.

Don't no if it's been mentioned but watching Ranieri's pre game interview on foxesplayer it cuts to snippets of the training session and the bit towards the end shows basically a 442 with

Rdl Huth Morgan Schlupp

Mahrez Dd Kante Albrighton

Oka vardy

Suprised me as I expected okazaki and schlupp to make way for ulloa/krama and fuchs

Norwich City’s Alex Neil prepares to cover new ground against Leicester City

11:02 03 October 2015

Paddy Davitt

image.jpg

Norwich City manager Alex Neil is looking forward to a new challenge against Leicester City. Picture by Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd

Alex Neil has been portrayed as a Premier League poster boy for his relative youth and Scottish heritage, but the Norwich boss believes Leicester City are the real trailblazers under Claudio Ranieri.

Share link

shares

The youngest manager in the top flight is planning to cover new ground on Saturday in Norwich’s attempts to get the better of the Foxes.

“The one thing about them is they are a different proposition to what we have faced so far this season,” he said. “Obviously I have watched all the videos and they end up 4-2-4 at times, which is highly unusual, with two wide players playing really high. They have a lot of pace and they are good on the counter-attack.

“We need to make sure we guard against that and we make best use of the ball when we have it.

“I’ve not come across him before but the way he sets his team up is different to anyone we have met, which is a great challenge for us and for me.

“They are good at what they do, in terms of how they function as a group, and we have to make sure we impose our style of play on them.

“The lads have got good confidence at the moment and Leicester picked up a lot of points in the first few games but if we beat them I think we go above them, which tells you how well we have started.”

Leicester may be held up as a role model for the Canaries, but Neil does not want to experience the same bumpy passage to safety endured by one of last season’s promoted trio.

“With nine games to go they were pretty much down so I wouldn’t want to get myself into that situation if I could help it,” he said. “The fact they stayed up is all credit to them. Whether you win seven out of nine at the start or the finish, providing you get there, that is the most important thing. I’m sure I wouldn’t like to depend on getting seven wins from our last nine games to stay up and so far we have gone about our work in a good, steady manner.

“If you look at the newer teams, like ourselves, or ones who have recently come up, like Leicester, when they do score goals it is really difficult to get that balance, so you have the cutting edge at the top end of the pitch and keep the back door shut. What you tend to find is either they will be free-scoring, but concede a few, or they can shut up shop but are limited in attack.

“To get that balance is extremely difficult when you are playing against the top teams in the country.”

Neil is confident two attack-minded sides will not produce a Carrow Road stalemate.

“They do score a lot of goals and we have to make sure defensively we do our jobs and limit the supply,” he said. “We know how we will go about it and I don’t think there is any chance it is going to be 0-0. Looking at the make-up of both teams we both want to be offensive and score goals. I would be really surprised if it finished 0-0.

“It should be a really entertaining game. The way we both play we edge towards trying to win a game rather than not losing it. That is why we have probably conceded more than we would like.”

Archived