Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Norwich away...

I wouldn't mind Morgan being given a break for this one.

Yes, they've got good chemistry and understanding with Huth - but I noticed he's made a few mistakes and the comical one at Stoke still makes me worried about him.

So give Was another much-needed chance.

Can't see us changing formation but would like to see this on Saturday

Kasper

Benalouane

Schlupp

Morgan

Huth

Drinkwater

Inler

Kante

Dyer

Mahrez

Vardy.

Looks a strange selection to me,Benalouane in his brief ventures at right back has looked awful ,clearly a centre half,Inler has shown nothing yet in the premiership to merit selection when everyone is fit, he should have to bide his time, and no Albrighton?

Guest Col city fan

I thought both Wasyl and Benalouane both stepped up in the West Ham game. Wouldn't be adverse to seeing either get a starting spot soon.

I'm always slightly dubious about good performances in cup competitions being translated into good performances in the bread and butter. With the cups, especially in the earlier rounds, the pressure is off to some extent. That's why we often see a so-called 'minnow' over - performing and springing an upset.

Christian Fuchs is a quality player in his own right but Ranieri will see them all training, and will pick a side to battle a league game without paying too much attention to how someone performed in the cup. At least I suspect so.

Fuchs etc could come in for the Norwich game and nor perform anything like they did against West Ham in the cup. We've seen that so often.

What I'm saying is, don't play players simply because of good cup performances. Play your best, on form 11, to adhere to a game plan. If that means Fuchs then et al then fine.

I'm always slightly dubious about good performances in cup competitions being translated into good performances in the bread and butter. With the cups, especially in the earlier rounds, the pressure is off to some extent. That's why we often see a so-called 'minnow' over - performing and springing an upset.

Christian Fuchs is a quality player in his own right but Ranieri will see them all training, and will pick a side to battle a league game without paying too much attention to how someone performed in the cup. At least I suspect so.

Fuchs etc could come in for the Norwich game and nor perform anything like they did against West Ham in the cup. We've seen that so often.

What I'm saying is, don't play players simply because of good cup performances. Play your best, on form 11, to adhere to a game plan. If that means Fuchs then et al then fine.

The thing is, we've seen Jeff be hopelessly out of position in terms of actually defending every game this season in the PL, costing us goals along the way.

I don't know that Fuchs can reproduce his display against West Ham, and if he is up to the task - although I was impressed by both him and Benny - but what I do know is that Schlupp has proven he's not a good enough defender to take that position - so he shouldn't be in the first 11 you write about.

Why are people putting Fuchs in the lineup when Claudio cleary stated he is happy with the back 4 and Jeff at LB. Not going to happen!

So when the team is announced on Saturday you wont have an opinion about it? That's all this is. Just people's ideas on who should play. Makes good reading IMO.

PS I'd like the see Fuchs at LB 

Looks a strange selection to me,Benalouane in his brief ventures at right back has looked awful ,clearly a centre half,Inler has shown nothing yet in the premiership to merit selection when everyone is fit, he should have to bide his time, and no Albrighton?

What has Albrighton done since the Sunderland Game?

Schmeichel.

Delaet.

Benalouane.

Huth.

Fuchs.

Dyer

Kanté

Drinkwater

Schlupp.

Mahrez.

Vardy.

Schwarzer.

Morgan.

King.

Inler.

Albrighton

Kramarić.

Ulloa

1. Back four to keep clean sheet

2. Still retain all our counter attack players

3. Towards end of game (hopefully ahead) bring on plan b; Albrighton crossing for Ulloa. Introduce Inler for Mahrez to close out and pack midfield.

Morgan to accept the experiment to try and keep a clean sheet (a little bit like Terry has had to at Chelsea).

Fuchs in. 100%

Schlupp out. Mahrez in the hole. Dyer in.

Okazaki out. Ulloa or even Kram in. (if we play 2 up top)

Done.

(also, think Huth has had a bad start to the season, wouldn't mind giving Benny another run out - look good in the cup and also knows how to distribute a football).

Isn't that 3 in and 2 out.

Certainly should help us a bit.

Playing the same back line after 7 matches and expecting a different result has me wondering what he sees. There won't be any pizza served in that change room for sometime. Both outside backs are a liability in this 4-4-2. Needs changing or we need to hope we can carry on scoring at the rate we are.

Playing the same back line after 7 matches and expecting a different result has me wondering what he sees. There won't be any pizza served in that change room for sometime. Both outside backs are a liability in this 4-4-2. Needs changing or we need to hope we can carry on scoring at the rate we are.

Praps CR has realised what pizza for the whole squad will cost and don't want to foot the bill lol lol

Narch know how to keep clean sheets, we don't.

Must win in my opinion to keep our title hopes alive.

Back in the real world I'd take a draw, would love a win, can see a defeat.

They've kept one this season and none in their six league games.

F**k it! All out attack! 

Schmeichel

De laet                                                                              Schlupp

Kante

Dyer                               Albrighton

Mahrez

Kramaric                    Vardy

Ulloa 

Okazaki

2-1-2-1-2-1-1 formation. Win 8-7. Boom. 3 points.

post-23243-0-50619300-1443548979_thumb.j

The thing is, we've seen Jeff be hopelessly out of position in terms of actually defending every game this season in the PL, costing us goals along the way.

I don't know that Fuchs can reproduce his display against West Ham, and if he is up to the task - although I was impressed by both him and Benny - but what I do know is that Schlupp has proven he's not a good enough defender to take that position - so he shouldn't be in the first 11 you write about.

If only it were that simple. It might be the case that Schlupp (and DeLaet) have too much responsibility at full-back considering they have so little cover or support when going forward and two centre-backs in between them who are themselves exposed and under more pressure than they could do with.

Somehow with 3-5-2 and its variations our team looked more balanced in terms of maintaining a threat yet being able to cope defensively. We moved more fluidly as a unit.

Think back to the rigid 4-4-2 against Spurs and how, yes, we salvaged a point and might even have won but no, we didn't really pose much of a threat and were almost totally unambitious going forward.

I'm always a bit concerned about coaches or managers who want to play a certain system instead of looking at their players in matches and on the training ground and saying "this system suits these players best".

Dropping people - whoever it is - doesn't necessarily work and can be extremely counter-productive.

Best sometimes to ask why is someone struggling and is there anything we can do about it?.

Shinji's a good example. He looked a cracking signing against Sunderland but disappointing since. Why? Why has a fairly freescoring international suddenly become no real threat at all?

And the same can be asked about others because people don't become bad players overnight. We need our system to bring the best out of everyone.  

Archived