Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Norwich away...

It was clearly being used to back up the Doc who is wrong in this discussion. Hence why my tone was like that.

Wrong in your opinion.

Last season, discounting the top six it was 80 home to 46 away. The season before 82 home to 51 away, before that 78 to 47 away, the season before that 72 home to 55 away. So that's 34 more last season, 31 more the season before, 31 the season before that, 27 in 2011/12. Granted slightly more than 10-15 (20-25 instead). So, on average each club has 2 more home wins than away wins per season. Real big factor that :rolleyes:

Who doesn't love maths? My take on your numbers:

80 plus 46 is 126 wins in total.

Split been the 14 teams (as you excluded the top 6) is exactly 9 wins per team (9 * 14 = 126).

Given the 80 and 46 split this equates to 5.7 home wins and 3.3 away wins (80\14 and 46\14).

So yes that is 'just' 2.4 home wins more than away wins on average but it out of 9 wins in total not the 38 you use for your 5% test. 2.4\9 is 27%.

It's a massive factor.

I'm ignoring your stupid breakdown and attempt to justify your wrong argument, yes. I deal with simple facts as you said 80 home wins to 46. A significant difference which is why bookmakers factor this into their prices.

if you think they shouldn't factor this into their decision then you are just plain stupid. Simple as that.

Dude as soon as you start slipping in the insults youve lost the argument. Why do you feel the need to do this? It just weakens any valid points you have despite whether they are right or wrong.

Dude as soon as you start slipping in the insults youve lost the argument. Why do you feel the need to do this? It just weakens any valid points you have despite whether they are right or wrong.

It doesn't work like that. You lose an argument when you don't listen to the facts. The facts are out there for the doc to see. It's not a case of discussing whether Vardy deserves an 8 or 6 out of 10. They are opinions. If the facts are repeatedly dismissed, then unfortunately the person involved is being a bit stupid.

As it is I don't think Doc is stupid when I see some of his non betting related posts, but when he talks about something he does not have a clue about it and makes out like he knows everything, then he deserves some of what he gets back.

Came in here to read peoples thoughts on the Norwich game and get people arguing about home advantage. We need a private chat feature so people can have their boring arguments in private.

How about making a comment about the game itself then? You can just scroll past things you don't want to read.

How about making a comment about the game itself then? You can just scroll past things you don't want to read.

I reckon Mahrez and Vardy are going to absolutely boss it tomorrow! Should be a good high scoring game based on both teams inability to defend.

Does anyone know what Nathan Dyer actually did to his knee?

Being away to teams like Norwich probably suits us better than being at home. This will be a tough encounter with them picking up some good results recently but I think we have the ammunition to bag a couple just need the other end to improve and we can get a result.

Looking forward to a day on the beers and a sore throat by the end from the celebrations.

Who doesn't love maths? My take on your numbers:

80 plus 46 is 126 wins in total.

Split been the 14 teams (as you excluded the top 6) is exactly 9 wins per team (9 * 14 = 126).

Given the 80 and 46 split this equates to 5.7 home wins and 3.3 away wins (80\14 and 46\14).

So yes that is 'just' 2.4 home wins more than away wins on average but it out of 9 wins in total not the 38 you use for your 5% test. 2.4\9 is 27%.

It's a massive factor.

It's two games in a season where being at home/away has made a difference, which is 7.69% (forgot to exclude the top six in the games count), which is a minor factor.

What you're showing is the liklihood of a single team winning at home against winning away, not the liklihood of a match finishing as a home or an away win based on location.

so what threat should we be wary of with Norwich? who are there key men? game changers? 

Hoolahan pulls the strings but he doesn't always play, stick Kante on him if he does. Redmond is their other threat and he seems to have found a better end product recently. Robbie Brady from set pieces too.

Schmeichel.

Delaet. Benalouane. Huth. Fuchs.

Albrighton Kanté Drinkwater Schlupp

Mahrez.

Vardy.

Schwarzer. Morgan. King. Inler. Kramarić. Ulloa Okazaki.

4-4-1-1

Square pegs, square holes

Objective 1: keep a clean sheet (Morgan benched & Shlupp to left wing). Time to experiment.

Objective 2: use our pace (best attribute) on the break to score

Objective 3: stay ahead in the game. Bring on Inler to close out, Ulloa (good aerially defencively) for Mahrez and Vardy, after going ahead.

Win 0-2 . Simples

These are the types of matches we have to win to stay mid-table or higher. Win the games you're supposed to win, against the competition you should match up well with.

I expect a 2-0 victory tomorrow. First clean sheet...fingers crossed.

Agreed. Just as last weekend was a marker, so is this. We should have the tools to take all 3 points, but nothing is a given in football.

If we're on it and Mahrez has a better game we will score 2 or 3. It's what happens at the other end which will determine the result. Kasper hasn't impressed me so far this season and our defence has been pretty poor. Would like to see Fuchs come in at left back if we're going with a 4 at the back. However most of the damage so far this season has come down the right. Nothing much we can do about RDL at the moment. Just hope he finds some form.

Norwich's home atmosphere is one of the most underrated imo.

Whenever I watched them play (on TV), they can be quite loud and supportive.

Been shit every time I've ever been Carrow Road no doubt it will be again tomorrow. I have a lot of Norwich supporting mates and I think my hate for Norwich is similar to that of Forest and Derby. Cocky arrogant pricks in footballing terms think they are miles better than they are and constantly slagging Leicester off would love a win tomorrow (fingers crossed).

• Joe Dodoo will be thrown on at 70mins and rescue a point, leaving Delia Smith to bemoan how the Canaries threw away a 2-0 lead.

• a broadcaster will describe this match as a game of two halves and a tale of two cities. Probably Gary Lineker on MotD.

Ranieri will say the team spirit is excellent but mistakes come from a lack of communication

Robert Huth will be lucky not to concede a penalty

Cameron Jerome will miss a sitter 

Archived