Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ozleicester

Wordpress - Easy?

OK, so ive always heard that wordpress was relatively easy and certainly the blog side is, but i was hoping to make a website.

Now im not computer wizz, but im not a complete no nothing either, but, i just cant even figure where to star.

Ive downloaded the latest wordpress and now the "famous 5 minute installer" says to upload the files... what the?

Does anyone have an easy to read and understand "how to"

Appreciate your help :)

Best thing to do is look for a Theme that you like there is 1000's of free ones about.

Once you have found the theme you like you will need to upload it and activate it via the apperance/theme menu.

Most Themes you see will be filled websites but when you install the theme you have found it will most likely be blank, Now you will have to upload the demo content of the theme you have downloaded (find a tutorial on how to do this) pretty simple import/wordpress import/ upload demo content.

Now you have your theme with the demo content loaded, you can now edit/change what you see fit and add your own images/content.

this is the quickest way to get a pro looking website setup pretty quickly, although the final tweaks I would get a expert to in to finish it off if you have no hmtl/code knowledge.

Edit: to actually install wordpress, I would log into the Cpanel of your hosting account area / and look for the Applications/Wordpress install this does everything for you so you have a fresh version of wordpress on your domain.

Best thing to do is look for a Theme that you like there is 1000's of free ones about.

Once you have found the theme you like you will need to upload it and activate it via the apperance/theme menu.

Most Themes you see will be filled websites but when you install the theme you have found it will most likely be blank, Now you will have to upload the demo content of the theme you have downloaded (find a tutorial on how to do this) pretty simple import/wordpress import/ upload demo content.

Now you have your theme with the demo content loaded, you can now edit/change what you see fit and add your own images/content.

this is the quickest way to get a pro looking website setup pretty quickly, although the final tweaks I would get a expert to in to finish it off if you have no hmtl/code knowledge.

Edit: to actually install wordpress, I would log into the Cpanel of your hosting account area / and look for the Applications/Wordpress install this does everything for you so you have a fresh version of wordpress on your domain.

Thanks.. trying  :)

Thanks...Ive started on a site.. and have a domain directed to it... ami i on the right track?

You have to point the nameservers from your hosting account usually 2 lines to your domain. usually it takes 24/48hrs for the dns servers to update then you won't get the parked domain page.

To do the basic stuff in Wordpress it is fairly straight forward, you don't even need to know html and CSS... there are a lot of templates and tutorials available... you can have a site up in around 10 minutes once all set-up... most hosting sites, even allow you to install Wordpress onto your space using their tool and it will all be ready to use, such as 1 and 1 who I would recommend... you can do a lot in Wordpress and start making very unique sites if you can code, so it is good for beginners and experts.

Archived