Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

14 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Interesting question, if it came up on a pub quiz my instant reaction would be Manchester United.

The fact that you can’t believe it’s right makes me think differently.

So maybe Blackburn who had a lot of success early on in the comp, where there may have been more bigger wins? This is assuming you’re only talking the FA Cup proper? 
Including the qualifying rounds it could be quite different.

I’m really keen to figure this out without Google. So guess one would be  Blackburn or Sheffield FC if it included qualifying rounds.

Not even close

8 hours ago, beepee1984 said:

I googled it and It does include qualifying rounds and I’m surprised 😯 

Clue: they took the record from Tottenham when scoring past Barwell this season

But Google is already outdated as Tottenham would have gone above them again yesterday

I figured that it must include qualifying rounds (which I wouldn't) Obviously, at that level they're a top team who would yearly play several rounds, occasionally against very small teawm that it would be easy to put 6-7 goals past, if not more.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu

Leicester City are no strangers to signing centre-backs. In fact, since Daniel Amartey's arrival in January 2016, they have signed 12 senior central defenders either on a permanent transfer or on loan.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-hope-12th-transfer-8101969

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Leicester City are no strangers to signing centre-backs. In fact, since Daniel Amartey's arrival in January 2016, they have signed 12 senior central defenders either on a permanent transfer or on loan.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-hope-12th-transfer-8101969

PLAY THEM ALL (except Bennett) and we may scrape a 0-0 draw!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, davieG said:

What's funny is that we signed Armartey as a midfielder. He always played CDM and RB for us, even though he played CB for Ghana.

So the article saying "City are still lining up with Amartey in their back-line" is typical Mercury bad reporting. He didn't start playing in our backline until  recently.

• Like 1

On 06/02/2023 at 20:36, peterborofox said:

9% of Kane's total PL goals are against us 😂 18 goals

Four more against us than his next highest opposition being Arsenal with 14 goals 

He f£cking hates us don't he, we've only been in prem since 2014 and he was on loan with us in 2013.

They've never thanked us for that have they??

He's by far the best player they've ever had, a true winner (minus the actual medals). He must have learnt that mentality at the King Power, only two seasons later we're winning the league.  

• Like 1

BBC

In the stat you never knew you needed, City became the first team in Premier League history to score three first-half goals in back-to-back matches despite conceding first in each game - having also done so against Aston Villa

8 minutes ago, davieG said:

BBC

In the stat you never knew you needed, City became the first team in Premier League history to score three first-half goals in back-to-back matches despite conceding first in each game - having also done so against Aston Villa

Did you know that yesterday we became the first PL club to score three times in the first half after conceding in consecutive games ! ;)

• Haha 1