Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

2 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Remarkable stat this.

Since their foundation in 1884, Leicester City (Fosse) have won every game in which they've scored more goals than the opposition.

What about the games where we’ve won by an own goal?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Just thinking about tomorrow's game and the return of Andy King, who as we all know, he won the League One, Championship and Premier League titles with us in 2009, 2014 and 2016 respectively - making him the first and only player to win the top three divisions with the same team in the Premier League era

Does anyone know who are the players that have done it in the non-Premier League era? 

Ipswich Town players. Ted Phillips for example

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

Aug 31st, 1963 against Arsenal according to Transfermarkt

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leicester-city/rekordspiele/verein/1003

Was there they were down to 10 men and had their striker Joe Baker in goal. If I remember correctly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Was there they were down to 10 men and had their striker Joe Baker in goal. If I remember correctly.

I was also there, and you are right about Joe Baker going in goal. The pitch was an absolute quagmire if I remember right.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Phube said:

Since football was invented (1992) this Sunday will be the first time two Premier League winners have played each other in the Second Tier. 

Of the Pre 1992 winners, there has already been a game outside the top 2 divisions this season.

For a bonus point can anyone name the fixture.

4 hours ago, Nalis said:

What former english champions have played each other in the fourth tier? I know of one fixture that I wont spoil if others want to guess but thinking their might be more?

Huddersfield against Portsmouth in the seventies? Burnley against Preston in the eighties? Burnley against Wolves in the eighties? Preston against Wolves, also in the eighties? I suspect there are also quite a few other examples.

Edited by String fellow
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Huddersfield against Portsmouth in the seventies? Burnley against Preston in the eighties? Burnley against Wolves in the eighties? Preston against Wolves, also in the eighties? I suspect there are also quite a few other examples.

I think you win, I only got Burnley v Wolves. I think Sheffield United were in the 4th tier at some point too.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

On 26/09/2023 at 17:25, Phube said:

Just heard a companion stat: 

This calendar year Leicester has scored more Premier League goals than Chelsea !

Another one to add:

Chelsea's points per game over the last 35 league matches is 0.8. 

That would get you relegated in every single Premier League season and have you finish bottom or joint-bottom in the seasons 1997, 1998, 2005, 2009, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2018.

2 hours ago, Nalis said:

I think you win, I only got Burnley v Wolves. I think Sheffield United were in the 4th tier at some point too.

Burnley against Wolves and vice versa is almost certainly the only fixture of former winners currently in the PL that has also been played in the fourth tier. Sheffield Utd were in the bottom division for only one season, but didn't play any other club that had previously won the title that year (apart from Arsenal in the League Cup). 

Edited by String fellow
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Burnley against Wolves and vice versa is almost certainly the only fixture of former winners currently in the PL that has also been played in the fourth tier. Sheffield Utd were in the bottom division for only one season, but didn't play any other club that had previously won the title that year (apart from Arsenal in the League Cup). 

My head is spinning 

• Haha 1