Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Phube

Crazy Stat Time!

73/74 was a good season, finished 9th, should have done better with the team they had. Did the double over Arsenal, beat Man U twice in Sept, drew twice with Champions Leeds and semi final FA cup.

Worthington scored 25 goals.

Always a great team to watch in the 70s but frustrating they did not achieve much

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

3rd place Leeds are now closer to the relegation zone (13 points ahead of Rotherham in 22nd) than they are to us (14 points ahead)

Baffling really given they've got Xavi in midfield and Ronaldinho & Rivaldo in attack. Farke must be on thin ice.

2 hours ago, kushiro said:

November / December 1973.

Newcastle 1-0

Burnley 2-0

Spurs 3-0

QPR 2-0

Here's the report on game 4:

lasy.png

Thanks for posting. Fairly certain I attended all those games but I can’t remember anything about them. Very surprised by the low attendance, there were some fabulous players playing that day. A very good Rangers side that would finish close runners up to Liverpool two seasons later.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Baffling really given they've got Xavi in midfield and Ronaldinho & Rivaldo in attack. Farke must be on thin ice.

I mean we all know Ethan Ampadu is the greatest midfielder to ever walk the earth so you'd expect Farke to be sacked soon for such underperformance 

11 hours ago, onekeithweller said:

Thanks for posting. Fairly certain I attended all those games but I can’t remember anything about them. Very surprised by the low attendance, there were some fabulous players playing that day. A very good Rangers side that would finish close runners up to Liverpool two seasons later.

11 hours ago, onekeithweller said:

QPR finished 8th one place above us 73/74 season. Low attendance was probably due to weather and three day week and power strikes

Edited by Dorkingfox
  • Like 1

On 25/10/2023 at 23:34, FOXSE said:

Burnley were top of the league last season having got 35 points after 18 games. We could lose the next 5 games and still be 1 point better off than where they were... crazy.

Judging by their performances to date  we need to do much better  than them to have confidence in the Premier

On 27/10/2023 at 10:14, Foxmeister said:

Bristol City's run ended on 14 so 3 more for outright record.

They lost their first game, then won 14 on the trot, so it was 14 wins from their first 15 games, and one of those wins was against Leicester Fosse! They had no interruptions for cup games, unlike City this season.