Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

The best free HD video calling software to use through laptops?

Guest CityFan 06

Hi all,

Wondered if anyone can help me out here. Basically, my friend has a windows based laptop, where as I have a Chrome operating system. We want to video call each other but finding the right software is proving to be difficult. We have tried skype, and that one works the best out of all them, however the connection as the call goes on becomes more and more pix elated, and sometimes the connection will drop out completely, but most of the time we have to go off the call and restart it again instead. We then tried Google Hangouts and although the picture quality during the video call was better, any movement from either user would be very very slow, and sticking for all of the duration. I did wonder if that was because we were video calling through the website instead of the app download? Not sure if that would have any effect or not.

So, furthermore we then had a quick attempt at Viber which didn't work anyway, as the set up could not work for some reason I can't remember. The only one we haven't tried is ooVoo if anyone's had any experiences with that?

I'm struggling to think what other software to use. I'm presuming the issue occurs because my laptop is a chrome OS, where as my friend's is a windows based platform. That's the only thing I can think of that is causing the problem. Our wi fi connections are decent enough so wouldn't think it would be that, I mean it could be that but I wouldn't of thought so.

Finally, in short if anyone has any good experiences with a particular good video calling software, that is simple to set up, easy to use and offers free HD video calls, please feel free to let me know. 

Any suggestions and replies welcome & appreciated.
Many Thanks!

Guest CityFan 06

Thanks for pointing me towards that app. My download speed is 16.22. My upload speed is 1.04. But, another thing is that whenever my friend and I try FaceTime on iPhone when we're in the same room, it works. He goes to another location, it continually says connecting and doesn't seem to work.

Thanks for pointing me towards that app. My download speed is 16.22. My upload speed is 1.04. But, another thing is that whenever my friend and I try FaceTime on iPhone when we're in the same room, it works. He goes to another location, it continually says connecting and doesn't seem to work.

Your connection should be decent enough for reasonable video quality, doesn't mean your friend's is. Next time you're in a call Skype can tell you how good your connection is, click the  fa1417_1.png button.

Guest CityFan 06

Your connection should be decent enough for reasonable video quality, doesn't mean your friend's is. Next time you're in a call Skype can tell you how good your connection is, click the fa1417_1.png button.

Many thanks for your help on this. This is useful for me.

Hi all,

Wondered if anyone can help me out here. Basically, my friend has a windows based laptop, where as I have a Chrome operating system. We want to video call each other but finding the right software is proving to be difficult. We have tried skype, and that one works the best out of all them, however the connection as the call goes on becomes more and more pix elated, and sometimes the connection will drop out completely, but most of the time we have to go off the call and restart it again instead. We then tried Google Hangouts and although the picture quality during the video call was better, any movement from either user would be very very slow, and sticking for all of the duration. I did wonder if that was because we were video calling through the website instead of the app download? Not sure if that would have any effect or not.

So, furthermore we then had a quick attempt at Viber which didn't work anyway, as the set up could not work for some reason I can't remember. The only one we haven't tried is ooVoo if anyone's had any experiences with that?

I'm struggling to think what other software to use. I'm presuming the issue occurs because my laptop is a chrome OS, where as my friend's is a windows based platform. That's the only thing I can think of that is causing the problem. Our wi fi connections are decent enough so wouldn't think it would be that, I mean it could be that but I wouldn't of thought so.

Finally, in short if anyone has any good experiences with a particular good video calling software, that is simple to set up, easy to use and offers free HD video calls, please feel free to let me know. 

Any suggestions and replies welcome & appreciated.

Many Thanks!

Some of these Russian bride connections can be "bumpy".

Archived