Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingcarr21

Old games you want your kids to play

I've been trying to get my 9 year old daughter to play on the Wii more. I've got a variety of N64 games off the virtual console that I know she would enjoy but she always wasn't interested.

I've finally convinced her to give Paper Mario a go. 10 mins in and she is hooked. I got home yesterday and she wanted to go straight on it to continue the story. Love the fact I can relive some classic games through my daughter. Now to convince her to play Zelda lol

So are there any old games you would love your child to get into knowing how much you enjoyed them when you were younger?

how is paper mario classic?

As RPGs go it was very enjoyable. Different to the other types of RPGs like final fantasy. Hence why I see it as a classic. Not quite in the same league as the likes of Goldeneye etc but still a classic game in my eyes.

As RPGs go it was very enjoyable. Different to the other types of RPGs like final fantasy. Hence why I see it as a classic. Not quite in the same league as the likes of Goldeneye etc but still a classic game in my eyes.

fair enough. It's probably been out far longer  than i think,i got told at the pub my juke box choices were a decade old at  least! 

fair enough. It's probably been out far longer  than i think,i got told at the pub my juke box choices were a decade old at  least! 

Think it was about 15 years ago it was first released.

Im exactly the same. I pick a song and people say that song is well old. Im like nah only about 2 years old when in fact its about 8-9 years. Madness

I loved Zombies ate my Neighbours, great fun

When I have a kid, they won't be allowed any new games until they've completed Alex Kidd in Miracle World (no emulators, no saves)

I had Alex Kidd in Shinobi World. Such a hard game. Would love to give it a go now.

Pokémon Red and Blue. Any offspring that doesn't know you have to trade a Haunter for it to evolve into a Gengar is no child of mine.

I've tried to get my daughter into it but to no avail. Saying that though some of her classmates are getting into it so there is still hope. A child who doesn't know who missingno is has failed in life lol

Desert Bus, obviously. Sadly never actually released but it sounds terrific.

http://www.newyorker.com/tech/elements/desert-bus-the-very-worst-video-game-ever-created

I think my children would find it character building

Driving a bus from one spot to another in real time? Eight hours straight, then another eight hours back... Now that's a challenge.

You can also play it on the web:

http://desertbus-game.org/plain-index.php

Warcraft 2 and 3

Baldurs gate

Sonic the hedgehog

Good shouts, was going to say BG2 and Sonic, but Warcraft 3 was also brilliant (especially if you include the custom games).

Will also add Streets of Rage to that list.

Archived