Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Best storage amount to have on an Xbox One

Guest CityFan 06

I am considering buying an Xbox one at some stage, but unsure what the best amount of storage is to have on the console. I'd probably have a few games such as GTAV, FIFA and Call of Duty Black Ops and would want to do game saves on those, as well as saving teams on FIFA etc.

Do you reckon 500gb would be enough memory? Or should I go for more such as 1TB?

Does anyone have any experiences with using a particular storage on an Xbox one, if so I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks.

If you are buying games traditionally ie on disk go for the smaller option if you are purchasing them digitally might be worth going for the larger option. As ever though think about the games you'll be playing, if you are one of those who mostly buy yearly releases like FIFA, CoD or Assassin's Creed every time you buy the new instalment you can delete the data of the previous one. Are you really going to play the older game again? Probably not. Also will you be installing apps like Netflix or Curzon that also take up memory space.

If you are buying games traditionally ie on disk go for the smaller option if you are purchasing them digitally might be worth going for the larger option.

You still have to install the game on to the hard drive when you buy a hard copy.

It depends how much the difference in price is. I have a 500Gb one and it filled up really quickly. Games like GTA, Forza, are 50-odd gig. I bought a 2Tb external hard drive for £40 and have installed 28 games onto it so far and still have 1.3Tb total storage available.

Even games I may never play again are installed on there just incase I fancy a go on one, no hassle of having to Re-install it.

Get the 500Gb and an ext hard drive.

That's the problem with the Xbox One, yu have to install every single game you want to play so you are bound to use up your storage more quickly.

Just depends on the price difference. If there's only 20 quid in it then it might be worth going for the bigger storage option.

Guest CityFan 06

Thanks for all your info everyone. This will help me when I do purchase an Xbox one at some stage as I can use this research to decide on the best buy.

I'm occasionally trying to look at the best offers now and again on sites such as Amazon etc. Some of the games I'll have to buy separately if they don't come with the deal.

I've heard that you can play Xbox 360 games now on an Xbox one. Anyone know if this is true?

Archived