Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Spurs AWAY FA Cup Third Round post match thread 2 - 2

because he is a stupid cvnt thats what weve all been saying mate 

Explain to it to me. The ref didn't see anything and just blew his whistle on the off chance that something happened? Think about it ffs. It was a harsh decision but these things happen. Show a bit of dignity.

All in favour of webbo being banned from this thread say "aye".

You're a cheeky git lol. You've had that many pointless arguments on here it's unbelievable.

I'm not offended if people want to disagree with me.

All in favour of webbo being banned from this thread say "aye".

Aye.

If other people get banned for the most petty of things lets have some consistancy, and i'm all for everyone bein entitled to an opinion usually.

There is no way the ref could have seen Dyer's hand hit the ball unless he has some of those xray glasses out of Bond. What he probably did see was the ball suddenly change direction followed by their protests. Very, very harsh penalty imo.

Explain to it to me. The ref didn't see anything and just blew his whistle on the off chance that something happened? Think about it ffs. It was a harsh decision but these things happen. Show a bit of dignity.

Because he saw the second handball of Rose and reacted to their protests.

Because he just reacted to their protests.

Because he was just mistaken.

Because it was clearly a dive and worthy of a yellow card. Oh sorry that was last season in the same fecking game, where he saw something that didn't pissing happen.

lol Look at it - the ball is directly in front of rose, the ref directly behind. It isn't humanly possible to see it from his position. He's just taken a random guess because of Roses ridiculous protests.

Much as Dyers been done by an absolutely abysmal decision, it really just capped off his performance, completely ineffective and I don't understand why Gray was hooked instead of him, or why Mahrez didn't come on in addition to Albrighton.

I'll agree with that bit.

Disappointed by the dodgy handball.

I think Kante knew he was only on for 45, and instructed to stay fit. By half time it was clear that Inler and King could cope.

Dyer was awful. The last sub should have been Simpson on for Dyer at about 75 min, and push De Laet forward.

I do not want to see Dyer play for us again after Bournemouth and this match. The penalty was dubious, but Rose was well covered so didn't need that sort of tackle.

Wasyl MOTM for me. A true Legend (and I was on at 20/1 too).

For me this all raises the question of playbacks once more.

Recognising how shamefully corrupt FIFA has been shown to be and how many players have been involved in various scandals over the years I've long failed to understand why football is so damned reluctant to allow video playbacks as a means of deciding uncertain situations.

And yet they are. Why?

Rugby and tennis use playbacks and it seems to work wonderfully. I'm not saying it guarantees the fair outcome but it helps enormously. So why not in football. Today's issue could have been sorted in seconds and we'd have doubtless been through to the next round as we'd deserved assuming Spurs didn't fashion something else in those closing minutes which didn't seem likely and which was very unlikely from the situation in which they were given a free goal.      

Disappointed by the dodgy handball.

I think Kante knew he was only on for 45, and instructed to stay fit. By half time it was clear that Inler and King could cope.

Dyer was awful. The last sub should have been Simpson on for Dyer at about 75 min, and push De Laet forward.

I do not want to see Dyer play for us again after Bournemouth and this match. The penalty was dubious, but Rose was well covered so didn't need that sort of tackle.

Wasyl MOTM for me. A true Legend (and I was on at 20/1 too).

What tackle? Dyers blocked him out, the ball has bounced up as Rose has tried to drive past and as Dyer turns to follow the run it hits his hand. Dyer couldn't avoid that.

For me this all raises the question of playbacks once more.

Recognising how shamefully corrupt FIFA has been shown to be and how many players have been involved in various scandals over the years I've long failed to understand why football is so damned reluctant to allow video playbacks as a means of deciding uncertain situations.

And yet they are. Why?

Rugby and tennis use playbacks and it seems to work wonderfully. I'm not saying it guarantees the fair outcome but it helps enormously. So why not in football. Today's issue could have been sorted in seconds and we'd have doubtless been through to the next round as we'd deserved assuming Spurs didn't fashion something else in those closing minutes which didn't seem likely and which was very unlikely from the situation in which they were given a free goal.      

Even if video playback was in place, that "handball" is still open to interpretation. Yes it was involuntary, but it did move the ball away out of his path. Personally I think it was harsh.

Archived