Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

When exuberant support gets a little too much

I swear some people won't stop their crusade until we have Tigers levels of support.

What people who can have a pint watching Rugby without the need to be a twat ?

Let me remind you one of our "supporters" shoved a steaming hot pie in a mans face because he was wearing a black an gold training top from a leics local football team !

Maybe we do need to have some cleansing of the support ! 

Can remember being at Peterborough once (when it was standing - that stand has been replaced now) and it was so bad people were doing this. People had to get out at the front.

League 1 season...pissing at the back of the stand.Don't know their born!lol

some #lad near me at doncaster a few years ago (yakubu scored an equaliser in a game with the shittest atmosphere on record, in a season that was already dead) and he genuinely stood on the top bar of his chair and frog leaped an old woman in front of him, crashed down onto an empty row (that's how shit the away end was), hobble back up a few moments later for the poznan (that's how shit the away end was) and then spent the last half hour of the game asking his lad mates if they saw how mental the celebrations for the goal were

stupid nonce 

some #lad near me at doncaster a few years ago (yakubu scored an equaliser in a game with the shittest atmosphere on record, in a season that was already dead) and he genuinely stood on the top bar of his chair and frog leaped an old woman in front of him, crashed down onto an empty row (that's how shit the away end was), hobble back up a few moments later for the poznan (that's how shit the away end was) and then spent the last half hour of the game asking his lad mates if they saw how mental the celebrations for the goal were

stupid nonce 

lol Dear god. Won some lad points though right?

This thread epitomises the reason why I rarely post on here anymore.

A large majority of you will also be moaning at the lack of 'scenes' from lower rows on the TV yet then moan about getting nudged during a goal celebration ffs.

Don't bother going if you're scared of getting touched when we score a goal.

As a rule, I think when you're the away fans it's always going to be a bit more over the top, which is usually fine, but there's a line which is a lot easier to cross if it's totally unnecessary. I can understand there being 'scenes' if we scored in the last minute of the final, but in a third round tie at Tottenham what's the point? I went to the Northampton game yesterday as a neutral and the MK Dons fans bought smoke bombs and were clearly looking for trouble. Granted, it's probably a derby game for them, but they're two leagues apart (for now). I'd like to think we wouldn't be doing stuff like that at Coventry...

This wouldn't and couldn't happen with safe standing. For me, introducing it ASAP is a no brainier. With away fans mainly standing in seated areas, these things are bound to happen unfortunately. Safe standing works on the continent but yet again we drag our heels in the so called 'best league in the world'.

You're very possibly right but until safe standing is introduced (and let's be honest, that isn't happening any time soon if ever) then such idiots should be slung out and not allowed back in.

A large majority of you will also be moaning at the lack of 'scenes' from lower rows on the TV yet then moan about getting nudged during a goal celebration ffs.

:yawn: Please quote where anyone has moaned about getting touched or nudged. I can only see people discussing idiots deliberately diving several rows down onto unexpecting fans below. Hardly the same as getting nudged is it.

Im all for an exuberant celebration, wasnt there today but I am there Wednesday and i hope im celebrating a winner exuberantly

But theres a difference between celebrating, and deliberately being an idiot, and my god have I seen some idiots at aways with Leicester.

I appreciate its not a problem exclusive to Leicester, but pies in faces, racism, fans turning on each other at matches last season, and fans now seemingly deliberately jumping into each other.

Lets cut this nonsense out lads.

fans turning on each other at matches last season,

happens most weeks up in sk1, against bournemouth a man old enough to know better was trying to beat up a bunch of 16-17yrs, a few weeks prior a bloke in his 30's started on one of our own because he was asked to move from a seat that wasn't his. my experience is the older ones who behave like knuckle draggers

Please go back to not posting

You add nothing to the debate you halfwit !

happens most weeks up in sk1, against bournemouth a man old enough to know better was trying to beat up a bunch of 16-17yrs, a few weeks prior a bloke in his 30's started on one of our own because he was asked to move from a seat that wasn't his. my experience is the older ones who behave like knuckle draggers

They unfortunately are the dinosaurs we will have to wait to die off

Looking at the fat bellies on them we won't be waiting long !

If you celebrate a goal sitting down then I'm sorry but you're in the wrong sport.

As for the other suggestion that an FA Cup goal should be celebrated any less than a league goal, I can't even lol

Where did anyone say it should be celebrated less?

Always thought you were a decent fella but now, with your holier than thou ultras attitude, you're coming across a complete plank.

I was simply implying that Was' header (for me) would not have sent me flying many rows and jumping on backs of oaps and kids.

How come you can't see that the people this bloke is talking about are just dicks? Not footy fans celebrating a goal properly but arses dicking around vying for LADpoints?

There was some young lads in the concourse today before the game acting like right twats. Should know better.

That same group are away from home often

At West Ham last season one of the old knuckle draggers clipped one around the ear "Harry" , it was so funny

Young Harry "what the fu*k did you do that for "

Old knuckle dragger "because kicking your teeth in wasn't needed , yet "

lol

Im all for an exuberant celebration, wasnt there today but I am there Wednesday and i hope im celebrating a winner exuberantly

But theres a difference between celebrating, and deliberately being an idiot, and my god have I seen some idiots at aways with Leicester.

I appreciate its not a problem exclusive to Leicester, but pies in faces, racism, fans turning on each other at matches last season, and fans now seemingly deliberately jumping into each other.

Lets cut this nonsense out lads.

Well said

Let's face it being a City fan doesn't exclude you from being a complete and utter tosser, regardless of age.

I haven't been Spurs in years but I thought their stewards had a reputation for dragging people out for breathing.

Archived