Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

When exuberant support gets a little too much

Are you serious ? These idiots do it with seats in front of them , how on earth is standing going to stop that ?  There is no such thing as safe standing and these clowns prove it.

Do you even know what safe standing is?!

You can tell by his answer that he doesn't. Almost every argument I've seen made against rail seats is based on a misunderstanding of what they are and how they work. 

Exactly. I don't know how people are going to run into the back of you when there is a 4 ft metal bar in front of them rather than a 1 ft back of a plastic chair.

If you celebrate a goal sitting down then I'm sorry but you're in the wrong sport.

As for the other suggestion that an FA Cup goal should be celebrated any less than a league goal, I can't even lol

I didn't word that we'll, of course I don't stay seated when we actually score, but neither do I launch people down to the front. My point being that if the ground isn't designed for safe standing, the seats being there make it dangerous to do so for the entire game imo.

Are you serious ? These idiots do it with seats in front of them , how on earth is standing going to stop that ?  There is no such thing as safe standing and these clowns prove it.

Rail seating, as used at some grounds in Germany and soon to be introduced at Celtic, has crush barriers on every row.

Therefore you'd have to be Colin Jackson to be able to vault them during a goal celebration.

Rail seating, as used at some grounds in Germany and soon to be introduced at Celtic, has crush barriers on every row.

Therefore you'd have to be Colin Jackson to be able to vault them during a goal celebration.

From a standing start as well, not sure even Colin could manage that. He needed a run up. lol

One thing I would add about WHL and in particular the upper tier, is that it is quite steep and also the clearance of the top of the chair from the row below to where you stand in the row above is very very shallow meaning falling over could be done much easier than at other grounds.

If someone is jumping down rows on purpose that is ridiculous and is preconceived which is not what celebrating a goal is about, that is just being a total dick, but I would say that even if that is happening that can only be a very small percentage of our fans. I go crazy at goals and did yesterday as I get a real buzz every time we score especially in an FA Cup tie as I would absolutely love us to win that cup, comfortably over finishing in the top 4. 

But if people are going to start giving out an 'acceptable celebration rank' based on the goals and the situations they happen in then I am afraid they really dont understand what it means following a team. People experience the game in different ways and certain people express their emotions differently. Enjoy supporting the club in what is an incredible season and if possible ignore the morons. 

I know there is no such thing as safe standing it does not exist except in peoples minds , hence my statement there is no such thing . 

Safe Standing isn't a concept its a specially designed stand format which involves 4ft barriers which, as already stated, are extremely difficult to jump over and built specifically to prevent rushes or an avalanche effect. it's virtually impossible and used in continental Europe to little or no incident as a result.

In effect people can think what the fvck they want but making the Safe Standing format dangerous would involve factors that no one can help and happen in seating areas, e.g. throwing objects or simply hitting someone.  

I don't even know where to start with that lol

I know there is no such thing as safe standing in this country it does not exist except in peoples minds , hence my statement there is no such thing . 

At least 25 league clubs, the Scottish Premier League, The Welsh Conservatives and countless thousands disagree with you.

Have a read... :)

http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe-standing/

Tottenham rows are quite a bit apart, meaning the next row is ankle height rather than knee height, so its quite easy to simply fall over into the next row when celebrating. There probably wasn't any malice in it. Although i did not see the incident

When we score people act differently, we are away from home with a second team and took the lead. Its going to be crazy in the stands. No difference to any other league club. 

While the campaigns for safe standing go on, in the meantime there should be rows 1-5 sitting for elderly, children and families. Then row 6 upwards standing. 

happens most weeks up in sk1, against bournemouth a man old enough to know better was trying to beat up a bunch of 16-17yrs, a few weeks prior a bloke in his 30's started on one of our own because he was asked to move from a seat that wasn't his. my experience is the older ones who behave like knuckle draggers

I may be wrong, but i swear the guy starting on those young lads was the same guy who absolutely s*** himself when some hard nut had ago at him at Brum pre season.

Yeah if you have ready access to a pogo stick or mini trampoline. I'd defy anyone to try and crowd surf over a row of rail seats or even terracing. You'd be relying on an almighty boost from someone.

Didn't someone's mate off here faceplant down a tunnel because they were climbing everywhere over barriers? Think it was stu?

I'm not attacking safe standing by any means, I'm all for it.

I'm just saying nothing will stop pissed up idiots annoying people. You're always going to get the odd div being a pratt regardless of how the stadium is constructed.

Didn't someone's mate off here faceplant down a tunnel because they were climbing everywhere over barriers? Think it was stu?

I'm not attacking safe standing by any means, I'm all for it.

I'm just saying nothing will stop pissed up idiots annoying people. You're always going to get the odd div being a pratt regardless of how the stadium is constructed.

Yes, you will get the odd div as you say. That can never be eliminated no matter what you do. Every club has them, every club will continue to have them. 

I know there is no such thing as safe standing in this country it does not exist except in peoples minds , hence my statement there is no such thing . 

fosse.jpg?w=500&h=545

article-2512484-19987A8900000578-725_306

See the difference? How is someone going to go into the back of you with that?

You having a laugh? It's about waist height and there's an easy leg up.

I want to iterate, I'm really in favour of safe standing. I want it to come in. But it's not going to be some sort of indestructible miracle cure that cuts out all bad behaviour in football and acting like it will is just silly and counter productive.

As stated, stupid people will be stupid people whatever the obstacle.

Archived