Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
An Away Move

When exuberant support gets a little too much

Safestanding may be introduced into a small section at the KP eventually which is fair enough. Will always be a minority section though as the majority still prefer to sit and those metal seats do look seriously uncomfortable.

Penned in like cattle at an abattoir ?   no thanks . And despite what some people think it's never going to happen here . 

Read the link I posted, nobody's "penned in like cattle".

And, er, it's already happened here. Celtic have given it the green light and a section of rail seats have been installed at Bristol City's ground pending a change in the rules.

You having a laugh? It's about waist height and there's an easy leg up.

I want to iterate, I'm really in favour of safe standing. I want it to come in. But it's not going to be some sort of indestructible miracle cure that cuts out all bad behaviour in football and acting like it will is just silly and counter productive.

As stated, stupid people will be stupid people whatever the obstacle.

We're talking about people swarming forward at the Spurs game. You can't do that with a massive pole in the way of you. Yes, you can get a leg up. Why would you? What would that achieve?

Penned in like cattle at an abattoir ?   no thanks . And despite what some people think it's never going to happen here . 

I can't tell if you're being serious or if you're an actual wum. It will happen and it is happening. I guess you're one of these that sit down all game shushing people who sing or make a noise.

Tottenham rows are quite a bit apart, meaning the next row is ankle height rather than knee height, so its quite easy to simply fall over into the next row when celebrating. There probably wasn't any malice in it. Although i did not see the incident

When we score people act differently, we are away from home with a second team and took the lead. Its going to be crazy in the stands. No difference to any other league club.

Apparently I haven't come across very well in this thread (not sure why, think I've been fair and I'm certainly not sorry my opinions on football support differ to yours SystonFox) but I would imagine CharlieCharles is bang on the money where he says 'no malice' in it.

Anyone who stands in a large group of mates (eg L1 or SK1) will have experience of tumbling over chairs. If you're in a mob, you score an important goal and your mates behind lean forward to celebrate with you in front you can easily topple over. Having your team score a goal is meant to trigger an explosion of emotions that can result in you losing your shit for a few moments - granted that can be dangerous for people in a surrounding area and in this case the lads involved should have tried to be conscious of those in the vicinity and definitely should have apologised for being clumsy/oblivious to their fellow fans if they didn't. Most of the time fans will successfully contain their celebrations within their group of mates but looks as though it didn't happen here for whatever reason.

But the fact is people are genuinely accusing some fans of leaping two rows forward in a Kamikaze style to injure kids or old boys. Can't believe that people can't see that is an absolutely laughable suggestion.

Apparently I haven't come across very well in this thread (not sure why, think I've been fair and I'm certainly not sorry my opinions on football support differ to yours SystonFox) but I would imagine CharlieCharles is bang on the money where he says 'no malice' in it.

Anyone who stands in a large group of mates (eg L1 or SK1) will have experience of tumbling over chairs. If you're in a mob, you score an important goal and your mates behind lean forward to celebrate with you in front you can easily topple over. Having your team score a goal is meant to trigger an explosion of emotions that can result in you losing your shit for a few moments - granted that can be dangerous for people in a surrounding area and in this case the lads involved should have tried to be conscious of those in the vicinity and definitely should have apologised for being clumsy/oblivious to their fellow fans if they didn't. Most of the time fans will successfully contain their celebrations within their group of mates but looks as though it didn't happen here for whatever reason.

But the fact is people are genuinely accusing some fans of leaping two rows forward in a Kamikaze style to injure kids or old boys. Can't believe that people can't see that is an absolutely laughable suggestion.

Laughable suggestion because you've not seen it before? Well clearly many of us have. Next you'll be telling us some of our fans don't do lines in the toilets at half time, because they do. Doesn't make the idea of them leaping across rows quite so unbelievable when they're off their tits. Nobody is accusing your little group. Some fans are absolute idiots, not just exclusive to Leicester, but they exist all the same.

Agreed. I find it hard to believe that someone has actually dived at someone to injure them. When we score emotions get the better of you. In the unlikely event it was on purpose then they are out of order.

Away days have always been "rowdy" and most probably will be for a long time.

Ive been punched in the head, headbutted and sprained my wrist when we have scored goals, all through someone elses actions. and thats just the past 3 seasons. It does happen, i can almost certainly guarantee none of them meant it, in fact one was extremely apologetic after.

We're talking about people swarming forward at the Spurs game. You can't do that with a massive pole in the way of you. Yes, you can get a leg up. Why would you? What would that achieve?

I can't tell if you're being serious or if you're an actual wum. It will happen and it is happening. I guess you're one of these that sit down all game shushing people who sing or make a noise.

Just an opinion that's all I'm not on the wind up  . I know i would never pay good money to be penned in like those pictures depicted. I mean is it really worth that kind of constraint just to stand ? It's a testament to human nature . People simply cannot be trusted to behave themselves  . For the record I sit in the Kop shout my self hoarse  and f and blind with the best of them .

Just an opinion that's all I'm not on the wind up  . I know i would never pay good money to be penned in like those pictures depicted. I mean is it really worth that kind of constraint just to stand ? It's a testament to human nature . People simply cannot be trusted to behave themselves  . For the record I sit in the Kop shout my self hoarse  and f and blind with the best of them .

I defy you to find a picture of rail seating in use where anyone is "penned in". Did you read the link I posted?

I defy you to find a picture of rail seating in use where anyone is "penned in". Did you read the link I posted?

If it's such a wonderful idea why do they have to have metal barriers running the full length of the rows then ? what are they supposed to prevent ? Rhetorical question really I know full well. And what exactly does it make any difference if you are standing or sitting ?

If it's an accident then apologise. Simple really it's just courtesy

If it's such a wonderful idea why do they have to have metal barriers running the full length of the rows then ? what are they supposed to prevent ? Rhetorical question really I know full well. And what exactly does it make any difference if you are standing or sitting ?

Because some people prefer to stand, like our whole away end yesterday for example. The barriers (I'm going to answer your question anyway) prevent crushes, people being penned in like cattle (as you're so fond of saying) and you can have a good lean on them if you're so inclined.

Because some people prefer to stand, like our whole away end yesterday for example. The barriers (I'm going to answer your question anyway) prevent crushes, people being penned in like cattle (as you're so fond of saying) and you can have a good lean on them if you're so inclined.

Ok fair enough. But seating already prevents all of those things ?

That is part of the idea lol

What difference does it make?! It's the whole enjoyment of going to the football for a lot of people. If you suggested sitting down in Europe there are entire clubs who would laugh in your face.

Ok fair enough. But seating already prevents all of those things ?

But a signinficantly lage minority of people at home, and the vast majority away, prefer to stand. In any case, it wouldn't prevent people bumping into each other during goal celebrations when everyone's on their feet.

They're to prevent people going into the back of you or you toppling in front of people. It makes a massive difference. I don't enjoy watching city sat down so I'm one of the thousands that stand at the back of SK1.

Exactly. You're sat down. Some of us, and there is a considerable demand for people who want to stand up who feel that they're unable to show the same levels of passion being sat next to someone which is one of the reasons why our away support is amazing because everyone stands.

On another note why are the clappers thrown forward at the end of the match? Seems to be the trend for some reason only a matter of time until someone gets hurt.

i'm surprised we're allowed them considering they won't even let you take bottle caps upstairs in some concourses. Someone threw one at the United game and it cut the back of my head.

I'm not having that at all. Penned in? Penned into what?

That is part of the idea lol

What difference does it make?! It's the whole enjoyment of going to the football for a lot of people. If you suggested sitting down in Europe there are entire clubs who would laugh in your face.

"Laugh in your face" oeerr.. Who cares what the continent does/says? We led the way in every aspect of "terrace behaviour" they can laugh all they want. You clowns look to them for inspiration and its pathetic.

I want rail seating as it goes, but you watch from the comfort of your living room, what do you know??

People who are against safe standing are so clueless its unreal. 95% of them have never even read what it is about to have a real opinion on it. If Safe Standing is introduced (which it eventually will be) it wont be the whole stand so you can still sit down and watch the game in silence.

Literally this thread consists off anyone disagreeing with anyone being called petty names.

Quite embarrassing really.

Archived