Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Arsenal away joke

like that would happen. 

Ha, no chance.

Wouldn't affect anyone. Sky wouldn't a care a bit.

It would be unprecedented. There has never been a completely empty away game live on Sky. It would at the very least send a very strong message to Sky that if you mess supporters around, they won't stand for it. The atmosphere in the Premier League (especially away fans) is a huge part of their 'brand'. 

****ing wonderful.

we have paid for 6 tickets on the train and they are non-refundable, we only did this as sky and bt had 2 games both days already listed.

We now have to either re buy tickets at a cost of £30 quid each or not go.

Best we can do with our existing tickets is move them to the watford game and go into london and back out again!!

i really do hate modern football.

Ha, no chance.

It would be unprecedented. There has never been a completely empty away game live on Sky. It would at the very least send a very strong message to Sky that if you mess supporters around, they won't stand for it. The atmosphere in the Premier League (especially away fans) is a huge part of their 'brand'. 

Sky aren't the ones that would lose out if an away end was empty. They still get to show the game, they still get paid for advertising and they still have all their subscribers. Its the clubs that would lose out from ticket sales.

Nice that someone sees this as an opportunity to be smug about their own little gain while others realise they've wasted their money.

But then that's the kind of person you seem to be. Uncaring.

Sounds deep, hope he calls you back mate.

Don't go in all guns blazing at Jim, he's genuinely a top bloke and does a LOT behind the scenes. Get your frustration across of course, but don't use him as your punching bag becasue that's not fair on the bloke.

Oh no I wouldn't do that to Jim, he's helped me a couple of times in the past when nobody else at the TO could be bothered so I know him a little bit.

Just spoke to Radio Leicester ... They sent me a tweet and I rang them in response. They will be running an article (and a feature on RL tomorrow) and they have contacted the Premier League for their opinion of it all.

Apparently I'll be on the feature tomorrow lol Should be fun.

Just spoke to Radio Leicester ... They sent me a tweet and I rang them in response. They will be running an article (and a feature on RL tomorrow) and they have contacted the Premier League for their opinion of it all.

Apparently I'll be on the feature tomorrow lol Should be fun.

you have really gone about this the right way. had the rant and then got on fixing it! I look forward to hearing what happens on this! 

Oh no I wouldn't do that to Jim, he's helped me a couple of times in the past when nobody else at the TO could be bothered so I know him a little bit.

Fair enough, but I think as the visible 'face' of the club, he's going to get a lot of stick for this and he's literally got nothing to do with it! 

You're in some sort of dream land lol

Hi all,

More from Union FS on this later but in the meantime, please continue to post how you have been affected (what money it's lost you, other plans that have been scuppered, accommodation bookings ruined and work schedules disrupted).

As part of our response, we will pull together the information and intend to issue a template letter for fans to issue to all bodies involved in the decision making.

This is by far the worst City have been affected. We hope that all of us pull together and show solidarity ahead of and on the day. As above, more to come.

Union FS

Something has to be done about this, it's absolutely scandalous to move a game with just three weeks notice after TV selections for February had already been announced in December.

It clearly states on the Premier League website that, 'For fixtures from December onwards, live TV matches are mostly confirmed on a month-by-month basis. The Premier League will seek to confirm live TV matches approximately five or six weeks prior to the start of the month in question. For example, December selections are typically confirmed in mid-October.'

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/fixture-changes-explained.html

I had booked holiday for this game and have already purchased train tickets and a match ticket, both of which are non-refundable. I doubt I will be able to go with the game being on a Sunday and if I can, it will be at a further expense.

On a personal level I'm most pissed off bout the home game being moved as there's little chance i'll be able to get home and back to uni, and even if I can it will cost a bomb at peak times.

But the contempt they have shown for the guys going or hand planned to go to Arsenal and Watford and just fans in general is of monumental proportions. The governing bodies need to sort out their rules so there is only a small allowance for games to be moved, especially when they are being moved by days rather than hours. Of course they won't though as I'm sure Sky's ethical leader may just (Allegedly) bung some money in already corrupt pockets.

Something has to be done about this, it's absolutely scandalous to move a game with just three weeks notice after TV selections for February had already been announced in December.

It clearly states on the Premier League website that, 'For fixtures from December onwards, live TV matches are mostly confirmed on a month-by-month basis. The Premier League will seek to confirm live TV matches approximately five or six weeks prior to the start of the month in question. For example, December selections are typically confirmed in mid-October.'

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/fixture-changes-explained.html

I had booked holiday for this game and have already purchased train tickets and a match ticket, both of which are non-refundable. I doubt I will be able to go with the game being on a Sunday and if I can, it will be at a further expense.

What they will do there is focus on the word "approximately"

Typically got my train tickets last night. How annoying. Luckily for the weekend but will have to rush out the game to get home.

I'll buy 2 away end tickets if any are going. My 2 are in the home end which taints things further!!!

Archived