Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

Arsenal away joke

One of the blokes I go with is cancelling his subscription also.

**** em mate, I'll save a fortune a month too

I cancelled ages ago and haven't look back

The answer is.....find a mate or family friend who's rich and doesn't give a shit, and ask them to pay an extra £5 a month for Sky Extra (which they won't mind doing cos they like you) then get their Sky log in details of em and watch it for free on your PC, Laptop, tablet or through your large screen TV via your PS3 like I do.

Statement on the Arsenal website.

Arsenal v Leicester City

Sunday, February 14 (originally Saturday, February 13)

Kick-off: 12.00pm

Live on: SKY SPORTS

The Premier League usually seeks to give at least six weeks’ notice of changes to dates due to TV selections, however this is not always possible. We appreciate that this late fixture change will cause inconvenience to supporters but this decision is out of our control.

Why didn't they stand up to Sky but I suppose like most clubs they haven't got the guts to do it.​

How is it "not possible" in this instance?

What I can't get my head around is that they've announced this on the same day as the other fixtures for March. Surely somebody made this decision a week ago or something rather than yesterday.

I can understand announcing all the March games at once but when you've got this random game thrown in as well why not just announce it Asap?

Luckily me and my mate made no plans for travel or accommodation and can still make sunday, but know lots of people who can't. Such as shame, this had the potential to be the best away day of the season - London, Saturday, 3pm, cheap tickets etc. Great work Union FS as always and will join in with the concourse protest

How is it "not possible" in this instance?

What I can't get my head around is that they've announced this on the same day as the other fixtures for March. Surely somebody made this decision a week ago or something rather than yesterday.

I can understand announcing all the March games at once but when you've got this random game thrown in as well why not just announce it Asap?

They initially announced that Villa v Liverpool would be 1:30pm on the Sunday, now that's been moved to 2:05pm to shoehorn our game in beforehand.

It's not like we've snuck to the top out of nowhere in the past few weeks though. We've been at the top all along and so have Arsenal. I still don't get it.

Sky will crash and burn and the prem will go up in flames if kodi boxes continue to enter people's homes the way they are and nothing can be done to stop it.

So to protest, just buy a box and cancel your subscription!

Exactly this. Cancelled mine at the start of the season. Watched every game I wanted for free. **** you sky.

That statement really clears up the issue, you have to say. "We don't normally do this so late, we did this time, your clubs might do something to help (horse, stable, bolted, shut and door spring to mind) but we can't tell you yet".

Have never given Murdoch a penny. Fvcking hate him and everything he's done in our media. Only coming from Oxford so can get a bus-feel for those who have lost money.

The definite answer is boycott Sky and get illegal streams online. If you keep paying he'll keep fvcking football...

They'll always be the paid kodi subscriptions even if the free ones disappear. Still saves hundreds and hundreds a year for the same quality.

Yes but whose cameras record the games that are getting streamed. Its great for us for now but it does all seem a bit simple to be able to watch live football, its kind of like when satelite tv originally came in and was free until it became popular, or when windows came out and strangly you could put a certain serial number in and you'd get it for free.

Alot of the paid for ones are someone just restreaming their own paid subscription to sky etc. All the games are shown on nbc so encoding wouldn't stop anything.

Thats okay but youre relying on someone not getting bored,or nicked, of streaming their stuff.

Statement on the Arsenal website.

Arsenal v Leicester City

Sunday, February 14 (originally Saturday, February 13)

Kick-off: 12.00pm

Live on: SKY SPORTS

The Premier League usually seeks to give at least six weeks’ notice of changes to dates due to TV selections, however this is not always possible. We appreciate that this late fixture change will cause inconvenience to supporters but this decision is out of our control.

Why didn't they stand up to Sky but I suppose like most clubs they haven't got the guts to do it.​

'However this is not always possible'

What the fact that some producer at Sky Sports realises that they didn't pick a game three games ago? It's a joke. There's no logistical reason behind the choice other than Sky realising they were about to miss out on a decent audience figure

What's this Babs? Never heard of it and sick of Sky's service...

I'm genuinely going to cancel mine tomorrow. Tried at 807pm tonight but the lines shut at 8pm.

I'm going to give them 23 days notice too.

What are these kodi boxes? Care to PM me?

lol 23 days notice brilliant. Not sure it will wash though haha.

I'd also like to know about these Kodi boxes.

If you aren't winding me up... have a look in general chat for the kodi thread!!

:thumbup:

Yes but whose cameras record the games that are getting streamed. Its great for us for now but it does all seem a bit simple to be able to watch live football, its kind of like when satelite tv originally came in and was free until it became popular, or when windows came out and strangly you could put a certain serial number in and you'd get it for free.

The premier league cameras are the ones that film it at the minute not Sky. The premier league have their own production team and broadcast unit that they sell the rights to all the other countries (this is on every single premier league game). Sky do there own thing for this country. So even without Sky the streams would exist. 

Spoke to Jim Donnely this morning & he told me to hold fire on selling match tickets & re booking trains.

They are having an internal meeting at the club today to decide how they are going to deal with people's losses on travel arrangements. They are hopeful of an announcement later today.

They will need proof of your original train ticket thoughz

Spoke to Jim Donnely this morning & he told me to hold fire on selling match tickets & re booking trains.

They are having an internal meeting at the club today to decide how they are going to deal with people's losses on travel arrangements. They are hopeful of an announcement later today.

Bet they just put extra free coaches on which nobody will want to catch!

Free coaches for everyone... and 50% off last seasons shirt... I can see it now. :D

Considering they get £1m each for the game being on TV, the least City and Arsenal can do is sort out refunds.

Archived