Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
totbl

Earl Shilton - what's it like?

And that's coming from what?

Probs driving through it once and word of mouth from what some other bloke who also drove through it I presume.

It's a decent sized town (10,000 + or there abouts) so it's gonna have some dregs about but you could say that about any town anywhere. There's not much there other than the High street but the connection to Hinckley/Nuneaton (not that you'd want to go to mini-Cov) and Leicester is great and there's a few new builds that are some very good estates.

It's been carrying a reputation for 15 years that probably hasn't been true for about 5.

Coalville is much bigger and has some decent shops, albeit the Belvoir complex itself needs demolishing and rebuilding. Sorry Shilton just seems to offer nothing, I'm amazed it even has town status. The 9,000 or so people that live there don't seem to have much in terms of shopping or entertainment. Compare it to places such as Ashby that has only 3,000 more people and they are worlds apart.

I went to see a friend play in a sunday league game, some years ago. It was a morning kick off, and when we arrived at the park (the ground) there was a a group of feral youngsters still on the p*ss from the night before, drinking cheap cans of cider and strong lager. The game was abondoned after 5 minutes due to a mass brawl between the two sides and the p*ss heads, due to a few strong challenges going in.

Hadn't been to Earl Shilton before that incident and haven't been since.

Archived