Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
isaidno

The beautiful gamers

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently you can download Championship Manager 01/02 for free now, and get an update to get this season's data (teams, players etc) in it. Here's an article on it with links: http://thesetpieces.com/reviews/championship-manager-0102-update/

Not tried it myself though.

Thanks for this. Took a bit of messing around but now have Championship Manger 01/02 running on my laptop complete with up to date players/competitions and the games starting in 2015/16 season.

Great nostalgia trip back to the days before having to worry about player roles, match sharpness and press conferences!

And all free of course! And legit! But if you want to save yourself the hassle of doing the patches and updates, you can even by a CD version with all the updated data for £ 2.50!

Played this for a couple of hours last night. Really pretty good actually, but not without one or two flaws. The game of course seems very stripped back when compared against subsequent and recent versions of the game.

The competitions are more or less correct but the format (I think) is as you were at the time - so the Champions League had two group stages rather than one and the Europa League is not present, but the good old fashioned UEFA Cup is.

The player wages and values are not as inflated as they are today, but do appear to be relative - thus Messi is earning £100,000 p/w, but in my Leicester team, Vardy for instance is on £15K p/w.

I assume prize money etc is lower as well but it is all relative.

Of course you can more or less breeze through matches. There is no Assman to pick teams for you though.

Considering it cost me nothing other than half an hour or so to download and unzip the various updates, I can't complain at all!

Archived