Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

Seb Giovinco

Alexandre Lacazette

Ahmed Musa

Antonio Candreva

Andriy Yarmolenko 

Paulo Oliveira

Seamus Coleman

Mattia Perin

They would all improve the squad and I think they'd all join us.

I read somewhere the other day that Perin wants to stay in Serie A

We've actually signed plenty of backup players over the past season that can't get a game. Surely we don't need to much more. We have Inler, Amerty, Gray, and James still to come back.

The one position I think we really need is a second striker. Sinji and Uljoa just aren't up to it and don't really add anything. If we got a really good number 10 we would be amazing.

Firstly, lay off the drugs, chap.

Secondly, isn't it a good thing we didn't kick Vardy into touch after HIS first season?

I read somewhere the other day that Perin wants to stay in Serie A

To be fair he's playing week in week out, he's only 22 (I think) and is playing in his home country.

I can see why he might not be as swayed by Champions League football as the rest.

The average age of our first eleven is 28.2 - Kante is our youngest player and he is 25 next week. Age wise we are mature but footballing wise we have players who were late bloomers or journeymen.

This team could go on for a few more years. Morgan could probably play consistently for us til he is about 35.

Some interesting free agents in the summer:

Steve Mandanda

Gregory van der Wiel

Martin Demichelis

John Terry

Patrice Evra

Sofiane Feghouli

Riccardo Montolivo

Ever Banega

Fernando Torres

Which ones would you take? If any?

Would go with Torres..

Feghouli I know him very well he could be interesting in premiere league and could be a good replacement if Mahrez is out. Technically spot on and a great right back as a right winger. Yes doesn't score that much but in EPL who knows things can change. Player with great personality. He was and probably still is the best player of our National team . Free agent?? Grab'em fast!

Would anyone take Benteke? Is he better than what he's showing at Liverpool or is he not as good as what people thought? I know we don't need to go for misfits necessarily but it's something we've been successful at in the past.

Would go with Torres..

Feghouli I know him very well he could be interesting in premiere league and could be a good replacement if Mahrez is out. Technically spot on and a great right back as a right winger.

I was drawn to van der Wiel, Feghouli and Banega. Van der Wiel and Simpson as our right backs and we are sorted. Feghouli as a Dyer replacement, and Banega as an Inler replacement as I can see him leaving in the summer.

Would anyone take Benteke? Is he better than what he's showing at Liverpool or is he not as good as what people thought? I know we don't need to go for misfits necessarily but it's something we've been successful at in the past.

Klopp likes to play a high pressing game, and we kind of do as well. Our transition is phenomenal. I like Benteke as a player. He's definitely better than what's he's currently showing, but he wouldn't fit us I don't think so. Plus he's on massive wages.

Guest CityFan 06

Good suggestion about Benteke. If he did come here and the move worked for him, he has the potential to be an excellent addition. However, I suppose the things to consider would be his wages, how he would suit our style of play and whether Liverpool would sell. I like this suggestion though because he's a proven goalscorer at this level.

Archived