Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Ongoing Transfer Talk

Don't ask again, 'fans' like you don't add anything to this forum, same as the ones that comment on Facebook or Twitter about Mahrez. We've made him the player he is, so have some respect.

He's not good enough for baca yet anyway, needs another consistent season before the big move in my opinion

"We've made him the player he is" ... well one might say he too contributed to make you the team you are.

Be humble.

"We've made him the player he is" ... well one might say he too contributed to make you the team you are.

Be humble.

It certainly is a bit of both. Things have aligned so perfectly this season it just feels so right having him in this Leicester team.

Also, why is Feghouli leaving a team like Valencia?

Some interesting free agents in the summer:

Steve Mandanda

Gregory van der Wiel

Martin Demichelis

John Terry

Patrice Evra

Sofiane Feghouli

Riccardo Montolivo

Ever Banega

Fernando Torres

Which ones would you take? If any?

Feghouli and Van Der Wiel are the two that would walk into our team and improve it, both with plenty of experience and ability. All the others are at the end of their career and ability has dropped rapidly season after season. It would be being blinded by their name and history rather than what they can add.

People talk about Ibra having an ego, he has an ego as he has constantly performed with his incredible talent at every club he has been at. As he's gotten older he's changed his style and still performed, he's not a trouble maker and wouldn't be a bad influence in the club at all.

It would never happen but would be amazing, Vardy and Ibra leading the line. I would think he'd end up at Utd if Jose goes there but then the next season must be his last chance at CL

Feghouli and Van Der Wiel are the two that would walk into our team and improve it, both with plenty of experience and ability. All the others are at the end of their career and ability has dropped rapidly season after season. It would be being blinded by their name and history rather than what they can add.

People talk about Ibra having an ego, he has an ego as he has constantly performed with his incredible talent at every club he has been at. As he's gotten older he's changed his style and still performed, he's not a trouble maker and wouldn't be a bad influence in the club at all.

It would never happen but would be amazing, Vardy and Ibra leading the line. I would think he'd end up at Utd if Jose goes there but then the next season must be his last chance at CL

I think we've got to be very careful with our signings. Just because VDW is a better player individually than Simpson doesn't mean it will improve us as a unit. Likewise with Fegouli and Albrighton. Remember Albrighton does a lot of defensive work maybe Fegouli wouldn't do. I have complete faith and trust in SW to find us the right players to improve us.

Players like Ibra and Benteke are unrealistic. They are both paid over £140k a week, we can probably afford it but it wouldn't be fair on our current players. I would rather pay Mahrez £120k a week than Benteke for example. If we do sign a big name I can't see us paying more than £100k a week tops

I think Walcott and the Ox are both interesting. I'd love to see either, Theo with JV up front and the Ox instead in behind him or wide right. Both will be very close to giving up on being part time players and need a move. We can offer Champions league, they won't go to Spurs. Why not?

I'm of the belief that if Theo got the chance to play 30+ games a season up front he'd get a goal every 2 games.

He was a striker.. Arsenal and England ruined him... would be nice to see if we could revive that. 

I don't have a lot of intensive knowledge of foreign players therefore can't offer an informed opinion.

However, I'm not a great advocate of signing players on the way down who have had more prestigious clubs and huge salaries. For that reason the likes of Benteke and Walcott would be a no from me as both would have the feeling of being forced here to some extent.

I'd much rather us sign up and coming players from lesser teams or leagues who have it all to do and all to prove. We don't need to try and find a £400k Mahrez every time but £15-£20m on players like :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3435402/Leicester-City-join-chase-exciting-French-winger-Ousmane-Dembele.html

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/leicester-city/foxes-scout-watches-20m-rated-embolo-1990415.html#/.VvPOEuKLRhE

Walcott, to put it politely, is absolutely terrible. So much potential at one stage, but so little improvement... and that's just in general, before we even get started on his actual ability on the field. Besides, as stated by someone above, he's on about 140k per week.

Almost as bad as Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Sofiane Feghouli would be my shout if we were to sign a winger to replace Dyer. Top UCL player with international experience, also gets on well with our Riyad.

Edit - Didn't see Feghouli has already been mentioned lol

Walcott, to put it politely, is absolutely terrible. So much potential at one stage, but so little improvement... and that's just in general, before we even get started on his actual ability on the field. Besides, as stated by someone above, he's on about 140k per week.

Top of the league one year and now Leicester fans can start calling players like Walcott terrible? Not so sure. Clearly a great player but I agree that he has unfulfilled potential. Wages aside and if he could stay fit he'd be a quality addition for us due to his style of play, but too many factors pointing for us not to sign him. But yeah he's not a terrible player haha

Top of the league one year and now Leicester fans can start calling players like Walcott terrible? Not so sure. Clearly a great player but I agree that he has unfulfilled potential. Wages aside and if he could stay fit he'd be a quality addition for us due to his style of play, but too many factors pointing for us not to sign him. But yeah he's not a terrible player haha

Being top of the league makes no difference or has any bearing on my post whatsoever. He's never done anything of note, despite all the potential and being at supposedly one of the best clubs in the world for bringing youth on. The majority of the time when he gets it out wide, he fails to get it in the box, and when he plays up front, he doesn't have the instinctive decision making to react quick enough to either put the ball away or lay someone else in. He's a player with no position.

Is this a joke? How on earth would our league position have a bearing on whether a player is "terrible" or not?

He was average when we were bottom of the league, he's still average when we're top. What the hell has changed? Nothing lol.

I don't recall Walcott ever playing left-side of a 3. Seems like having him cut in from the left seems the most logical place to play him as there never seems anyone to cross to.

Walcott

Sanchez

Ozil

Welbeck

So for us:

Walcott

Number 10

Mahrez

Vardy

Being top of the league makes no difference or has any bearing on my post whatsoever. He's never done anything of note, despite all the potential and being at supposedly one of the best clubs in the world for bringing youth on. The majority of the time when he gets it out wide, he fails to get it in the box, and when he plays up front, he doesn't have the instinctive decision making to react quick enough to either put the ball away or lay someone else in. He's a player with no position.

You don't believe he is only doing what he's asked to do on the field?

You don't believe he is only doing what he's asked to do on the field?

You mean failing to beat the first man with a cross, or fluffing one on ones? As much as it looks like Wenger tries to get himself sacked at times, I doubt he'd go that far lol. Besides, players aren't robots. Yes they will have in-game instructions, but things change and believe it or not, they are capable of, and have to make decisions for themselves.

Archived