Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest CityFan 06

Does the Xbox One come with 2 controllers // And a query about pre downloaded games

Guest CityFan 06

Looking to buy one, but holding back slightly because it does not seem to be clear whether you get 1, or 2 controllers with the console. Any one know?? The description of the product does not mention this as such and cannot find an answer on the general internet search browsing so thought this part of the forum is about the best place to come for this sort of thing

Also, as part of the deal I'm looking at, it comes with FIFA 16 pre downloaded in the console, does this work the same as discs? Can you save game data and progress in the same way? Which one is better for ease of use ?

Any help on this is much appreciated, thank you.

Guest CityFan 06

It will come with 1 controller unless it says otherwise! In terms of pre downloaded games, they work exactly the same as on disc, apart from you don't have to get off your arse when you want to play a different game!

I was hoping it would come with 2 controllers but I guess I'll just have to buy another one separately. Pleased to hear the pre downloaded games are virtually the same.

Thanks.

Guest CityFan 06

I'd also like to know if the apps such as Netflix, Skype, YouTube, BBC iPlayer etc are free to use if you do not have Xbox live, but do have an Xbox profile? I read that all of these entertainment apps are now free to use without charges, is this true?

I'd also like to know if the apps such as Netflix, Skype, YouTube, BBC iPlayer etc are free to use if you do not have Xbox live, but do have an Xbox profile? I read that all of these entertainment apps are now free to use without charges, is this true?

Assuming it's the same as on 360, yes you can use them without Xbox live. You will obviously have to have a Netflix subscription though.

Guest CityFan 06

Assuming it's the same as on 360, yes you can use them without Xbox live. You will obviously have to have a Netflix subscription though.

Brilliant. Yep I understand about the Netflix subscription.

Guest CityFan 06

Has any console ever come with two controllers?

Not sure, but the Xbox 360 I bought in around 2011 came with 2 controllers, which is why I wondered if this is the same case with the Xbox one.

If you've not yet bought your console, have a quick look on https://www.console-deals.com/xboxone/- use the sidebar to include things like extra controllers (the console only comes with one), however at the moment most of the best deals don't include an extra one so just buy one separately

If it includes downloadable games, these won't be installed already - you'll be supplied with a code to download it. Worth noting that many games are 50GB (few hours to download) so I'd recommend getting a disc-based game with your console to play while you wait for FIFA to download.

It's well worth getting Xbox Live Gold as you might find your services very limited without, and you won't get the free fortnightly game downloads. Xbox Live Gold can often be bought for well under the £40 RRP (12 month subscription) - check http://www.kinguin.net and https://www.g2a.com. I've used both of these sites without any problems and saved plenty of cash

Guest CityFan 06

Thanks for telling me me Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo and MrSpaM, I wouldn't of known that at all. I just presumed FIFA 16 came installed and it's ready to play as soon as the console was set up. I'll take a look at those sites too. Cheers guys.

Archived