Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pinkman

Depression

7 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

We didn't, but I'm OK. 

48 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Ooof, always a tough one matey. Affairs of the heart etc. especially when you think you've found 'the one' ... I doubt it's.much consolation - but most people can relate to it

I still pine for "the one" 47 years later. It is what it is and life moves on. The best memories last forever.

I'm no longer sad but I can't help wondering... what if?

• Like 1

On 02/09/2024 at 13:55, urban.spaceman said:

Eleven months later and I've just handed in my final project and associated literature.

101 page screenplay - 23,000 words

7-8000 words of rewrites

3500 word short screenplay with my highest ever academic mark

And 15,000 or so words of supporting materials

60 trips back and forth to Goldsmiths in New Cross in London

11 months

2 emergency laptop repairs

20% student discount at the pub

Many new friends made

(and a nemesis)

New opportunities created

And a shitload of new ideas.

I am officially done. Thank you to everyone on here who supported me through this. I honestly couldn't have done this a couple of years ago. I'm still in the process of turning my life around from the bombshell it's been but the future I want is becoming a lot more clearer and possible.

I'm going to spend the next few days in bed.

Dude,   I have been quietly following your progress and this is the best thing I have read today. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Am surprised how unemployment really questions one self, unless it's just me feeling it (after a few interview rejections)..

It’s the stigma of it particularly the process of having to go and sign on every day to prove you’re not the pariah sponging off society. It’s a really depressing process. Most of the people who would be quick to claim all people on the dole are scroungers have never been through the process.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, when_you're_smiling said:

It’s the stigma of it particularly the process of having to go and sign on every day to prove you’re not the pariah sponging off society. It’s a really depressing process. Most of the people who would be quick to claim all people on the dole are scroungers have never been through the process.

I've not signed on, but I totally get where you're coming from.

It's sad that @Rincewind isn't around, as he'd probably very much agree with you.

• Like 1

On 17/02/2016 at 17:20, Pinkman said:

I've suffered from the illness/disease (it eats away at you, making you feel hopeless) for the past year and a half. I've often contemplated about ending my life in the last few weeks. I go to university but can't say I particular enjoy it. I rarely turn up to university through anxiety and fear.

I haven't told my parents/friends. My friends see me in a completely different light. A cocky, light-hearted individual. 

A combination of guilt and comforting myself by listening to music has meant I haven't taken my life, however I feel completely and utterly miserable. I spoke to my course leader about it, and ended up breaking down half way through the meeting. I really do think leaving university would be the best thing to do, I think it would make me happier, but I'd feel like a failure towards my parents who have obviously paid lots of money for me to come here.

I'd also like to thank this current Leicester team/staff for giving me hope. What Ranieri, Mahrez, Kante, Vardy and co have achieved this season is unbelievable, and it gives me real hope to carry and battle on. Even if we don't win the league, this campaign has been amazing and made me almost forget the Taylor/Levein/Holloway years...

Anyway, I'm not sure what my intention was to post this on here, I just wanted to know if anyone has ever felt anything similar to me, and what they did to combat this.

Dear Brother, 

Even I am very far from your country , I suggest some things to get  (eat or drink that is absolutely wonderful contribution to your feelings positively) I can not say certain reason being depressive but it is related to some missing ingredients among our eating habits.

I strongly suggest below things for remedy :

sage tea

green tea 

black tea is good but green tea has more flavonoids and make your body more contributions to fight inflamation reasons.

honey 

walnut

grape

date (fruit)

sefand seed tea (peganum harmala) it is too bittter add very low as much as tip of a tea spoon into one liter water)

fish (omega 3) get fresh do not take canned fish

olive oil  (only cold press and natural one)

butter (must be natural not mixed with margarines)

village bread as much as brown 

natural fermented house yoghurt 

cheese as much as fermented 

pickle (natural not in the jars with chemicals ) you can make at home it is easy 

***what I want to try to make to increase useful bacteria making contribution to your inner healts that turns you healty .

Get Sun Bathing, Do not escape from SUN , the more D VIT, the less anxiety and depression. Use natural oil for sun bathing never and ever sun screen creams of well known brand .Even if you put olive oil thats i far much better those fabricated chemicals creams )

https://skorcha.com/blogs/suncare/natural-tanning-oils/?srsltid=AfmBOooAys-v-pC2RZ0cUyEWZL_4shMMKl3HchoOOCuxxHQK9VZGOlJw  

**Please bear in mind some parasits make depression and doctors can not find them .**

thyme tea  and (you can take some with spoon to recover gut health.

This could seem strange but depression could be result of what we eat . The ingredients chemicals and  so on... they could cause this.

Our aim with these eating habits to remove inflammation in the body and put inside valuable contribution that the body and cell needs them .

Stay away all canned foods , margarines all packaged foods (because their chemicals to stay log on the shleves but we are human not shelves ). 

Do not eat sugar but instead take these natural sugars as ***HONEY*** and fruits .. You will see you are much better day by day.

Do not take any seed oils only natural cold prress olive or natural butter ..Villagers' product are healty and prefer villager's bazaar, markets .

Hazelnut , almond ,pistachios also very good .

Walnut is a good source of copper. Copper also plays an important role in the preservation of collagen in the body and especially for connective tissue.

The findings showed that daily consumption of walnuts improved mental health indicators and protected against some of the negative effects of academic stress on metabolic and stress biomarkers.

LİSTEN TO YOU BODY AND FEEL YOURSELVES. WHENVER YOUR MORAL İS DOWN YOU FEEL , İNCREASE THESE THINGS. FOR EXAMPLE YOU CAN MAKE A GOOD DESSERT MIXING WALNUT AND HONEY... OR YOU CAN TAKE GRAPE AND HAZELNUT. OR HONEY AND BUTTER OR HONEY AND YOGHURT ..THATS ALL GOOD  .

DO NOT FORGET BRAIN NEEDS OIL BUT HEALTY OIL.

https://greymattersofcarmel.com/brain-health-fat-diet/#:~:text=Your brain needs fat for,brain%2C forming a protective sheath.

https://www.cambridge.org/core/blog/2022/08/23/the-impact-of-parasite-infection-of-mental-illness/

Parasite infections can be a cause of mental illness through biological and socio-environmental paths. The inflammation caused by parasite infections affects the brain and CNS via the blood brain barrier, activation of the vagus nerve and immune cells. An individual’s genetics also play a key role in the susceptibility to parasite infections and the prediction of depression. For example, parasite infections are known to cause increased activation of the immune system in which some genes are linked with an increased risk of mental illness.  

You will see how honey is a miracle for anxiety and deppresions . 

And go seaside swim sunbathing , walking in the sea side (in the sea waves), have a picnic at the weekends , sit ans sleep under trees and take more oxygens thats definitely what you need for remedy of deppresion.

Have one favorite hobby. Have your right to say NO to the people for your personal life. If you do not like smthg dont do it. (I am not saying this for your job/business environment  , generally we should do some work that we do not want, we have to we have to accept this and nothing to do to change these obligations that our tasks )  And do  not think too much deep about some possibilites taht never and ever happened especially do not think past events , they all stayed in the past and we  all have some negative memories, our regrets in our lifes  but the life is goes on and nobody of us can change the past events.

Make sports but not necessary heavy ones . Walking (or biking or riding on a horse) on the seaside or rural areas and in the forests make your nerves calm and make you happy .You can make farming . Touching on the soil , walking on the soil , make your nerves calm and make happy. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8657257/

https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/mental-health-benefits-of-the-beach

https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl/blog/brain-and-behavior/202201/oxygen-therapy-moderate-depression

All the Best,  

Edited by Naat