Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pinkman

Depression

My friends, I hear you and I do this myself. 

There will always be something presented to us that we can be pulled down by. I guess our job is to try and net zero the issue by putting that amount of goodwill out there by way of a response. 

Easier said than done, I accept. 

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Really feeling it today. Sometimes just reminded how pointless it all is, how Earth is just a meaningless grain of sand in the universe and how humans are just a blink of an eye in the history of that grain of sands. And there we all are stabbing each other, throwing bricks at each other and treating people like they’re some kind of wrong uns because they’re from a different country. 

1 hour ago, jgtuk said:

I’m with you on this, massive issues going on in my personal life without the stuff happening literally everywhere I turn. 
Just about hanging on at the moment. 

Don't sweat the small stuff.

No point worrying about things you can't affect.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Don't sweat the small stuff.

No point worrying about things you can't affect.

Easier said than done when millions of things you can’t affect control how you and your loved ones live, work, study and the mood. 

2 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Easier said than done when millions of things you can’t affect control how you and your loved ones live, work, study and the mood. 

Given.

But by affecting what you can affect, you can at least make life for you and your loved ones and those who love you, somewhat easier.

@Sampson Head up good man.  I've had an absolute sh*t time with ill health of late and understand the hopelessness that can sometimes overtake day to day life.  Little joy in the usual activities stopped me finding activities that helped with mindfulness and it just got worse and worse.  As with most of these things, time helps.  I'd highly recommend some CBT sessions as that has helped me from catastrophising everything in life that was driving my anxiety and hopelessness.

Good luck with your struggle and hope you come out the other side soon.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I've been in an emotional holding pattern for 2 years, and wasn't sure I would ever get to land my metaphorical plane. Happily, though, the woman I desire has radioed me to start my descent and (hopefully) make a safe landing. So (obvious sexual imagery aside) we get the chance to see if we can adjust from how we have had to be, to how we imagine we want to be.

I know it won't solve any existential issues I have, and I need to not rely on it to make me happy. However, I am the luckiest man alive - that she wants me as much as I want her, after 53 years of nothing remotely close to it, is mind blowing.

I have many friends on this thread, and I wanted to share this with you.

Here's hoping she's kept her landing strip in good nick and your fuselage remains intact while attempting to touch down.

Remember, before attempting to land, you need to conduct a thorough equipment check and ensure there's clear 2-way communication. 

Although videos of such things are now popular, I think I speak for the forum in saying we don't need to see it - we'll just trust that you deplaned your passengers safely.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Cruss5 said:

Hello

I've been struggling for some time now, various reasons.  I am very lucky that my immediate family are supportive.

Next year I will be turning 50, this doesn't bother me as it is just a number.

I decided to create a list of 50 things to do before 50, the list is only small things which some i have done many a times but what i want to do before i turn 50.  I have created a website basically putting down some of my thoughts and a little bit about me, this is almost my own therapy due to me being a stubborn git and not asking for help.  Please feel free to take a look, it is very text heavy and the gaps next to the list is my idea of a panini sticker book where once i've completed the task I add a photo.

https://sites.google.com/view/50-before-50/home

Thanks

Think your wife knows my Mum (Melody), did she used to work at Jessops?

43 minutes ago, Cruss5 said:

Hello

I've been struggling for some time now, various reasons.  I am very lucky that my immediate family are supportive.

I decided to create a list of 50 things to do before 50, the list is only small things which some i have done many a times but what i want to do before i turn 50.  I have created a website basically putting down some of my thoughts and a little bit about me, this is almost my own therapy due to me being a stubborn git and not asking for help.  Please feel free to take a look, it is very text heavy and the gaps next to the list is my idea of a panini sticker book where once i've completed the task I add a photo.

Thanks

Interesting read that - sorry to hear about your struggles especially your son that died at 8 months - I'll be a bit more symapthetic than ''better get a wiggle on'' as it will of taken some decent strength to write all that. Good luck with it and keep us updated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruss5 said:

Hello

Thanks

Great list and hope completing it brings you some happier times. Don’t want to pour water on the fire, but #15 looks like mission impossible 🤔😆

38 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Feel for those long-term unemployed.

Am only on month one of it, but can see how rejections can hit you - no matter how much that one tries.

I hope you get something soon Wymsey. Job hunting in the current climate can be utterly soul destroying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Am only on month one of it, but can see how rejections can hit you - no matter how much that one tries.

It's not easy. I was looking for work from September - December last year. Decided to use that time to do research on a couple of things I've always wanted to do. And read a lot. Helps to have structure to your days. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

It is tough, I have been looking for part-time work since beginning of May.  I have had just the one interview in all of that time.  Very easy to get depressed and lose focus. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Interesting read that - sorry to hear about your struggles especially your son that died at 8 months - I'll be a bit more symapthetic than ''better get a wiggle on'' as it will of taken some decent strength to write all that. Good luck with it and keep us updated. 

Thank you, it did take some courage.  But it certainly helped so far.

6 hours ago, brookfox said:

Great list and hope completing it brings you some happier times. Don’t want to pour water on the fire, but #15 looks like mission impossible 🤔😆

Already started that one.  Not going to be easy.  Thank you

7 hours ago, Libertine said:

Think your wife knows my Mum (Melody), did she used to work at Jessops?

Yes, she did work with mel

Unfortunately we can't make the wedding which is a shame

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cruss5 said:

Already started.  Thank you

It's a shame that you're not from the London area, otherwise I probably would've nominated myself for number 8..;)

Edited by Wymsey

On 06/08/2024 at 15:29, Wymsey said:

I had no idea Wymsey - all the best to you with this.

• Thanks 1

On 06/08/2024 at 15:29, Wymsey said:

I was unemployed for nearly 4 months, i started drinking loads, lost my mojo.  But one day, After a bottle of whisky, i somehow got it back and went on the offensive and learned to apply myself better.  The art was to find out what the employer wanted, bullshit in my CV and to get in the door for an interview.  Now im a nuclear scientist and professor in astrology for NASA

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I was unemployed for nearly 4 months, i started drinking loads, lost my mojo.  But one day, After a bottle of whisky, i somehow got it back and went on the offensive and learned to apply myself better.  The art was to find out what the employer wanted, bullshit in my CV and to get in the door for an interview.  Now im a nuclear scientist and professor in astrology for NASA

Genuinely made me laugh, but probably not the thread for this. 

• Thanks 1