Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Pinkman

Depression

7 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

We didn't, but I'm OK. 

48 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Ooof, always a tough one matey. Affairs of the heart etc. especially when you think you've found 'the one' ... I doubt it's.much consolation - but most people can relate to it

I still pine for "the one" 47 years later. It is what it is and life moves on. The best memories last forever.

I'm no longer sad but I can't help wondering... what if?

• Like 1

On 02/09/2024 at 13:55, urban.spaceman said:

Eleven months later and I've just handed in my final project and associated literature.

101 page screenplay - 23,000 words

7-8000 words of rewrites

3500 word short screenplay with my highest ever academic mark

And 15,000 or so words of supporting materials

60 trips back and forth to Goldsmiths in New Cross in London

11 months

2 emergency laptop repairs

20% student discount at the pub

Many new friends made

(and a nemesis)

New opportunities created

And a shitload of new ideas.

I am officially done. Thank you to everyone on here who supported me through this. I honestly couldn't have done this a couple of years ago. I'm still in the process of turning my life around from the bombshell it's been but the future I want is becoming a lot more clearer and possible.

I'm going to spend the next few days in bed.

Dude,   I have been quietly following your progress and this is the best thing I have read today. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Am surprised how unemployment really questions one self, unless it's just me feeling it (after a few interview rejections)..

It’s the stigma of it particularly the process of having to go and sign on every day to prove you’re not the pariah sponging off society. It’s a really depressing process. Most of the people who would be quick to claim all people on the dole are scroungers have never been through the process.

1 hour ago, when_you're_smiling said:

It’s the stigma of it particularly the process of having to go and sign on every day to prove you’re not the pariah sponging off society. It’s a really depressing process. Most of the people who would be quick to claim all people on the dole are scroungers have never been through the process.

I've not signed on, but I totally get where you're coming from.

It's sad that @Rincewind isn't around, as he'd probably very much agree with you.