Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

The Car thread

8 minutes ago, Milo said:

Haha - not at all true. 

Car is epic. As I said previously, it’s not something I would have considered had @tom27111 not mentioned it. 

It’s perfect. Spec’d up to the eyeballs and runs like a dream. Use it more than I use mine, now. 

So many people say the same. 

I believe it was originally intended to be badged as an Infiniti car. Nissan's luxury brand, similar to how Lexus is Toyota's high end range.

Really stunning cars. A Nismo version is coming out next year.

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

So many people say the same. 

I believe it was originally intended to be badged as an Infiniti car. Nissan's luxury brand, similar to how Lexus is Toyota's high end range.

Really stunning cars. A Nismo version is coming out next year.

If people drive the standard one like they've stolen it, god help you taking them on a test drive in that one!!!

14 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

If people drive the standard one like they've stolen it, god help you taking them on a test drive in that one!!!

I'm more worried about the MG Cyberster coming in a couple of weeks. 

Most of the MG guys aren't old enough to be covered to drive it on the company insurance, so I'm sure I'll be out in that a few times.

496 BHP & 0-62 in 3.2 seconds 

11 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Sorry @tom27111 but the Mrs has a Nissan x-trail on loan while her Volvo is being fixed and it’s absolutely naff lol. Not even got a sat nav!

Acenta Premium. Utter dogshit. Basically manufactured solely for the purpose of Motability customers.

Nobody has ever sold one retail.

23 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Someone has probably ragged the absolute bollocks out of it.

Pretty standard in EV's if they're not driven properly. Our Ariya at work was showing a really short range because people on test drives drive it like they stole it.

Needs plugging in and resetting.

I’ve driven dozens of EVs while plating and this is by far the worst I have come across. Checking online since I posted the max claimed is only 124 so about 80 useable with no accessories and reduced performance.  Ok if all you do is short commutes and can charge at home/work but who buys a Cooper S for that kind of driving?

Edited by CUJimmy

3 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Acenta Premium. Utter dogshit. Basically manufactured solely for the purpose of Motability customers.

Nobody has ever sold one retail.

Something like that - it’s an absolute shambles :nono:

Just done a test drive of a BYD Seal U.  Really impressed and quite tempted when my current car goes back in October.  Went to see the Atto 3 but my head touched the ceiling being freakishly tall.  Anyone got any experience of these or similarly sized ones that would fall within the company car perk range?

FYI, wouldn't be seen dead in a Nissan...

1 hour ago, Zear0 said:

Just done a test drive of a BYD Seal U.  Really impressed and quite tempted when my current car goes back in October.  Went to see the Atto 3 but my head touched the ceiling being freakishly tall.  Anyone got any experience of these or similarly sized ones that would fall within the company car perk range?

iX3?

3 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Kia EV3?

EV6 is amazing but maybe the wrong shape if you are looking SUV. 

4 hours ago, Zear0 said:

I'm 6'4" and there's acres of space for me in an Ioniq 5

4 hours ago, Tommy G said:

iX3?

Will have a look but seems twice the price of everything else of similar spec. 

1 hour ago, Dreadnought said:

Kia EV3?

EV6 is amazing but maybe the wrong shape if you are looking SUV. 

Yeah didn't see the EV6 so will have a peruse. Do like my Niro but it's about £200pm more for the same car as they're definitely more mid range cars now. 

55 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I'm 6'4" and there's acres of space for me in an Ioniq 5

Did drive one of those, and it was excellent, but the front of the car isn't for me. I'm that shallow... 

I am leaning towards this Seal U as it's similarly equipped and so much cheaper. Plug in hybrid, rather than the pure EV I've got, but the 50 miles of charge gets me to most places I visit day to day. 

44 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Did drive one of those, and it was excellent, but the front of the car isn't for me. I'm that shallow... 

Literally the first thing my boss did when I got mine was to tell me how ugly it was. I think it's cool, but not beautiful. 

They're insanely expensive, but don't you get taxed a lot more on a hybrid than a pure EV as a company car? Mine costs me next to nothing, which I have to say is the best thing about it by a mile, much as a like it

On 25/04/2024 at 09:33, moore_94 said:

Flat tyre from hitting a pothole on the way to work this morning

Thankfully recovery got to me in less than an hour and currently sat in Kwik Fit who were able to get me straight in

Anyone had experience putting a claim in with council for the money back before? Is it a ballache?

It has taken nearly 5 months but I am finally getting the £91 back that it cost me to get a new tyre after a pothole knackered it

Edited by moore_94

2 hours ago, Kopic said:

My car has been at the garage for a month for an engine issue, and I still have an £800 repair to do on top to get it through an mot. **** cars.

Anyone know a dodgy mot place?

This one, opposite Leicester College, is a bit of a white elephant apparently.

AF1QipOP4Sf7G3MnLPOxWbn2SC9LINieVzOk-TJu

Whilst am on this topic - my Father and his brother used to own a well-known car tyre and exhaust business in Leicester, with up to six depots at one point, for many years, until it got sold to Protyre in 2014.

Edited by Wymsey