Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

The Car thread

45 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Last question I promise, did you put a deposit down on that?

3 months. Any more than that and its not worth bothering with a lease IMO!

We look at 36 months leases, but 48 also works if the price is right.

Edited by kenny
Additional info added
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Test drove the i4 M50 last week, putting my order in this week. Incredible car

They look nice. How long have you got to wait for one? 

Though I'm a little surprised that the EPA is only 300 miles when it has such a big battery (83.9kw). For comparison the Tesla Model 3 Long Range has an EPA of 350 miles on a 75kw battery. 

5 hours ago, The Bear said:

Though I'm a little surprised that the EPA is only 300 miles when it has such a big battery (83.9kw). For comparison the Tesla Model 3 Long Range has an EPA of 350 miles on a 75kw battery. 

My model 3 arrives Thursday. Any tips?

29 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

My model 3 arrives Thursday. Any tips?

Give it a good check over when you get it. Panel gaps, interior, boot, frunk. And make sure all the accessories are there. Type 2 charging cable. Road Safety Kit, etc. Check all the lights, take it for a drive and make sure there are no squeaks from the front suspension (a common fault).

There's a much more extensive checklist here. I didn't do all of it when I got mine, but it gives you the idea. 

https://teslaowners.org.uk/kb/new-car-collection-checklist

Other than that, connect to a WiFi/Hotspot to download any updates, and have fun! 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 2

VERY loud squeaking noise coming from the right side of my car all the way home from work today, had a feel inside the wheel and the back right break caliper a fair bit warmer than the others on the other

Work from home tomorrow to take it to the garage it is then lol

£105 I just paid to fill up my car. That's it, final straw. Been putting off going electric and this is the push I've been waiting for. Awful I know, I'm sprung into action when it hits my pocket. Still, nice to finally lower my carbon footprint.

By the time you take into account the diesel costs I'll save, the VAT that will be offset through my business, and the tax I'll save at the end of the business year, it becomes a bit of a no brainer. I can sell my car and use the proceeds to put down the initial deposit. And have a new car to show for it.

A couple of questions:

> How easy is it to install an electric charger? 

> How much should I expect electric charging to add to my electric bill?

> Do grants still exist to get one installed?

> How much will I save on road tax?

> Do business lease providers ever get involved with taking your used car off your hands for you?

> Is the used car market still as inflated as it has been for the past year in the context of the massive fuel price increases?

Assuming the answer to the last two questions is 'no and no', what are my best options for selling? I'd like to avoid a long wait to sell my car, partially as I could do with the proceeds for initial rental, partially because I'm impatient. Best to go to a local garage, or are there better valuations available online than Phillip Schofield's lot?

Edited by Nod.E

9 hours ago, Nod.E said:

£105 I just paid to fill up my car. That's it, final straw. Been putting off going electric and this is the push I've been waiting for. Awful I know, I'm sprung into action when it hits my pocket. Still, nice to finally lower my carbon footprint.

By the time you take into account the diesel costs I'll save, the VAT that will be offset through my business, and the tax I'll save at the end of the business year, it becomes a bit of a no brainer. I can sell my car and use the proceeds to put down the initial deposit. And have a new car to show for it.

A couple of questions:

> How much should I expect electric charging to add to my electric bill?

> Do grants still exist to get one installed?

> Do business lease providers ever get involved with taking your used car off your hands for you?

> Is the used car market still as inflated as it has been for the past year in the context of the massive fuel price increases?

Assuming the answer to the last two questions is 'no and no', what are my best options for selling? I'd like to avoid a long wait to sell my car, partially as I could do with the proceeds for initial rental, partially because I'm impatient. Best to go to a local garage, or are there better valuations available online than Phillip Schofield's lot?

A couple of questions:

Very. Podpoint are the biggest supplier in the uk, you'll need to send them some measurements and photos. They do the rest for about £700

> How much should I expect electric charging to add to my electric bill?

Totally depends on what size battery the car has and how many miles you do.

> Do grants still exist to get one installed?

No, just finished. Might fo in some circumstances. 

You won't pay any.

> Do business lease providers ever get involved with taking your used car off your hands for you?

Possibly, but highly unlikely. 

> Is the used car market still as inflated as it has been for the past year in the context of the massive fuel price increases?

Still inflated, but slowly coming down. Nowhere near where it should be though. 

Be prepared for a long wait on your new car. For example, you can't get a Hyundai Ioniq 5 until January. 

If you'd like a valuation, send me your reg and mileage. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve got my MOT and service today

Just looking for advice on specifically my SEAT Leon FR Technology 

It’s stopped blowing hot air when on the fans maximum output setting, and when on the fans minimum output setting, it blows luque warm air

I’m hearing it could be the heater matrix, but am hoping to find someone on here who’s had the same issue with maybe the same car

I’ve had a look online at various forums and have my own ideas. 

Cheers

2 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Nice. Does it have dashboard receptacles for your hairdryer 

Just stick my head out of the roof lol

They are a bit of a marmite car, got a very dedicated following of hard-core fans though.

They're really fun to drive, definitely put a smile on your face and get you enjoying driving.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Just stick my head out of the roof lol

They are a bit of a marmite car, got a very dedicated following of hard-core fans though.

They're really fun to drive, definitely put a smile on your face and get you enjoying driving.

Please tell me that the one you’re driving for the weekend has a Powered By Fairy Dust sticker lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

It’s stopped blowing hot air when on the fans maximum output setting, and when on the fans minimum output setting, it blows luque warm air

I’m hearing it could be the heater matrix, but am hoping to find someone on here who’s had the same issue with maybe the same car

Cheers

I've just asked the Seat sales manager, he's got no idea and as it's Saturday, there's no techs in to ask for advice.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Cheers

A tech has just popped in and I've asked him. 

He says your first port of call should be to check your coolant levels.

If that's below the minimum, it can play havoc with the heating system, but a very easy fix.

Aside from that, he's not sure, it's not a common problem. 

Hope that helps :thumbup:

4 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Cheers

I had this on an old car about 10 years ago.

Not sure how technologically  advanced things have become on your car but my fix was easy:-

When your moving the dial on the heater there's a "sweet spot" which you can hear a 'click' which activates the heat.

I had to go really slow moving the dial at the sweet spot and it always worked!

Not the best fix but it worked for me so give it a go AFTER, as Tom said check your coolant.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

A tech has just popped in and I've asked him. 

He says your first port of call should be to check your coolant levels.

If that's below the minimum, it can play havoc with the heating system, but a very easy fix.

Aside from that, he's not sure, it's not a common problem. 

Hope that helps :thumbup:

Yeh mate thanks for that

Theyve not had time to look today as they do half day Saturdays 

Anyway, it now works, not that it’s needed today, so it must’ve been the coolant levels!

Thanks for taking the time to ask though 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Yeh mate thanks for that

Theyve not had time to look today as they do half day Saturdays 

Anyway, it now works, not that it’s needed today, so it must’ve been the coolant levels!

Thanks for taking the time to ask though 

Sounds like he was spot on then and they've topped it up as part of the service :thumbup:

• Like 1

On 22/03/2022 at 14:23, The Bear said:

Until December unfortunately. It’s 550 bhp so that’s what will drain the battery 😂

18 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Until December unfortunately. It’s 550 bhp so that’s what will drain the battery 😂

I did notice that!

I also noticed a slower 0-60 time than a Model 3 which is roughly 400bhp. So the motors are just less efficient. 

54 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I did notice that!

I also noticed a slower 0-60 time than a Model 3 which is roughly 400bhp. So the motors are just less efficient. 

It’s 2.5 tonnes too, so that might come into it. I just don’t like the look or feel of the Tesla. The insides are sh*t and look really cheap….IMO 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tommy G said:

It’s 2.5 tonnes too, so that might come into it. I just don’t like the look or feel of the Tesla. The insides are sh*t and look really cheap….IMO 

I agree, I'm sure they are fun to drive, but the styling is not to my taste, and I like a bit of luxury interior.

• Like 2

Car customisation.

Owners have decorated or made changes to their cars for decades (in my youth I'd see a pair of fluffy dice hanging in the rear window of a car and my opinion of the driver would plummet).  Yesterday I had to look at a car twice to believe what I was seeing.

I was behind a fairly large and nondescript SUV in a queue of traffic very slowly approaching a roundabout.  I gave it a closer look than usual initially because of the unusual colour, a very dark green and the fact that it had tinted windows, but the thing that really grabbed my attention were the words 'Zombie Invasion Response Vehicle' emblazoned on the rear.  I couldn't imagine who would do that to a car but was curious to find out.

One of the few advantages of ageing is that I can now do a passable impression of a zombie without make-up.  Unfortunately before I got the chance to find out if that car could really do 0 - 60 in 0.3 seconds the traffic cleared and took off in the opposite direction to the one in which I was heading.  Pity.