Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

The Car thread

3 hours ago, tom27111 said:

How did the test drive go @TiffToff88

Well I'm picking the car up on Monday so I'd say it went pretty well 😅

I'm a car salesman's dream. I probably came off as a bit too eager and I think he knew it. Barely talked him down on the price at all. I should have taken my sister with me (she works for Sandicliffe Ford so she knows how to play the system)

All that being said, I thought it was a brilliant car. Such a smooth ride and surprisingly spacious. It's practically a Tardis on wheels

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Well I'm picking the car up on Monday so I'd say it went pretty well 😅

I'm a car salesman's dream. I probably came off as a bit too eager and I think he knew it. Barely talked him down on the price at all. I should have taken my sister with me (she works for Sandicliffe Ford so she knows how to play the system)

All that being said, I thought it was a brilliant car. Such a smooth ride and surprisingly spacious. It's practically a Tardis on wheels

Told you you'd like it!

Pleased you've found something you like 👍 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder if someone could advise....

I need some new tyres for my audi a5. Always had pirelli pzero rossos, but fancy a change.  My proposed shortlist consists of...

Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 5

Bridgestone Potenza S001

Continental Sport contact 6

Continental Sport contact 5p

Or do I stick with Pirelli?

I've kinda discounted Dunlop and Michelins. 

Thanks...

20 minutes ago, Chiltern Fox said:

I need some new tyres for my audi a5. Always had pirelli pzero rossos, but fancy a change.  My proposed shortlist consists of...

Bridgestone Potenza S001

Thanks...

I've got the Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 5 on my Jag XF and absolutely delighted with them.

When they're ready for a change I'll definitely get the same again (or the new asy 6 model)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Chiltern Fox said:

Bridgestone Potenza S001

Thanks...

I’ve just had 2 Potenzas on my Audi, all good so far. Found Pirelli Pzero lasted 10,000 miles - cr@p

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chiltern Fox said:

Bridgestone Potenza S001

Thanks...

I had Goodyear Eagle F1s on an old car and they were the best tyres I've ever had. Grip was outstanding in both wet and dry. 

Last time I was looking for tyres I used this review site which is good for conparisons:

https://www.tyrereviews.com/

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

Please feel free to drop me a line for any car related enquires or questions, I work as a finance broker for one of the biggest leasing companies in the UK 😁

The Ioniq 5 is a beauty! 

What's the waiting time for an ioniq 5 I wonder?

Edited by weller54
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Believe there's an updated model out this month with a longer range..315?

Yes, although real world range is way off that. Was only getting 200 miles in the winter, but can now do 250 in the warmer months. Could probably eek out a bit more if I avoided motorways, but it's rare that I ever need to do more than 200 miles in a day anyway and the charging network is better than most people think. 

Thinking of going full electric for the wives car as her current one needs upgrading. 

She only really does around town miles and when she goes back to work it will likely be one or two trips a week to Leicester (from Hinckley) 

One thing i dont really understand is the cost to charge them. At home and at charging points (morrisons, Mcdonalds, Service stations etc.etc.) 

my Mini Countryman (1.6 petrol) costs around £85 to fill and i get around 450 mile to the tank. 

How much would a full charge on a electric car roughly cost to get say 250 ish miles if i was to charge at home or out and about? 

Obviously looking at a rough cost and i guess this charge would go onto your standard electricity bill. Do you have to notify you energy supplier? 

49 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Thinking of going full electric for the wives car as her current one needs upgrading. 

She only really does around town miles and when she goes back to work it will likely be one or two trips a week to Leicester (from Hinckley) 

One thing i dont really understand is the cost to charge them. At home and at charging points (morrisons, Mcdonalds, Service stations etc.etc.) 

my Mini Countryman (1.6 petrol) costs around £85 to fill and i get around 450 mile to the tank. 

How much would a full charge on a electric car roughly cost to get say 250 ish miles if i was to charge at home or out and about? 

Obviously looking at a rough cost and i guess this charge would go onto your standard electricity bill. Do you have to notify you energy supplier? 

Yes, this is a good question!!

Charging overnight on a cheaper tariff perhaps?

Octopus Go is the best electric tariff for EVs as they charge about 7.5p per kWh at night (purely for home EV chargers). That will take 6-8 hours to fully charge a battery from flat. Though if you put it on every night then it'll just keep it topped up. 

Most public chargers you're looking at 40-50p per kW now. Roughly 30-60 min for a good top up if its a rapid (50kW) charger. Which will cost you around £15-20.

If you have the option to have a charger at home then that is the way to go. Even most regular tariffs are less than rapid charger costs. Though energy prices are going up again in October remember. 

There's also the cost of installing the charger at home to factor in too. That'll cost anywhere from £600+ all in as you need a certified electrician to do it. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Octopus Go is the best electric tariff for EVs as they charge about 7.5p per kWh at night (purely for home EV chargers). That will take 6-8 hours to fully charge a battery from flat. Though if you put it on every night then it'll just keep it topped up. 

Most public chargers you're looking at 40-50p per kW now. Roughly 30-60 min for a good top up if its a rapid (50kW) charger. Which will cost you around £15-20.

If you have the option to have a charger at home then that is the way to go. Even most regular tariffs are less than rapid charger costs. Though energy prices are going up again in October remember. 

There's also the cost of installing the charger at home to factor in too. That'll cost anywhere from £600+ all in as you need a certified electrician to do it. 

Wow!!... public chargers are very expensive then!!!