Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Countryfox

The Car thread

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

Anyone on here got a VW id3?

My next door neighbor had one delivered on Monday.

I had a good look around inside and out but not been for a drive in it yet (neighbors tell me it goes like shit off a shovel)

I think it looks fantastic. Very Teslaesque with all it's gadgets, displays and simplicity.

4 hours ago, polarbear said:

I'll take you up on your offer of at least meeting him and seeing what the options are

If they arent great ill disgustingly squash a seal in front of him and eat it 

If you pm me an email address and what spec you're looking for, I'll get him to get in touch.

He is in Bedford though, probably should have mentioned that lol

6 minutes ago, Otis said:

They're either lieing to you or easy impressed.

I imagine they're easily impressed with having had a diesel Hyundai before

0-60 in 7.2 seconds isn't that amazing tbf

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tom27111 said:

If you pm me an email address and what spec you're looking for, I'll get him to get in touch.

He is in Bedford though, probably should have mentioned that lol

Dont worry this polar bear is Bedford based. That's where the fattest seals are 

• Haha 2

And this time in the right thread....

Having told me last week I might as well forget there being a company car for me anytime soon, turns out I was being trolled and they want to get one for me as soon as, which is nice of them.

Basically it needs to be all-electric to work for the firm from an accounting perspective, and they had concluded a Hyundai Kona was the way to go. This would've been fine (apparently they're pretty good) and would've cost me next to nothing in BIK, but it's simply not big enough.

I'm therefore put in the brilliant position of being offered something as a lovely gesture and saying actually I don't want that

fw5j7v91

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

What companies do any of you recommend for breakdown?

Need to renew next month, £64 renewal for Recovery Plus with Greenflag which gets the below

image.png.7aab76e838f9a8c57fb977c44a074945.png

I use "start rescue" been brilliant the twice we've been rescued.

Popped into Hyundai dealership yesterday and it was a bit weird because the actual showroom bit was almost empty, but I suppose it makes sense not to have cars lying around that you might as well just sell.

Had a quick look at a staff member's Ionic 5 - very nice, but a right massive lump of a thing. It's footprint is about the same as my old Mazda but it seems huge; really tall and fat. Very cool though

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Popped into Hyundai dealership yesterday and it was a bit weird because the actual showroom bit was almost empty, but I suppose it makes sense not to have cars lying around that you might as well just sell.

Had a quick look at a staff member's Ionic 5 - very nice, but a right massive lump of a thing. It's footprint is about the same as my old Mazda but it seems huge; really tall and fat. Very cool though

It is big!..guy pulled up in one next to me in a car park last week...in 'real life ' it does look a little ungainly?.... think I've changed my mind having seen it and think I'll go for an id3.

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

It is big!..guy pulled up in one next to me in a car park last week...in 'real life ' it does look a little ungainly?.... think I've changed my mind having seen it and think I'll go for an id3.

I think it's one of those things that doesn't sit quite right just because it's not what you expect - it doesn't take up any more space than my existing car but seems half as big again.

ID3 is just too small for me. I'd have cheerily gone for the Kona I was offered if I didn't have a family to lug around, it was really nice

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I think it's one of those things that doesn't sit quite right just because it's not what you expect - it doesn't take up any more space than my existing car but seems half as big again.

ID3 is just too small for me. I'd have cheerily gone for the Kona I was offered if I didn't have a family to lug around, it was really nice

Don't like the Kona's looks! Or the id4 come to that!, but as you say it's just a personal thing.

On 22/06/2022 at 15:09, Wakeyfox said:

image.png.94139a8a1eed24b3ff94af7d150662e4.png

Had this for 7 months and it's by far my favourite car I've ever had. Literally no downsides to it.

What did you have before? I had a quick look at one at the weekend and it seems HUGE even though its footprint isn't any bigger than my old hatchback.

I think between us my firm and I are probably only going to stretch to the cheapest model with the smaller battery, which puts me off slightly

2 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

What did you have before? I had a quick look at one at the weekend and it seems HUGE even though its footprint isn't any bigger than my old hatchback.

I think between us my firm and I are probably only going to stretch to the cheapest model with the smaller battery, which puts me off slightly

Immediately before this I had an Xc60, so this is probably a touch smaller I guess. 

Don't let the battery size put you off unless you are regularly doing more than 150 miles per day. The 58 kWh battery will probably be good for around that kind of range in realistic driving conditions. And if you get a 7 kWh charger installed at home it'll be full in 8 hours (overnight).